Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
V_Ben Offline OP
Ben_Larian
OP Offline
Ben_Larian
V
Hello everyone,

We’ve got a new hotfix for you today, addressing several bugs, visual issues and blockers.

Have you ever had a romance so intense, that everything melts away? Well, sometimes that isn’t intentional. We’ve fixed an issue where Gale’s romance scene was playing in what looked like some kind of black void. Consider the ambience restored.

We are aware of an issue with kissing animations for Astarion, and are currently working on a fix. We expect this to be released in a future update. Thank you for all your reports and messages, and thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3! If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team.

FIXES
  • You can now use soaps encountered in savegames before Patch 4.
  • Fixed the game sometimes freezing indefinitely after a reaction to a spell that hits you with multiple projectiles.
  • Fixed a crash after using a reaction that causes an attack against a dead creature.
  • Fixed an issue causing you to get stuck in certain dialogues unable to continue.
  • Fixed a blocker that could occur when trying to Long Rest.
  • Dominated followers will now follow the party as expected after loading a savegame.
  • Fixed Gale's romance scene playing in what looks like a black void.
  • Fixed a Dark Urge flashback accidentally teleporting you to the Lower City.
  • The Cursed Skulls in Jannath's Estate are now vulnerable to Force and Radiant damage.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented certain characters from executing their behaviours.
  • Fixed citizens and refugees in Baldur's Gate sometimes jittering about the place or not using their proper animations.
  • Fixed some visual artefacts appearing at camp in relation to Dark Urge and Karlach dialogues. This also solved the bloodstain under
    Alfira
    suddenly becoming larger after loading a savegame.
  • Wyll and Minthara should now properly kiss a second time without the need to retrigger the dialogue.
  • Fixed an issue where a companion's camp night dialogue could be replaced by a different dialogue that couldn't trigger during a previous night.

Z
addict
addict
Z
Wow and no fix towards laag stutter and multiplayer.
I think the forum and bug reports feedbacks are usless. There a ton of players reported this huge problems here from both pc and PS5 and from cloud gaming as well even Mortismal Gaming a huge respected YouTube channel pointed it out. This side should be shut down and redirect it to Twitter and Redit.

Everything what was reported there is fixed. And everything is reported here is ignored. I am so sorry but I feel frustrated.
I tryed to say this as polite I just could be.

But I buyed 3 copies for my daughter my wife and my self.
And I gifted 1 to my brother 1 to my cousin and 1 to my friends. As a birthday present.
And all of them have an issue with the game in its current state. And I cannot convince them to play with me. Just because act 3 is in such a bad state now. And there is no possibility to roll back to previous patches.

Thnx for this great patch note.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 17/11/23 02:57 PM.
M
M
Good, this seems to have fixed much of the act 3 lag. Thanks!

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
I may be confusing things, but aren't hotfixes fixes for chaff like romances etc., while patches are for fixing bigger things?

M
M
And all of them have an issue with the game in its current state. And I cannot convince them to play with me. Just because act 3 is in such a bad state now. And there is no possibility to roll back to previous patches.

For me (on PS5) the lag is much more managable after this hotfix. Just tried it.

Z
addict
addict
Z
I hope you are rigth because I feel my self like an idiot.
Regarding my BG3 purchases.
And still don't see any fix for split screen. Is it working on ps5??

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 17/11/23 03:04 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Yeeessss, just downloaded it and booted up the game! I hope I can get further in my Durge campaign now!

I appreciate the communication on the Astarion animations, thanks V_Ben!

Looking forward to the next patch!

Last edited by vx_phoenix_vx; 17/11/23 03:16 PM.

#JusticeForAstarion
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Buba68
I may be confusing things, but aren't hotfixes fixes for chaff like romances etc., while patches are for fixing bigger things?

Pretty much easy wins that don't require extensive testing, and are fairly self contained/specific. Low risk, high reward. It all comes down the complexity of the change/fix. Eg Adjusting a variable size, or adding proper error handling can be quick if it's localized to a scenario can probably be a hotfix. Whereas, with tuning, they have to make sure improving one thing doesn't make something else worse and likely more trial and error than a simple bug fix which is why a full patch cycle of development and testing makes more sense.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Holgrum - thanks!

Z
addict
addict
Z
Thank you very much at least at hotfix 10 I could play on Steam Deck alone.

This is after hotfix 11

Honestly I have enugh. I want my money back. This is a disgusting threatment. Why??? Agan noone tested this.
I just played before the patch.. Ppl sayed here that the game is fixed in act 3 . Now I don't have even the option to roll back.
I tryed to veryfied the game. No proton is makes the game work.
What options I have now.. Play Diablo 4...????

I have cupple of questions.:

How much time I need to wait until I can get a patch to play the game that I buyed???
Second is it possible to get back my money after month's I played the game just fine no graphic problem no issues I had just the difficulty . Then patch 4 came the game was unplayable in act 3 and split screen (actually it was broken after patch 3) just broke even more. Now I cannot even play on Steam Deck.
So is it possible to get a refund after 1160 hours?? I mean its clearly not my fault I liked the game til patch 4.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 17/11/23 06:10 PM.
stranger
stranger
the lag is better but it's not fixed on ps5

on PS5
journeyman
journeyman
The game will not launch on the steam deck after hotfix 11. I guess I don't get to play this weekend. It looks to me like testing needs to be done on all different platforms before these things are released. Patch 4 would not play on GeForce now and now hotfix 11 will not launch on the Steam Deck.

Shaolin Stoner
old hand
old hand
So there’s one thing you might want to try before you give up on playing for the weekend. I had an issue on my PC a couple of months ago where the game wouldn’t launch. It turned out that the problem was with the Larian launcher. But the good news is, you can actually skip this launcher and go straight from Steam to the game.

You can try going to the BG3 Steam page, then “settings,” then “properties,” scroll down to launch options, and then type a phrase in the launch options box to skip the Larian launcher. The phrase is:

—skip-launcher

(Two dashes, “skip,” one dash, “launcher”)

I hope this helps! It’s worth a try at least.

journeyman
journeyman
Thank you. I will give it a shot.

Shaolin Stoner
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Running through the Lower City like a boss on a PC. Thanks!
I hope this gets sorted for everyone else, too.

"Often forcing his victims to eat their own lips, he was caught and imprisoned for tax evasion." -Yellowbeard.
journeyman
journeyman
Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately it has not solved the problem. It looks like Larian has to fix the problem.

Shaolin Stoner
Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
So there’s one thing you might want to try before you give up on playing for the weekend. I had an issue on my PC a couple of months ago where the game wouldn’t launch. It turned out that the problem was with the Larian launcher. But the good news is, you can actually skip this launcher and go straight from Steam to the game.

You can try going to the BG3 Steam page, then “settings,” then “properties,” scroll down to launch options, and then type a phrase in the launch options box to skip the Larian launcher. The phrase is:

—skip-launcher

(Two dashes, “skip,” one dash, “launcher”)

I hope this helps! It’s worth a try at least.

The launcher is disabled for SteamDeck users.
With that the bug report as well.
I am just saying they did this on purpose.
And you can see this on the video there is no launcher the game just boots into the game w/o having the opted to choose directx or Vulcan.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 17/11/23 07:57 PM.
old hand
old hand
Aw, darn it.

journeyman
journeyman
After the reports here I had worried that it may be broken on Linux via Wine (bg3_dx11.exe), but no: works like before after updating via lgogdownloader.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard