Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H4wK32 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
HI!

I have a suggestion of a new feature to be able to join conversations already started and respond instead of the first person who started the dialogue. That is, like in the tabletop role-playing game, in which anyone can join a conversation and take the direction of the conversation or contribute ideas. This way you would make the multiplayer cooperative game more immersive and dynamic. So, instead of waiting to see what the companion is talking about or deciding, you could even help him on a topic in which you are competent (see a mage bringing arcane knowledge to the conversation, initially started by a warrior).

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but I would really like it if you could do it. This is one of the few features that I missed from the beginning to be the most complete role-playing game I have ever played.

Great job for this game and take care!

PS: Sry for my rusty english, guys.

Last edited by H4wK32; 24/09/23 10:15 AM. Reason: Adding PS
veteran
veteran
This is a request that's been popping up everyonce in a while since EA started. Didnt' happen so far, so I doubt we will see such a fundamental rework of the conversation system.

H4wK32 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Oh, I had no idea, being a new player. It's a shame they haven't implemented it already, I think it's a really cool feature. Thanks for your comment!

enthusiast
enthusiast
personally i have written more than one post about this. Right now it feels like the characters are all alone just walking side by side. Sometimes copnversations are initiated automatically with the character closest to the trigger, no matter if it is your main or some onther group member.

My favorite would be a system that let's the whole party take part in every conversation (maybe not if one is too far away). That way even the initiation of conversations by a random character would not matter.

Something like this:

1. Tav saying something
2. Tav saying something else
3. [Astarion] Saying stuff
4. [Gale][Wizard] Giving a fitting response bases on his class.
5.[Lae'zel][Intimidation] Giving an intimidating speech...

Interesting enough, there are already some conversations in the game that work like this.

If the conversations would all work like this, it would feel more like an adventuring party traveling and trying to solve their problems together and not as if the characters not taking part in the conversation do not care one bitz about what is said. Apart from approving or dissaproving the choices made.

H4wK32 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I can not agree more with you. I would love to see them implement this option. We will see. Thanks for your comment!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yea. If you ask me it would make the feel of the game a lot better.

Link Copied to Clipboard