Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DM82 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Since I and many other Mac users paid handsomely for the game at the time, we at least expect to know the release date of the Mac version of the game. I understand that for marketing reasons you will have preferred to focus on the PS5 release (4 of which will play it, because we all know that it's not really a console game), and you always leave us Mac users last. We ask you to please at least tell us the date. I am personally extremely irritated and felt truly cheated by your behavior. Thank you and I hope for your response.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I am very disappointed with the behavior of the company. I paid a lot of money and was deceived the first time. And now deceived in the second. I will never buy another game from this scam studio again.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm frustrated too, but 1-2 months doesn't seem unreasonable. It would have been perfectly within Larian's rights to keep the game in EA for these two months, or even years more. Plus, there are plenty of options to play now (GEFORCENow, Crossover, separate PC, now PS5).

apprentice
apprentice
If they had just said “hey we’re having some issues, but we’re working to get the Mac version in order as soon as possible.” that would have been understandable. But to just let the PC and PS5 release dates pass by without even acknowledging one of the platforms that people have already paid for? Really bad.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have about 400 hours in EA. I own the Collector's Edition.

I love this game.

But, as a Mac user, I am very frustrated by the lack of communication from Larian.

We don't even know what the holdup is. Are there issues that break the game on Mac? Are they optimizing? Did they just put Mac development on the back burner while finishing up the PC version?

Also, I heard a recent comment from Swen--who I think is awesome, where he said something about being in his black hole stage since they are **done** with BG3. This probably upset me the most.

Spoiler, you are not done yet Larian!

All this being said, I know when the Mac version is released, I will forget my frustration and put in another 400 hours.

Love you Larian. Keep up the good work.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by DM82
(4 of which will play it, because we all know that it's not really a console game)

This was completely unnecessary but you're probably just stressed out you're still unable to play. One could argue that not a lot of people play games on MacOS and that's why many games aren't ported to Mac. Is there such thing as games that aren't for consoles?

S
stranger
stranger
S
For real! I tried to get in contact with Larian Support a week ago and I've not gotten anything back, it's just a tad frustrating.

A
stranger
stranger
A
It would be very easy to make the backlog public. I am not sure why companies don't do this.
Also managing expectations is not difficult either, I feel Larian just need some help in these areas.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
The amount of console players will absolutely dwarf the amount of mac players.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by saffronsghost1
The amount of console players will absolutely dwarf the amount of mac players.
Any data on that or just wild imagination?

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
S
apprentice
apprentice
S

J
stranger
stranger
J
I've used Macs for ages. The very thing that makes them secure is also the thing that takes longer to develop for. I'm thankful that you are taking the time to do it right. I have way more hours in pre-release time than sleep in the last two weeks and love playing different characters and scenarios in what I am treating as "sandbox" time. The game is so rich that even during the pre I can see I'm only scratching the surface. Looking forward to the massive rest of the possible storylines while having a blast right now.

Where I was I am not. Where I will be I am not. Where I am just changed.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard