Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I can't find two characters mentioned in Grimwulf's walkthrough.

1) Sigurd. No one in his house or nearby. I've killed the assassin in the cellar, so the quest appears in my log, but there's no one to report success to.

2) Ranaar Head Librarian. There are three regular librarians in the large room, but no one further in. I can see the Book of Twilight beyond a locked door, but can't find access.

Am I stuck? Or will completing other quests raise my ranking enough for the encounter with Kiya?

Loading a few earlier saves has not produced either of these characters.

Thanks for any advice.

journeyman
journeyman
If I remember correctly, you have to talk to the sub-librarians to trigger a quest to be allowed to see the head librarian, who will then be found in a currently locked room.

As for Sigurd, I imagine it's possible he's wedged in a corner or something but I suppose it's also possible he's temporarily missing. *shrugs* No answers, there, sorry.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You should have no problems almost catching up to Kiya.

I usually skip a quest or two - I don't do the book quest from that library because I normally align with the Ranaar and it doesn't seem right to steal their book to help out some servant of the demon - LOL I'm a paladin not a demon's supply clerk.

Reality is for those who cannot cope with fantasy. Fortunately, I can cope quite well.
G
addict
addict
G
You should have gotten a quest from one of the librarians (find out why the lava smells so bad). After solving that quest you will find the Head Librarian way to the East and North inside the library.

As for Sigurd, you should have gotten the quest from him first before killing the other Assassin. If you did have his quest first, then you should find him inside his house (you did mark the correct house on your map right?).

Sigurd can be hard to spot.

I had trouble finding him when I went back to report the kill. He was in a corner out of sight, but a another NPC (just labelled Human) was walking around in the house.

If you do get the quest from Sigurd he tells you that Groblar (?) lives next to him - which he doesn't, he's across town in another street. So you may be checking the wrong spot?? Not essential anyway. I skipped several quests, including the libary ones.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Thanks for the prompt responses.

I'm glad to know I can work around this difficulty.

I did have the smelly lava quest. One of the librarians keeps telling me to go on in, "the door's unlocked," or something like that. But there are no other NPC's besides the three librarians.

I did look for Sigurd while I was exploring that area, but then I found myself in the cellar fighting some guy before I realized what was happening.

Oh well.

I appreciate the help.

journeyman
journeyman
You should have gotten a quest from one of the librarians (find out why the lava smells so bad). After solving that quest you will find the Head Librarian way to the East and North inside the library.

As for Sigurd, you should have gotten the quest from him first before killing the other Assassin. If you did have his quest first, then you should find him inside his house (you did mark the correct house on your map right?).

I chose not to kill the other assassin after he told me Sigurd was an assassin too and also a liar. This left me with two open quests in my log and the second fellow disappeard from his cellar. This time around (second time in Act 3) I'm putting off making the decision.

What's the best way to do this? I usually don't like killing quests but in this case I ended up wanting to kill them both.

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
FWIW--I completed one more quest (Zandalor's amulet) and bingo, there was Kiya at the gate with her challenge. So it's easy enough to progress despite a few broken quests.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard