Next Thread
Print Thread
H
HZM Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H

Are you supposed to get scanned every time you get close to a Steel Watch robot? Because after the meeting with Gortash before his coronation, it does not seem like this should be happening to me but it is.

Anytime one of the Steel Watch sees me they engage the closest party member to be scanned. Have to pass something like a 20 DC Wisdom check or its surrender or fight. Choose fight, it's usually not a hard fight. 1-2 robots tops and some Fists. But then the corpses are red and looting them is stealing...so I get accosted by 10 HP NPCs and have to either leave the bodies there, try and stealth loot them or just kill the NPCs preventing me from looting. Fist patrols are also dispatched to the scene where like 4 of them show up and try to arrest you. They get beaten down. Then trying to loot them, usually another NPC wants to die. This has happened to me like 5-6 times now. Does this happen to everyone or did I do something to bring this on myself?

The very first time I got scanned at Worm's Crossing, which is scripted, the gnomes interrupted the scan but I killed the lady and the malfunctioning robot anyway. But I was able to walk through the Wyrm fort to the coronation and out of it, no problem. This is only happening to me on the city streets.

enthusiast
enthusiast
No, didn’t happen to me.

I don’t remember exactly how the coronation scene goes. Do you need to speak to him afterwards or something? I don’t think I flatly refused the deal, but I certainly accept it either.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Likely the problem is you killed that first steel watch aligning yourself against Gortash, unlike the rest of the fist they remember your crimes and will persist in accosting you effectively forcing you to fight every fist and steel watch that sees you until you deal with the factory. Also looting guards and civilians is a crime so don't been seen doing it.

It happened to me too after killing a steel watch which also triggered orin starting disable the steel watch quest

H
HZM Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by dumpy
Likely the problem is you killed that first steel watch aligning yourself against Gortash, unlike the rest of the fist they remember your crimes and will persist in accosting you effectively forcing you to fight every fist and steel watch that sees you until you deal with the factory. Also looting guards and civilians is a crime so don't been seen doing it.

It happened to me too after killing a steel watch which also triggered orin starting disable the steel watch quest

That was my best guess but being able to walk around freely in Wyrm's Rock does not make a whole lot of sense and then why would Gortash talk to me/propose a deal if the goddamn robots were going to harass me the rest of the game either way?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by HZM

The very first time I got scanned at Worm's Crossing, which is scripted, the gnomes interrupted the scan

They what?! Huh. I guess now I can stop sneaking past that checkpoint in my games (I just backed out of the cutscene once I got recognized). hahaha

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
only applicable if you kept the ironhand gnomes alive through act1+2
they also sell you flashbangs that make fights against iron watch much easier

Gortash might call off the iron watch against you if you ally with him but you will anger orin and kalach doing it

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dumpy
only applicable if you kept the ironhand gnomes alive through act1+2

Well yes.

Saving the gnomes (and tieflings) is what gets me in trouble in the first place. Well, that and not being able to figure out how to escape the notice of the scrying eyes.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Thankful no one seems to mind the murder of scrying eyes as long as they die instantly

Link Copied to Clipboard