Next Thread
Print Thread
#890729 02/09/23 06:00 PM
Y
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
My wife and I have been playing local co-op and decided that instead of using split-screen, she would just pass the controller to me on my turn in combat. This was working fine until recently after patch #2 my character will no longer follow the group no matter what we try. It seemed to start after putting my character in Withers's Wardrobe then taking her back out. Splitting and re-grouping, pushing my character off a cliff and having Withers revive at camp, group stealth spamming, travelling to waypoints, but nothing has worked. The only workaround we have found is to have everyone follow my character, but this is her save file and we want her to be the one engaging in the dialogue. Has anyone experienced this or have a fix?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same issue but singleplayer here with custom party. Ive noticed that when I put a character in/out character in Withers Wardrobe theres a chance that they might stop following you (sometime it'll happen, sometimes it will be fine). I dont know what exactly triggers it but it seems to be an issue with the wardrobe.

Like you, Ive tried everything I could think but nothing worked. The only workaround I found is reload an earlier save that doesnt have this bug.

veteran
veteran
correct the wardrobe is not a pop in and out tool

the design is to kick a person that isn't playing anymore and that brakes things like follow scripts

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
S
S
I just got the issue and lost about 10h of adventure + a lot of spoils then ...

I have sent a bug report to Larian for that.

Dans le doute, frappe ...
S
S
Good news smile

With the hotfix 5, I don't have the issue anymore.
tested from the camp into the elf song tavern

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I unfortunately still have the issue, took my brother's character out the wardrobe and they refuse to follow anywhere frown spent whole night looking for a fix with no luck.

S
S
Arf, finally, it is not fixed at all. I have again lost one full evening of play for nothing... mad

If I dismiss one character and take it back then leave the camp, it works.

Some ideas from where the bug is coming:

- Replace the character by an origin character or an hireling.
- Respec one character origin or hireling
- Move to another area (lower city -> dracosyr road)

EDIT: I made some tests.

Recruiting Origin -> Works
Recruiting Origins + Save -> Works
Recruiting Origins + Travel Other area -> Works
Recruiting Origins + Respec (with and without save) -> Works
Recruiting Origins + Exit The game + Return to game with Continue -> Failed

So, it seems that as soon as you are not exiting the game, you can retrieve characters from the Fletriss piece of furniture without any issue and they will follow you. If you exit the game, you can retrieve the character but it will not follow you (like he think he is controlled by another player). Some link is somehow broken in this case and it is definitive...

Definitly a bug ; I will send my test to Larian for fixing.

As a workaround, before quitting the game, ensure you collect all your custom characters in your party. It should work.

Last edited by Starblaireau; 06/09/23 11:27 AM. Reason: Tests performed

S
S
It seems (and this is worst) that if you are preparing a long rest with characters into the "void dresser", they will not follow you when you will leave the camp the day after ...
Notice also that they are not receiving the benefit of the long rest (no spell or health recovery).

Will give the information to Larian but REALLY HOPE it will be fixed within the next patch. I have no pleasure to restart hours of game just because of a function not working.

Link Copied to Clipboard