Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I received my CE in the mail yesterday and picked it up from the post office today. So far, so good.

What struck me as a little unusual is that the box is not sealed at all. There is no shrinkwrap and not even any sticky tape. Anyone could have simply opened the CE box while it was in transit to me.

Is this normal? Did everyone else also receive their box without any shrinkwrap/tape or has anyone received a sealed box? Is it "opened" because we received the keys before the CEs shipped? Is that the reason?

Thanks in advance for sharing your CE experience smile .

veteran
veteran
I got an email saying mine was delayed 2 to 4 weeks. wyllcry

old hand
old hand
While I like CE's, I can't convince myself to get the ones that cost this much.

My last one was Anno 1800, which is still shrink wrapped unopened since the key was digital.

On that note does this CE also give a digital key before delivery?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I got an email saying mine was delayed 2 to 4 weeks. wyllcry
Same. I guess we will just have to wait.

Out of curiosity were your CEs for PC or PS5, for both of you? Could be that those for PC has shipped out and those for PS5 are delayed? Or maybe it has to do with region? I’m in Europe and waiting for CE for PS5 for what it’s worth, and got an email about a 2-4 weeks delay on delivery of my CE.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
My CE (delivered) is for PC. Can someone confirm that it is normal that the CE box is not sealed?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by RogueDancer
Out of curiosity were your CEs for PC or PS5, for both of you? Could be that those for PC has shipped out and those for PS5 are delayed? Or maybe it has to do with region? I’m in Europe and waiting for CE for PS5 for what it’s worth, and got an email about a 2-4 weeks delay on delivery of my CE.
PS5. Yes, maybe they shipped the PC version but not the PS5 version yet.

Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
On that note does this CE also give a digital key before delivery?
Yes.

Last edited by Icelyn; 31/08/23 01:43 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
PC here got the 2-4 weeks email as well.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
OK, it's been a little while... has anyone else received their CE yet and can you confirm that yours was also not sealed?

journeyman
journeyman
Last I heard of mine was when I sent an email asking about its status. I got this in return:

"Our team is still working on the final details and working with the shipping and production teams to make sure you get your order as soon as possible.
Once your order ships, you will receive tracking details via email."

that was on Sept. 5th. So No idea when it will ship.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Sorry about asking again but has anyone else received their CE in the meantime and was it sealed or no?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Moriendor
Sorry about asking again but has anyone else received their CE in the meantime and was it sealed or no?

Nothing here yet - I am kind of surprised you got yours already, it seems you are the only one? I don't know why yours was not sealed, but since you didn't mention anything was missing and you did get it okay, what does it matter enough to keep bumping the thread asking? Just curious, honestly - does it matter?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Scott Lufkin
[quote=Moriendor]I don't know why yours was not sealed, but since you didn't mention anything was missing and you did get it okay, what does it matter enough to keep bumping the thread asking? Just curious, honestly - does it matter?

Does it matter or does it not? The most basic philosophical question of life laugh .

It matters to me in so far as:

- I'm not sure if anything is missing because I want to keep it in mint condition. I have only opened the top of the box and looked at some of the stuff that is stored in there but I have not taken out the statue etc. - I would start taking a closer look if several people would report that they received a sealed copy because then I would know that an "open" box is not the norm.

- I am also not sure if there is a key included with the CE box or did we just receive it by e-mail? If the package was opened then someone could have activated the key(s). I bought the early access version of BG3 on Steam. I can not test if the CE keys are still valid without activating them. It would give me some peace of mind knowing that other CEs were also not sealed.

- Finally, there is the question of value. Back in the days of the retail boxed games, I used to buy CEs to own and use them. Nowadays, in the digital age, I very rarely buy physical CEs but if I do, I usually leave them sealed sitting on my shelf to gawk at and hoping for it to rise in value. For a proper valuation, it would be good to know if there are sealed CEs (very valuable) and non-sealed CEs (near worthless in case there are sealed CEs) or if all CEs are not sealed because Larian (or their distribution company CipSoft, respectively) had to open them to send people the keys early.

I hope that these are somewhat legit enough reasons that meet your approval smile .

Last edited by Moriendor; 19/09/23 08:11 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It's 26th September and still not heard word about my CE (for PC) other than the 2-4 week delay. Interesting that OP recevied theirs so early. Anyone else getting them, and are they unsealed like OP's?

The Dude abides.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Moriendor
Is this normal? Did everyone else also receive their box without any shrinkwrap/tape or has anyone received a sealed box? Is it "opened" because we received the keys before the CEs shipped? Is that the reason?
Finally got mine!!! It wasn’t shrink wrapped, either, so I think that is normal.
Less plastic for the environment. approvegauntlet

Everything that was supposed to be in the box was there. The statue is much better than I thought it would be!

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
@Icelyn

Thanks for your feedback. I'm relieved to hear that no seal seems to be normal smile .

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Did y'all receive tracking numbers or notifications?

The Dude abides.
T
stranger
stranger
T
i received my collectors edition but cannot find the dice....anyone who has got theirs and opened. where is it in the packaging?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by thebham; 28/09/23 08:10 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
btw i like that outer sleeve wasnt taped to the inner box. the tape damages the box.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dancingcrab
Did y'all receive tracking numbers or notifications?
Yes!

Originally Posted by thebham
i received my collectors edition but cannot find the dice....anyone who has got theirs and opened. where is it in the packaging?
It was in the main part wrapped in paper like the keychain.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Icelyn
Originally Posted by thebham
It was in the main part wrapped in paper like the keychain.
unfortunately it was missing from mine. Larian customer support has replied and said they will be shipping a replacement once they are manufactured.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard