Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Redglyph
Don't bother posting that here; I doubt they have the time to read the forums.

Use the 'REPORT A BUG' on the launcher instead; it's much easier and that's the channel they're monitoring. I've sent a number of bugs and got some feedback, so they're transmitting those ones to the developers. And you can easily attach pictures and DxDiag files.

Just expect some delay because of the amount of bugs they have to wade through.

Yeah just submitted a bug report with screenshots. I'm in no rush though as long as their aware of it I'm happy.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Redglyph
Don't bother posting that here; I doubt they have the time to read the forums.

Use the 'REPORT A BUG' on the launcher instead; it's much easier and that's the channel they're monitoring. I've sent a number of bugs and got some feedback, so they're transmitting those ones to the developers. And you can easily attach pictures and DxDiag files.

Just expect some delay because of the amount of bugs they have to wade through.

Can't hurt to do both. ;-)

Any ETA on hotfix anywhere?

I had weird behaviours with the bonus actions since this patch was applied. Reloading the game at the same point solved it in one case, but it's worrying.

It looks like the turn-based logic is still flawed, and not only when using stealth.

R
stranger
stranger
R
My game is on PS5 so no mods. Since patch 3, i cant access lower city at all, on any save. All fixes tried and didnt work. This is the only game that crashes for me. All i have left is end game, and i cant play it at all. The game worked great for me before the patch. Im still amazed by this game. It's great. But id love to be able to finish the campaign i started.

Last edited by Rainsmajesty; 29/09/23 08:26 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Since Patch 3, some custom characters don't follow the party even when grouped. Also, connecting to Multiplayer has been quite finicky, with "Unable to perform NAT Punch 66" at random times. Sometimes, like today, it doesn't work at all (tried 7 times).

Hate to say it, but this patch seriously broke the game worse.

Two game-breaking bugs across all my playthroughs.

stranger
stranger
I'm really not sure if this has been already reported or not but, why does our main character, Tav or others who ARE NOT Shadowheart, keep receiving Shadowheart's Mysterious Artefact? Back in Early Access you CAN only receive it IF you manage to kill Shadowheart whilst still on the Naotiloid. Now, the first time you dismiss her from your party you get it permanently tied to your main character with no way of returning it to her. Making you needing to PERMANENTLY have Shadowheart in your party.

If this hasn't been reported yet, Why in the Nine Hells?

veteran
veteran
because Larian doesn't play test their code changes is why

its also why your gith starts the giff patrol fight without any gear now i.e, so moving items when you kick party members makes weard shit happens but at least they didn't have to look for the gear anymore

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
stranger
stranger
About the Companions' bags and key chains being transferred to your Main Character when dismissing them...

Somebody over at the Steam forums said that this issue DOES NOT affect characters of a Freshly started campaign, so I took the day off testing it AND it is in fact true!

If I should hazard a guess, I think we should treat Patch 3 like one of the Major Patches back in Early Access in that our current campaign is now FUBARed and we should just start anew.

As for other bugs/issues we're currently experiencing, like the Strange Ox murdering Dammon, I've no idea if a Fresh Campaign will also sort the issue or not.

And the Save File issue with traders... For now the "Look for a Trader that opens up the Barter menu instead of the Trade menu before you save" workaround will have to suffice for now.

Last edited by CahosRahneVeloza; 30/09/23 07:11 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by CahosRahneVeloza
If I should hazard a guess, I think we should treat Patch 3 like one of the Major Patches back in Early Access in that our current campaign is now FUBARed and we should just start anew.

As for other bugs/issues we're currently experiencing, like the Strange Ox murdering Dammon, I've no idea if a Fresh Campaign will also sort the issue or not.

I've run a new campaign since patch, did all Act1, cleared all Underdark, not a single glitch.
Went to the Monastary, everything still fine until......
Try to go to camp and crashes, every time.

C
C
"NPCs will no longer run away from anything but the
Durge
to improve interactivity and flow."

this is probably the best change patch 3 brought, I hated playing necromancer in patch 1,everyone scurrying away at the sight of 1 zombie,had to always dismiss them where there were civilians/any neutral NPC, same was with cambions and Mayrina husband and Thay zombie spell, now I see I am free to go wherever and none starts panicking

What was not fixed yet tho: Animate Dead , skeleton it's still not a ranged NPC as the tooltips says!

L
stranger
stranger
L
Any word on a hotfix? The game is broken.

S
Banned
Banned
S
Thanks for breaking the Gale romance, it's nice that you patched in homophobia for us

stranger
stranger
Can we get some communication about the long list of issues players are experiencing?

I'm so sorry to say, but Patch 3 feels like an overall failure. SO many features broken, new bugs, and unnecessary changes nobody wanted (you wasted time making goofy cosmetic changes instead of addressing problems and commonly requested features?) I cannot understand how Raphael's hair color was a patch priority when we should be getting expanded character creation options instead. Hello Act3 performance?

Not to say the Magic Mirror isn't welcome but it's disappointingly limited. Companions should have access to alterations, idc--they should. You can't even change your scales as a Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer. You have to respec at Withers instead... Like huh?

Regardless of complaints, much love and thank you for all your hard work.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm really not sure if this has been already reported or not but, why does our main character, Tav or others who ARE NOT Shadowheart, keep receiving Shadowheart's Mysterious Artefact? Back in Early Access you CAN only receive it IF you manage to kill Shadowheart whilst still on the Naotiloid. Now, the first time you dismiss her from your party you get it permanently tied to your main character with no way of returning it to her. Making you needing to PERMANENTLY have Shadowheart in your party.

I actually believe this is by design. Basically, the artifact has to be in someone's hand in the active party. If you send Shadowheart back to the camp, it switches to TAV.

stranger
stranger
It's NOT by design... NOT originally that is. You'd know had you played Early Access as back then the Artefact ALWAYS stayed with Shadowheart unless you managed to have her die on the Early Access version of the Nautiloid Ship. Back then, if you did manage to have her die the Artefact magically floats towards Tav a la "Pokemon I Choose You!" and will then be tied to Tav Permanently. Another proof it is not intended is how secretive Shadowheart is about the item and tells you off that it is none of your business. So yeah "Lore wise" it shouldn't be automagically given and bound to our MC if we're NOT Shadowheart and she doesn't die losing her bind to it.

Also by your logic, and how the item works "Lore wise", it SHOULD automagically return to Shadowheart once you put her back in your active party.

RFE - Addendum:

There is also a Long Rest Night Scene with Shadowheart you'll likely miss if you're playing a character like Tav and the Artefact has bound to you, where Shadowheart will be seen trying to open it and you'll notice that the thing is inscribed with Githyanki runes. So yeah it's definitely NOT supposed to be removed from Shadowheart.

Last edited by CahosRahneVeloza; 03/10/23 06:45 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Arthur Hansen

I actually believe this is by design. Basically, the artifact has to be in someone's hand in the active party. If you send Shadowheart back to the camp, it switches to TAV.

I also think this is intentional. There is no reason for Shadowheart to keep the artefact after TAV and the rest of the party know what it is, but there is plenty of reason for TAV to have it, being the main character and the character who is always in the party.

stranger
stranger
But that happens until AFTER you progress her story with the item, so until then having it BEFORE knowing what it truly is IS NOT CORRECT "Lore wise" and NON-CANON.

C
C
the only complaint I have so far in Patch3 is I romanced Shadowheart, and when the urge kicks in the game pretends Wyll is my romance. Later when I lick the animal carcass and get "aroused" , the game pretends Gale is my Romance... some things get fixed, while others get broken, not very consistent are we Larian?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard