Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
I would like to make a list of all loots usefull or not (so that we can sell them without problem).

Empty bottle?
Empty Great Bottle?
Rags?
Shoes?
Skulls?
Bones?
Inkwell?
Incense?
Spoiled food?

Last edited by Palatinus; 22/08/23 08:59 AM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
We could also use common sense. If it is worth 1 gold then don't pick it up. Quest items don't in the trading inventory. Important items have an orange border in the inventory.

P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
What about alchemy or the creation of magic items?

H
HZM Offline
journeyman
journeyman
H
Why is the Staff of Crones orange? Also there are multiple quest items that are not orange and can easily be confused with vendor trash and sold.

IMO the game has way too many containers and trash loot and they must do it just to fuck with OCD people. Like pretty much every item in OPs post should be, at a minimum, flagged as wares when you loot them.

P
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
P
I also think there are too much barrels, bags, backpacks, jute bag etc etc.

M
stranger
stranger
M
My sense with D&D and RPG tell me that these are very important items, and these could used in quest or as crafting material.
But since people are datamined and played game already and completed it in multiple runs. Then we trust them that is junk.

addict
addict
I still can't believe that rope is a trash item. If I were a real adventurer, I would definitely hang on to my rope, and count on it to aid me in many a precarious situation.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can change shoes for your camp clothes, although you rarely see your feet on cutscenes, so they are practical useless. The rest are junk. I’d also add to sellable list:

Ingots (heavy valuable, and you’d think they might be useful later- they are not)
Non magic jewelry (unless quest item)
Gems (unless quest item or alchemy ingredients)
Tableware
Pots and pans
Shears, tongs, non weapon hammers, rakes, etc

Don’t sell:

Your last shovel.

old hand
old hand
I have collected skulls, bones and scrags to use as components for the Animate Dead spell (Skeletons), but unfortunately it doesn't work...

There are also special jewelry and journals that can be found, but no idea if relevant NPCs / quests can be found for this later in the game.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 24/08/23 02:23 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
I have collected skulls, bones and scrags to use as components for the Animate Dead spell (Skeletons), but unfortunately it doesn't work...
A brilliant idea. A pity it doesn't work.

Originally Posted by Lotus Noctus
There are also special jewelry and journals that can be found, but no idea if relevant NPCs / quests can be found for this later in the game.

I read somewhere else that reading a book makes you memorise its contents. That lead me to the conclusion that I can safely sell all the books I have read. Except books with a special border colour, of course.

In some cases, the weight of an item seems worth paying attention to. I keep items with special names and no weight in my invisible bag, because I think the developers are telling me to hang to those things by giving them zero weight.

Last edited by Ikke; 26/08/23 08:39 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard