Page 1 of 2 1 2
#917554 22/10/23 07:09 AM
B
Bradype Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I dismissed a character to Withers' Wardrobe of Wayward Friends and added Shadowheart to the party in order to progress a quest.
When the quest was over, I removed Shadowheart from the party and restored the character from the wardrobe.
Since then, the character is not following the party anymore, unless I select him.

I am running the latest version of the game, I have no mods installed and the character is not un-grouped (and when I select him, other characters follow him).

This seems to be a very old bug (I found traces of it more than a year ago).

Would anybody know of a trick or workaround to fix the reluctant character? Reverting back to an old save is not an option because that would send the party too far in the past.

I already tried discarding the character again, fast travelling, moving to the next act but that did not work...

T
addict
addict
T
This is Happening Since 3.0 came out..
Most of the Times i Had to Controll all of then or split the Party in 2 to make this Bug less anoying to deal.
was the only way i find out to avoid this.. but will still happens sometimes when yu get the party with 4

Last edited by Thorvic; 22/10/23 11:03 AM.
F
addict
addict
F
Have you tried killing and raising them? That reset follow misbehaviours in EA, which sounds similar.

B
Bradype Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
That did not work: killed, revived with a scroll, and it's still not following :'(

But thanks for suggesting!

L
stranger
stranger
L
devs please focus on repairing this bug. It is game breaking

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have the issue as well. Started a couple of weeks ago or so. My wife plays splitscreen with me (I could make a splitscreen bug entry as well, but the non-following is worse) but when she doesn't, I often still use her Tav because she is The Master of Unlocking.

Anyway, it is probably my fault in a way as I was sneaking to do things I shouldn't - namely to see if I could somehow steal the Moonlight robe off of Isobel while she and Aylin were in my camp - and while sneaking fired an arrow of darkness which led to a cutscene with Aylin. From that point on Tav will be followed by everyone, but Tav will not follow anyone else as leader. I have to either keep her as the main character interacting with everything or I need to toss her in the wardrobe. Kind of frustrating. I have done all the usual things, grouping and ungrouping in different ways, fast traveling as a group with different leaders, fast traveling independently, killing and resurrecting her both ways. Nothing seems to work.

B
Bradype Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Patch #4 fixed it hehe

D
stranger
stranger
D
No, I first encountered this error with Patch 4 (PS5).
Shadowheart no longer follows me in all save games. Before installing the patch everything worked fine

J
stranger
stranger
J
I would like to add to this issue.

Post patch Shadowheart in particular just stopped following my group.

The rest of my group however will follow her.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I second that issue with Shadowheart post Patch 4.
She doesn't follow the others.
Her idle movement also seems off.
It's stiff with one arm bend and she doesn't move from it at any time.

Last edited by kewell1000; 03/11/23 05:03 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Hey, got the same problem since I installed the patch four, Before the party just was fine and shadow heart follow us as always but since I got the patch four implemented
Shadow art does not follow in any save game files unless I switch to to lead the party .

It is very annoying and it block me

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yes, I suspect there's a new problem with following in patch 4. I've never had issues before, but now Halsin keeps stopping following my party (as others have said about Shadowheart, the rest of the party will follow him). The issue is resolved if I save and reload, which is good, but does mean I can't submit a save game with the issue to Larian.

I'm trying to find a pattern, and thought it might be something to do with wildshape. But if there's a similar issuw with Shadowheart then possibly not.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by The Red Queen
Yes, I suspect there's a new problem with following in patch 4. I've never had issues before, but now Halsin keeps stopping following my party (as others have said about Shadowheart, the rest of the party will follow him). The issue is resolved if I save and reload, which is good, but does mean I can't submit a save game with the issue to Larian.

I'm trying to find a pattern, and thought it might be something to do with wildshape. But if there's a similar issuw with Shadowheart then possibly not.

no, I don't think the problem is the wild form. I have the exact same problem with Shadowheart, and she's a cleric

stranger
stranger
It's definitely not wild shape. If anything, wild shape somewhat resolves the issue at times. If I turn Halsin into a cat, he follows me again. But as soon as a fight starts and finishes, he stops following me.

I only have this issue with Halsin, all the others follow me just fine.

Pave my path with corpses, build my castle with bones.
journeyman
journeyman

Having the same issue with Halsin now, NO mods installed, post Patch 4. I've never had this issue before, and don't have an issue with Shart, just Halsin. We are currently in the Gauntlet of Shar and Halsin will not follow the party. Saving and then reloading the save will fix it temporarily, but then I have to do that again after each completed trial or combat encounter to get him to start following the party again, and that's getting both tedious and irritating. frown

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by SheWildWolf

Having the same issue with Halsin now, NO mods installed, post Patch 4. I've never had this issue before, and don't have an issue with Shart, just Halsin. We are currently in the Gauntlet of Shar and Halsin will not follow the party. Saving and then reloading the save will fix it temporarily, but then I have to do that again after each completed trial or combat encounter to get him to start following the party again, and that's getting both tedious and irritating. frown

I have both SH and Halsin in my party at the moment, and agree it’s only Halsin that I’ve had stop following. And that it’s tedious and irritating to have to keep reloading to get him to follow again!

I still haven’t identified a definitive pattern, have you? It always seems to happen after combat for me, but not every combat.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by SheWildWolf

I have both SH and Halsin in my party at the moment, and agree it’s only Halsin that I’ve had stop following. And that it’s tedious and irritating to have to keep reloading to get him to follow again!

I still haven’t identified a definitive pattern, have you? It always seems to happen after combat for me, but not every combat.

In Moonrise Tower now, and it *does* seem to be tied to Wildshape. During the first big battle at Moonrise on the first floor, he wildshapes into an owlbear and once combat is over he will no longer follow. After combat on the upper floor before going into the room to confront .. spoilery name here.. without wildshape during that short encounter, he follows with no issue. Will continue to experiment with wildshape/no wildshape to see if it is a consistent issue with the wildshape, or perhaps just that shape (owlbear).

Edit: After finishing fight on Moonrise rooftop, no wildshape for Halsin, he immediately follows after combat ends.

Last edited by SheWildWolf; 07/11/23 03:57 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Halsin is getting on my last nerves, breaks every few minutes, and a TON during combat, forcing me to have to go back and reload and reengage umpteen times.

I get it randomly - but I do seem to get it more often when doing Wildshape - specifically the Myrmidons. Isn't only this, but does seem more often.

Unable to get him working again once this happens and gotta roll back.

Tried to dismiss him to camp so I could re-add him... but do not do this... he goes invisible and is forever lost in the void

P
stranger
stranger
P
quick save then quick load fixed the not following for me

T
addict
addict
T
This is Happening Since 3.0
theres no way to actually Fix..
i advice to always split the Party in groups of two..
thats the Less anoying way to avoid this.
(this works for Fixing the Continue conversation with no options too..)

(just only bring the important companion with yu your Romance and F. Rest.. bring then only when needed in battle)
and by doing this yu will be able to see alll unique conversations the romance/characters yu like Have..
even in the places when dosent have nothing to say.
(becouse when yu bring all of then yu will Miss a Bunch of Cool and unique interactions with your favorite characters.)
becouse another step in the way. haha

Yu kinda Force the Game to show more of the one yu like by doing this.. Trust me its worth a lot.
i bet some of yu will remember this post next time are playing.. Give a Try yu will Thank me Later.
(i already no so much haha that i just Choose the best ones to play in scenematics nowadays.)

Last edited by Thorvic; 09/11/23 01:28 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard