Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#909730 07/10/23 09:55 PM
Kr0w93 Offline OP
OP Offline
So I know I've seen this reported before and searched 8 different pages here for the old report, but I'm having the issue where a character won't follow after I've dismissed them to the wardrobe and brought them back.

Does anyone know any fixes for this at the moment?

J
stranger
stranger
J
in my case, it happens after finishing Elminster's first speech at the begining fo the act 2, and i try some compos of the team, and Astarion (in my case) didn't follow me.

Hope Staff check this issue as soon as posible cause my run needs the rogue...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Lösung: mit dem aktiven Charakter nah an den nicht folgenden Charakter gehen. Quadrat-Taste und auf "Gruppieren" klicken.
Geht auch umgekehrt, wenn du mal allein los willst.

Kr0w93 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Scholzoni
Lösung: mit dem aktiven Charakter nah an den nicht folgenden Charakter gehen. Quadrat-Taste und auf "Gruppieren" klicken.
It's not a matter of the characters not being grouped, because they are.

The one just stays completely stock still unless I move her myself.

stranger
stranger
Also with me: Astarion no longer follows. For example, if I try to push him, he is marked as "seized"... why could that be?

German:
Auch bei mir: Astarion folgt nicht mehr. Wennich z.B. versuche, ihn zu schubsen, wird er als "festgesetzt" gekennzeichnet...woran mag das liegen?

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Kr0w93
Originally Posted by Scholzoni
It's not a matter of the characters not being grouped, because they are.

The one just stays completely stock still unless I move her myself.

This has been happening to me since I played the game on launch day for the PS5, so immediately in Act 1.

Last edited by catclaw; 09/10/23 05:41 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Bump. Happened to Jaheira in Act 3. I believe it was triggered by stealth mechanics interrupted by a cutscene. Working save is so old now that I may just take all her good kit and leave her at camp. Tried many different suggested workarounds:

-Dismiss, long rest, re-add
-Dismissed entire party, long rest, re-add
-Fast Travel separately, re-group
-Unequipped eeverything, re-equipped with different gear just too see if there was an item involved
-Etc.

I've just read in other posts that there may be a way to workaround the issue with various combinations of ending all companions turns in turn-based mode, group stealth, etc. so I might try some of those later before I just give up on Jaheira.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Same issue here. I've played the last 50 hours having to lead with a low persusasion/deception druid that is terrible in interactions because she refuses to follow any other party members. Larian, please fix this.

Last edited by rtkane; 18/10/23 03:15 PM.
Kr0w93 Offline OP
OP Offline
Pleeeeease tell me the new update fixed this.

Straight up killed one of my favorite playthroughs for the time being.

Link Copied to Clipboard