Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#902366 24/09/23 12:08 AM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
After Patch 3 I have two Traveller's Chests in camp. When I "Send to Camp" the new one gets used. It also has the extras from the original, so I now have two pair of things. Everything's still in the old Chest but I wouldn't want to lose anything. I do have a number of mods installed so maybe Bags, Bags, Bags caused it. Anyone else see two Traveller's Chests?

Did you start a game with two players? Or did you create multiple characters?

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
No. Single player, single character. I have a Mac and I did start playing on Windows using Boot Camp until the Mac version was released. But the saves are the same format.

veteran
veteran
This is caused by the lack of either playerprofiles8.lsf or LevelCache folder in the %appdata% folder, which contain records of your character in the world. Not sure which one exactly, most likely the profile one, but these are not uploaded to the cloud. So if you reinstall Windows or in your case move to another system then these files do not transfer over.

The symptoms of this issue is that all of the world's records regarding your character become reset, so certain things that you did with your character and locations that you visited are now treated as if you never have before. It's also why you gained a 2nd chest which is now considered yours because your character is being treated as a different character, despite being exactly the same one. Same character, but blank state basically.

If you still have access to your Windows PC then copy-paste the entire Baldur's Gate 3 folder from the %appdata% location and then reload a save before you gained the 2nd chest.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks for this. I'll give that a try. Can't remember exactly, but I probably copied over the save games without anything else.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have two sets of deluxe items also, probably due to having deluxe ps5 and ea Mac versions

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I did what you suggested but still got two chests. I suspect it's because the cloud sync overwrites whet I had. I'll have to go over to the PC side and see whether it has two chests as well. Then maybe copy over but turn off WiFi so it won't sync back.

Do you know what else is not saved? I've seen the message about recreating your story from the save file when I've added mods, but I don't know what isn't saved. Other than the chest, do you know of anything else?

T
stranger
stranger
T
I have two chests. Prior to patch 3. Nothing duplicate though. It had me worried but so far no ill effects.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
TAP002, are you on more than one platform? I had EA on the Mac, then ran on Windows under Boot Camp when the game was released, and now I'm back on the Mac side. Max Lemesh said that he's on two platforms. Maybe that's what caused it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Just PC

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
This is caused by the lack of either playerprofiles8.lsf or LevelCache folder in the %appdata% folder, which contain records of your character in the world. Not sure which one exactly, most likely the profile one, but these are not uploaded to the cloud. So if you reinstall Windows or in your case move to another system then these files do not transfer over.

I just checked those files/folders on my own pc and they are both present but as of today I have THREE traveller's chests. One for each hotfix?
I've played on one pc, I reinstalled once between chest 2 and 3 for unrelated reasons, but the reinstall didn't change anything, in case anyone wonders.

Edit: it might be related to different camp sites! I remember camping at a cave camp and missing a chest there alltogether before resting, after rest a chest was there and after that I noticed an extra chest in camp. Today I rested at the Underdark camp for the first time and that's where the third chest appeared.

Last edited by Elocara; 27/09/23 08:49 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
My first reaction was "Do I hear four?" Seriously though, there's obviously a glitch of some sort. I understand what happenes when switching systems, although I'd like to know if there's anything else that isn't saved. I haven't seen anything, but then I'm just into Act 2.

stranger
stranger
This has happened to me every time my game crashes and I make a report to Larian (don't know if I get an extra chest if I don't make a report).
With the rate my game is crashing, my whole camp will be filled with chests. shadowheartgiggle

I don't know if this is intended, or a bug. But every chest is a different color, so maybe it IS intended.

Every time that my game crashes I have to go through game verification, which resets the game. So all my settings get messed up and I have to go through them all to fix them... EVERY TIME... I suppose the game sees this reset as a new user and it gives all the new items and chest each time. I am just guessing.

Has your game reset? If so, then this is the answer I suppose.

I hope that if Larian does fix this, that they don't take the extra chests away as I am using the chests, 1 for books, 1 for armor and weapons, another for special items, etc (I have 4 chests)... I would hate for Larian to delete those chests and all the items within.

I just think of it as a gift from Larian.

Last edited by Kandy Kane; 02/10/23 12:31 AM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Interesting that they're a different colour each time. I only got one extra chest, which is green instead of light brown, when I switched from the PC (via Boot Camp) to the Mac. I copied the entire Larian folder over and all the settings were kept. I don't use the old chest because I'm using Bags Bags Bags.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Kandy Kane
This has happened to me every time my game crashes and I make a report to Larian (don't know if I get an extra chest if I don't make a report).
With the rate my game is crashing, my whole camp will be filled with chests. shadowheartgiggle

I don't know if this is intended, or a bug. But every chest is a different color, so maybe it IS intended.

Every time that my game crashes I have to go through game verification, which resets the game. So all my settings get messed up and I have to go through them all to fix them... EVERY TIME... I suppose the game sees this reset as a new user and it gives all the new items and chest each time. I am just guessing.

Has your game reset? If so, then this is the answer I suppose.

I hope that if Larian does fix this, that they don't take the extra chests away as I am using the chests, 1 for books, 1 for armor and weapons, another for special items, etc (I have 4 chests)... I would hate for Larian to delete those chests and all the items within.

I just think of it as a gift from Larian.

Yeah, that is probably it, I might have had a crash as well before the new chests apeared. I never did the verify game files though, it just worked fine after a restart.

As it seems that anything you put in your camp wherever on the ground does stay in that particular camp, I've been decorating my wilderness camp with all kinds of loots and stuff and since there are many different looking chests in the game, I pick them up and put them in camp and put items in there. Of course I still have access to act 1 and I think I should remember to pick all the loose items I want to keep up before I close the door on that act!

S
stranger
stranger
S
bumping this thread up because this bug has essentially broken my game for me. the send to camp function automatically sends items to the new chest instead of the deault one i have spent hours meticulously sorting. I dont want to manage two of what is already a fairly difficult outdated inventory/chest/party managment system. I was almost done act 2 and am super sad that I must hang up the coat until Larian fixes this issue, was very much looking forward to progressing the story. but because i decided to file a crash report and then have steam verify integrity of the game, it broke my previous user profile and I cannot seem to rectify that by fiddling with the files at all. I am too scared that if I start using the duplicate chest and this issue gets fixed the duplicate and items inside of it will alll be gone, which means sending items to camp, running back to camp, and then mnanually moving them into the original chest. what a pita. frown larian please fix this fast. Im 100+ hours into my save and the thought of restarting makes me mucho sad.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Sounds like a good reason to turn off auto-updating. At least you can launch without updating and save everything safely, just in case the Traveller's Chest contents is lost. Alternatively, and a real pain. is to regularly transfer stuff from the Traveller's Chest to another chest or bag that won't/shouldn't disappear. As I mentioned in my initial post, I use Bags Bags Bags which gives me much more reasonable inventory management.

Link Copied to Clipboard