Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#884704 22/08/23 04:39 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello,
I’ll keep it short, please redesign the respec in the game. I feel like the respec for 100g, makes choices about lvling up irrelevant. I can spam respec after every fight. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that the option is that readily available.

I am not saying to remove the option completely but at least make it have an increasing cost when using the option!!!…
(Especially for harder difficulties) Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Severance; 22/08/23 04:40 AM.
F
addict
addict
F
No!

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
addict
addict
Prepare yourself for a horde of "If you don't like it, don't use it".

I'd make respect cost 5000g minimum for Tactician (actually I would prefer to just NOT have respect available), prob 1000g for Easy mode.
At 100g, why not just have it for free? Or basically just have it on all the time, change your spec right before battles....who cares right? Don't like it don't use it as long as your having fun (sarcasm).

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..
veteran
veteran
shadowheartdisapprove does not approve.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
Don't like it don't use it as long as your having fun (sarcasm).

Reporting in! So why the sarcasm? What do you have against people just having fun? Could you show us on Astarion's model where the fun hurt you?

Many people are already doing "no reload" runs as is, even though there is no ironman/honour mode implemented in the game. So just challenge yourself with no-respec. Alternatively, there could be an option, where Withers doesn't offer respecs at all, but (this is the crucial bit) it should be an option.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Tempted to be one of the "if you don't like it, don't use it" crowd. As an indecisive player who overthinks and frets every decision, I appreciate the opportunity to change my mind. Especially since I am primarily a Larian fan who has always been unimpressed by the DnD ruleset (stone me), and so am pretty unfamiliar with the build system and how everything fits together.
But as a person who also greatly appreciates a narrative experience, I also see the value of being forced to live with my decisions.

Realistically, I think the cost is restrictive enough in the early game that you feel like you have to be careful with it, and that is when you are likely to be wanting to change it up constantly. By the time you get further where you have more money but also more comfortability with what choices you are wanting to make, I think you are also less likely to feel a need to respec much.

veteran
veteran
Nonsensical opposition, obviously in the late game it is still likely to consider it cheap but the early game is appropriate.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Severance
Hello,
I’ll keep it short, please redesign the respec in the game. I feel like the respec for 100g, makes choices about lvling up irrelevant. I can spam respec after every fight. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that the option is that readily available.

I am not saying to remove the option completely but at least make it have an increasing cost when using the option!!!…
(Especially for harder difficulties) Thank you for your time.
No.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I’m surprised the cost doesn’t increase per level. 100g per level wouldn’t make it prohibitively expensive, but enough to put people off doing it all the time.

That said, I just never used it. Even though I never planned a build in advance, never looked up what abilities would unlock later and probably could have optimized some characters better in hindsight.

It’s just not hard to ignore the feature completely, or use it very sparingly if you don’t like it.

journeyman
journeyman
I'd be down for once per level.

addict
addict
Why?

Do you lack the willpower to choose not to use it?
Or
Do you just want to reduce the enjoyment of others?

This is 100% the right time for the "if you don't like it, don't use it" response.

Back from timeout.
addict
addict
Why?

Do you lack the willpower to choose not to use it?
Or
Do you just want to reduce the enjoyment of others?

This is 100% the right time for the "if you don't like it, don't use it" response.

Back from timeout.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Count Turnipsome
Prepare yourself for a horde of "If you don't like it, don't use it".
Indeed ...
Bcs that is the only proper responce.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
I don't want to have play the game over 9000 times to be able to try everything out thanks.

Respec is good, if anything it should be free and not even 100g.

You don't need to abuse it to charge spell slots lol, theres plenty of food in the game you can long rest as much as you want.

It does need to be improved to allow full character customization - change background / race / appearance for MC and hirelings at least.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
On the surface, respecc is about choice since you can choose not to use it, but in reality it is anti choice. If choice diesnt have consequences or can be easily undone, choice does not matter. If a doalogue requires persuasion fir the 'best' outcome respecc. If dialogue requires intimidation change it. If you need to be barbarian, druid, or some other class just respect. Lame.

In conclusion, respect is anti choice sonce it makes choices less meaningful.

B
old hand
old hand
B
FFS.

H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
Respec is a must have mechanic for a single player CRPG. That said, the fact that it is 100G and never gets more expensive is a strange design choice IMO. I would have expected it to scale with level or get more expensive each time you used it.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dagless
I’m surprised the cost doesn’t increase per level. 100g per level wouldn’t make it prohibitively expensive, but enough to put people off doing it all the time.

That said, I just never used it. Even though I never planned a build in advance, never looked up what abilities would unlock later and probably could have optimized some characters better in hindsight.

It’s just not hard to ignore the feature completely, or use it very sparingly if you don’t like it.

100 gold per level sounds reasonable, but no more. There is an abuse of the legendary weapon from the divine intervention, it's enough to fix it

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
M
M
I don't think it is a must have feature - especially in a game where you can't easily completely mispec yourself. For me an RPG always meant you have to live with your choices, including on your character.

This being said, I don't mind the feature too much. But as stated it is really too cheap, especially late in the game. Right now if you want to scribe wizard scrolls it is cheaper to switch specs a few times for the 50% price reduction.

If I could create a custom party, I wouldn't be interested in respec at all. It's one of those things that takes you right out of the game. Withers wants 100gp that will just vanish in order to what? It wouldn't be that much more work to take respec away in Tactician and only allow it in Story Mode (and just make it free because, really, who cares?). Players can easily change Difficulty to respec (and if you are changing difficulty, you're already giving up on immersion to some extent) and those who stay on Tactician will be able to avoid seeing one more thing that makes no sense in the game world.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard