Next Thread
Print Thread
#888961 30/08/23 12:47 PM
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
So I just got Karlach in my party and want my character to romance her. I already slept with Lae’zel and kissed Shadowheart. Is it possible to start romancing Karlach? I have not finished the grove quests.

veteran
veteran
You can only have two active romances at a time, so you'll have to break one off, but I recommend being faithful to just one due to how Long Rests work.

F
F
If you already slept with Lae'zel it means the tiefling party is over.
And this means no other romances for you.
Welcome to BG3.

Faust-RSI #889026 30/08/23 02:47 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
This is absolutely not correct. You can sleep with Lae'zel looooong before the party.
As far as I understood it during my playthrough because I had more or less the same setup: the game "blocks" other romances from happening when your character is involved.
When I talked to Lae'zel somewhere during act 2 saying that our little fun was ending, suddenly, Gale, Wyll, Karlach all woke up and asked me out. Just needed to turn down the first two and go with Karlach.

F
F
Maybe. I got Lae'zel only after the party, so I don't know from my own experience. Just saw posted everywhere that all romances start during the party.

Faust-RSI #889079 30/08/23 04:30 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Welcome to BG3.

What's the point of saying that ? The romance system and the multiple romances available and their crossings HAVE to be organized and layed out at some point.
Larian HAS to make decisions about how things unfold, and by playing the game we KNOW how and when to handle the events.

Your answer is also wrong and misguiding, as Halsin and Will and others tried to hit on me in act 3, whereas Karlach said she did not got her chance at the camp party, but she will try later. So I don't know how you played but you need to know what you are talking about before criticizing because it's all wrong.

And if you want infinite content with ALL the characters then write an interactive story, but Larian cannot fulfill every possibilities for every player in the world.

Last edited by Isenthal; 30/08/23 06:38 PM.
Isenthal #889125 30/08/23 06:38 PM
F
F
^
lol what a bunch of nonsense right here laugh Have you even played the game?
Because I've finished it and I know what I'm talking about. What I don't know I've admitted, but this doesn't change the main point.
Originally Posted by Isenthal
Larian HAS to make decisions about how things unfold, and by playing the game we KNOW how and when to handle the events.
lol no we don't. How am I supposed to know that it's either tiefling party or it's over? HOW? Exactly, it's impossible to know from just playing the game without spoilers.
If you want to spend more time with those characters because it becomes a BIT serious (and still not official), then by all means play longer act 1, do more optional quest...
I've cleared all the optional quests in act 1, and?

There are different steps in the romances, that follow along the story and that's perfectly logical, as the characters life evolve and they react to it, want to change or want to confirm, so it unlock some events and lock others... all of this is fair
There is NOTHING logical or fair about this dumb system where everything is tied MECHANICALLY to certain events.
Halsin and Will and others tried to hit on me in act 3
this only means they were present at tiefling party, that's all.
whereas Karlach said she did not got her chance at the camp party, but she will try later.
now this is some serious bullshit right here, where did you get these fantasies from? These are not in the game for sure.

Last edited by Faust-RSI; 30/08/23 06:40 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well that's funny that you dare denying what happens in the game, but well, maybe you read all the source code of the current release, is that so?
You are definitively misguiding and just trying to complain.

F
F
^lol I don't need to read all the source code, if you want to prove something - go on and prove it, a simple link to any youtube video will do. If you can't provide it - just stop spreading your nonsense, it's that simple.

journeyman
journeyman
Oh, you are cute, Do you really think that I have something to prove to you?
I certainly don't give any importance to displaying to you what does exist in the game.
You were really thinking that I would replay the game just to trigger the dialogue? You are certainly a foolish one.
If it happened in the game... then what? You should be happy, right? Because you were complaining that nothing happens much.

Last edited by Isenthal; 30/08/23 07:17 PM.
F
F
^yes, you came here, spreading your bullshit, thus prove it or just stop, you are ridiculous right now smile
And I don't really care how are you going to prove this - just by replaying the game or searching someone's video on youtube.
Till then - no, nothing like this exists in the game. And I know this for sure because I've tested it not just with Karlach, but also with Wyll and Lae'zel.
But I see you're already trying to step back with this "IF it happened..." Because you know well that it didn't. So easy to catch, like 12 years old lol

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Come on folks, there's absolutely no need to get heated. Let's talk calmly and constructively, or if you don't feel you can then please disengage/

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Faust-RSI #889151 30/08/23 07:48 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Faust-RSI
Welcome to BG3.
I could have started the romances with Karlach, Wyll, Gale and Halsin in act2/Halsin act 3, if I wanted. So not all romances are tied to the party. With Shadow you have to do the wine drinking in act 1 and Lae'zel I don'tknow. Astarions can start in act 2 too according to some other players.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
fylimar #889317 31/08/23 05:32 AM
F
F
Originally Posted by fylimar
Originally Posted by Faust-RSI
Welcome to BG3.
I could have started the romances with Karlach, Wyll, Gale and Halsin in act2/Halsin act 3, if I wanted. So not all romances are tied to the party. With Shadow you have to do the wine drinking in act 1 and Lae'zel I don'tknow. Astarions can start in act 2 too according to some other players.

You misunderstand. Maybe because of that previous poster spreading misinformation. It's not a matter of an Act. it's a matter of tiefling party - one specific event. If any of companions are missing during this party (joined after) - the romance options with them are blocked for the rest of the game. By the way, I have reported this as a bug to Larian. Clearly some "flags" or "checks" are missing or attributed incorrectly.

And you are right about Shadowheart. You can't romance Shadowheart if you refused to drink wine with here during tiefling party, and this is also ridiculous because there are no second chances. Drinking alcohol can be unacceptable for some people or even entire cultures. Some of such people (and some others, too) can role-play just like that and refuse drinking with her not to reject romance, but because of how they role-play. It's an obvious overlook on the developers' side.

Last edited by Faust-RSI; 31/08/23 05:35 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard