Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello,

I'm aware that there are already a few talking about this here, but I post this in the hope that the more who speak up and report it that Larian will resolve this quickly.

BG3 is completely broken upon entering Act III since the release of patch 4. I'm on PS5 and have played close to 700 hours, and it is only since patch 4 that I have ever experienced this. My older play-throughs of different Tavs during ealier patches still perform perfectly fine.

Since patch 4, the entire environment in Act III is shut down — companions do not follow Tav, NPCs walk in place or completely vanish, unable to interact with anyone or anything, unable to select different companions, cannot save, and cannot reload. The lag will resolve for about 15 seconds every 10 minutes. This is a profound problem and extremely unfortunate that this happened. BG3 is an amazing game, an absolute work of art, and loved by so many; but it feels like we're still in beta testing here and it's incredibly frustrating, especially after investing 50+ hours to get to Act III. There's the expectation that problems as big as these will have been resolved before the launch of a full release. It is an expensive game that is currently unplayable. Please fix this asap Larian.

old hand
old hand
Many people seem to be having this issue on PS5. I’m playing on PC and it works okay. However, there are other things messed up like the kisses don’t work properly anymore. I so, so hope that they release another hotfix this week, that would be great.

R
RoX Offline
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Syraxfyre
Hello,

I'm aware that there are already a few talking about this here, but I post this in the hope that the more who speak up and report it that Larian will resolve this quickly.

BG3 is completely broken upon entering Act III since the release of patch 4. I'm on PS5 and have played close to 700 hours, and it is only since patch 4 that I have ever experienced this. My older play-throughs of different Tavs during ealier patches still perform perfectly fine.

Since patch 4, the entire environment in Act III is shut down — companions do not follow Tav, NPCs walk in place or completely vanish, unable to interact with anyone or anything, unable to select different companions, cannot save, and cannot reload. The lag will resolve for about 15 seconds every 10 minutes. This is a profound problem and extremely unfortunate that this happened. BG3 is an amazing game, an absolute work of art, and loved by so many; but it feels like we're still in beta testing here and it's incredibly frustrating, especially after investing 50+ hours to get to Act III. There's the expectation that problems as big as these will have been resolved before the launch of a full release. It is an expensive game that is currently unplayable. Please fix this asap Larian.

Same problems on PC for me.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I hope they fix it soon.... its been 4 days with these bugs

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I've noticed those issues as well, including silent audio during intimate scenes.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Same here. I just submitted a couple of bug reports. I can't even fight Cazador has my companions won't follow me into the final chamber and Cazador pops in as I get closer but doesn't monologue and I can't interact with him. Given the AI issues on following me, it feels like a memory leak.

L
stranger
stranger
L
We have 2 PS5s in our house and this has been our experience on both. Constant crashes, bugged out conversations, unresponsive UI and controls, inability to switch party members, companions refusing to follow, cutscenes skipping out, no audio, buildings and areas not loading and my favorite, rubber-banding like crazy when walking through the lower city.

Rivington wasn't too bad, but once I hit the first Wrym's Rock bridge, good god. It took multiple crashes, reloads and the better part of an hour to even get into the audience chamber. Sadly, this is now typical. You can easily spend more time trying to coax the game to work then actually playing it. The lack of real acknowledgment from Larian makes the issues that much more vexing.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Please fix act 3 on PS5 I cannot play it at all, it lets me walk around but when trying to interact it does nothing only to start the dialogue when I am already trying to do something else somewhere else ..

Load times are insane and just ruining it, I love this game so much and really want to complete a run before diving back in again!

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I've had those same issues on the PC, but only after Hotfix 10 was implemented. (I've heard that pre-Patch4 saves will still work correctly, but can't confirm). I play for a few minutes and the UI freezes. I can still roll over player tiles in the party list, and those players are highlighted in the main viewer, but the UI doesn't seem to respond to clicks, and the party stops following. After several *minutes*, all the commands I tried to enter via the HUD seem to execute as once, but the party still won't follow. Yes, and tons of rubber-banding.

I had Halsin in my party in Rivington, and ran into the Halsin not following bug, then switched to Wyll when I hit Wyrm's Rock, to find things 10 times worse. I hear back from support on the known Halsin issue, but not on the other bugs I submitted on the show-stopping problems now inherent at least in Act 3.

So I wander for 30 seconds... and it gets unplayable again.

(I have a lot of background in software testing and some in development, but none whatsoever of either in the gaming industry. My uneducated guess as to the severity of the problem is that saves created after Patch 4 on systems that also installed the subsequent Hotfix 10 seem like they might be permanently fubar-ed. It seems like the only fix might include players rolling back and losing days of progress, which no one wants to hear.)

"Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips, he was caught and imprisoned for tax evasion." -Yellowbeard.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Dangerferret
I've had those same issues on the PC, but only after Hotfix 10 was implemented. (I've heard that pre-Patch4 saves will still work correctly, but can't confirm). I play for a few minutes and the UI freezes. I can still roll over player tiles in the party list, and those players are highlighted in the main viewer, but the UI doesn't seem to respond to clicks, and the party stops following. After several *minutes*, all the commands I tried to enter via the HUD seem to execute as once, but the party still won't follow. Yes, and tons of rubber-banding.

I had Halsin in my party in Rivington, and ran into the Halsin not following bug, then switched to Wyll when I hit Wyrm's Rock, to find things 10 times worse. I hear back from support on the known Halsin issue, but not on the other bugs I submitted on the show-stopping problems now inherent at least in Act 3.

So I wander for 30 seconds... and it gets unplayable again.

(I have a lot of background in software testing and some in development, but none whatsoever of either in the gaming industry. My uneducated guess as to the severity of the problem is that saves created after Patch 4 on systems that also installed the subsequent Hotfix 10 seem like they might be permanently fubar-ed. It seems like the only fix might include players rolling back and losing days of progress, which no one wants to hear.)

+1. This expertly describes the problems I am experiencing as well.

K
stranger
stranger
K
for everyone having insane lag in act 3 where your party doesnt follow you, npcs walking in place, everything lagging for 2 mins+ rubber banding etc eytc

heres a fix for PC only

woked for me for several hours so far

Heres reddit link:

Fix for Act 3 delay bug (PC only)

Last edited by Kryptonic; 14/11/23 09:19 PM.
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Just adding to the pile of comment that Act III is unplayable currently on PS5, it's over the moment you enter Rivington.
Patiently waiting by creating new characters and trying different things in act 1&2.
Hopefully a fix is coming soon as they are improving performances for the Xbox release.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Same on Geforce now cloud gaming.. I tryed to turn down the graphics as well it doesn't work. Sadly I Gfn counts as pc but Gfn don't allow me or anyone any kind of tinkering.

I found that even after fsr 2. 2 steam deck plays way more worse then in EA. Bearly holding 25 fps mybe in small place its going up temporarily to 30.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 16/11/23 11:35 AM.
stranger
stranger
it's like playing a slide show it starts around shars gauntlet/moon tower and gets worse to the point it's unplayable as you enter wyrm's crossing
I didn't have these issues before on my first play through before this patch
on PS5 btw

Last edited by DOMaNA8; 16/11/23 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot to list the platform

on PS5
V
stranger
stranger
V
Same problem on PC
My 3rd run and for the First time having problems.
Come on guys,the game was running smooth and now is Just Sad, act iii companions do not follow, people walking without moving, its like the npc runs on a loop for 10-20secs. Actions delayed.
Hope they fix this soon

E
stranger
stranger
E
I just wish they'd at least acknowledge it. We all know it's being fixed, but having zero information and just radio silence is a lot more annoying than anything. I know they rolled back PC once before, there's zero reason not to do it for PS5. On PC you can fix it, console you're just completely shit out of luck and just have a 70$ paperweight you can't even use, which makes people even angrier.

U
stranger
stranger
U
I submitted a bug report and support did acknowledge it. Known issue, fixed in the next patch...but no ETA for the next patch. Given the holidays coming up....guessing it may be a while.
PC btw.

Last edited by unkoil; 17/11/23 02:14 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Not having lag issues, but Halsin refuses to follow, no matter what I do. This is very annoying for trying to do the very last part of Act 3. I play on PC with a controller.

I did have some problems with the game locking up while at
Raphael's house
. Like it forgot how to activate the next character after "end turn" was chosen.
Not that the game was freezing, but it would lock up as in it would not move on to the next player. The music still played, the NPC idle anims were working etc, but the last active character was frozen in place and there was no way to get anything to work. No radial menu, no targeting etc. The main menu would come up though.
Tried reloading the save, and also closing and restarting the game wholesale, but nope, still stuck. I had to go back to a previous save and lose a big chunk of combat that included a really good strike against an enemy. This happened in two different areas of the same location.
(once in the main house and once in the prison)

Last edited by Rzeka; 17/11/23 08:23 AM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
i purposely created an account just to post a reply. i'm having this same issue in act 3 and it's unplayable. never had this lag prior to patch 4. hope larian fixes this ASAP

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Syraxfyre
Hello,

I Am on PC as well i have the same problems, i have two separate play through's on hold now because it is so broken. I started a new run and ACT 1 works perfectly.

System specs
Ryzen 5600x
Mobo MSI Tmahawk B450 Max
Ram 16GB DDR4 3200
GPU RX 6700 XT Latest drivers
WD 500 NVMe Pci-e 3.0
Windows 11 all updates installed
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard