Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#898409 15/09/23 05:47 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi guys, I really don't know if this belongs to this sub-forum, but here I go anyway.
You can aquire some permanent buffs as early as in Act 1 of the game. As I have just entered Act 3 I noticed that some of the permanent buffs have been erased or replaced by other permanent buffs.
I can't recall the instant where I have lost them as I have just noticed. Is this intended or a bug?

stranger
stranger
I have seen it where if you main character dies and is resurrected (not just knocked up/healed) that the gear buffs and permanent buffs were gone (until I removed my gear and put it back on, which refreshed the permanent buff too)

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Removing the gear didn't do the trick for me.
I really don't get if if this is intended. When you die you have to reload anyway from the last save, so what is the point in removing the permanent buffs?

veteran
veteran
What buffs are you referring to?

Z
addict
addict
Z
Gale's Blessing of Mystra from dispelling the death magic circle in Balthazar's secret library is supposed to be permanent but is lost upon respeccing him with Withers and when you move to Act 3. The problem with blessing of mystra is it gives advantage on concentration rolls but since you probably gave your caster war caster for that and advantage doesn't stack, you try to respec Gale out of War Caster for another feat but end up losing the permanent buff.

On my main character, however, I haven't lost any permanent buffs. I got Githzerai mind barrier, the Tharciate Vigor and Necromancy of Thay buff, the Shar mirror +2 stat buff, and the +2 str from the drow lady's potion for having Astarion bite her. Many saving throw buffs however are not working correctly. Got the Storm Tabernacle deity buff for donating 4k in items to Mielikki, and the saving throw buffs are not stacking properly. I am missing out on 2-3 extra saving throws on some.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by JandK
What buffs are you referring to?

Loviatars Love (?) and the Volos eye thing (detect invisibilit).
I think it got something to do with respeccing, but I'm not sure.

Link Copied to Clipboard