Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#883324 19/08/23 05:23 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Interactions with Mol are either heavily bugged or straight-up poorly written.

In 2 play-throughs, both have had major issues. For example: I save the kid from the harpies, save the kid from the druids, and even save the pickpocket from the adventurer (granted - after the adventurer hit him).

I go visit Mol and she is pissed off that I let the adventurer hit the pickpocket. No mention of the various heroics or the fact that I lied to the guard for the kid, getting the adventurer knocked out. She gets pissed. I persuade her to give me a second chance. She tells me to leave and not return. Before I can even click the mouse, she asks what I'm still doing there and tells me to leave again. This repeats a third time except now she threatens me.

We all know what's coming now... later on, the guards accost me as Mol claims I've been threatening the kids. 1) how utterly stupid does the guard have to be to fall for this in the first place. 2) why are my dialog options a) attack, b) go to jail quietly, c) deception? I never threatened Mol, therefore no deception should be required. This should be a simple persuasion check at worst, not a DC 20 deception check.

I have yet to ever have a bug free interaction with Mol in act 1 either in EA or release.

WebSpyder #883565 19/08/23 07:08 PM
K
stranger
stranger
K
It's a bit worse for me... I just saved the druid grove from the goblins and the guards still catch me. I don't have the option to go to jail... If i fail the DC20 deception check the only option i have is to attack them. It seems i have to kill them all after i just saved them. I simply don't want to fight them.
If i turn left from the entrance i see Mol there and i can talk to her and even buy stuff from her. But there is no dialog option for an apology or something like that.This problem really needs to be fixed.

Finally i have managed to sneak around the guard by using the underground passage that leads directly from the forest to the druid grove. Otherwise this problem would have been kind of gamebreaking for me. I have tried to reload the game multiple times but i never won the deception check.

I hope this doesn't affect the rest of the game. I don't want to spend the entire game sneaking around any guards just because I upset Mol almost at the beginning.

Link Copied to Clipboard