Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Hey y'all, found a voting poll on the BG3 companions that are liked the least. Not all of them were listed unfortunately, although I think it has something to do with Reddit's limitations. So, what you guys think?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BG3/comments/17yegmn/your_least_liked_companion/?sort=new

veteran
veteran
The obvious answer is Halsin. I love him as a character, but I dislike him as a companion.

He's the only one on that list that ain't even a full companion at all, more like a tag-along... a camp decoration up until mid-ACT 2 that has nothing to say on the matters happening in camp grin

N
addict
addict
N
I don't like Halsin for different reasons. Poor Wyll though...

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
I would have voted Wyll before, but I changed my mind and voted Halsin. He's simply there for sex and being like: "city bad".

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
I swear, this forum gives me a headache sometimes. I just came back to find a load of duplicate messages I had to delete.

old hand
old hand
So at first glance I voted for Wyll. I would say it's because I don't find him funny or witty or engaging, but that's only part of it. Thing is, so much of his early party banter is relentlessly hitting on women who are just, like, not into it at all. It kinda grossed me out and turned me off on the character. Dude just. would. NOT. stop. hitting on my girl!! Even worse, she was his second choice after hitting on Lae'zel for, like, ever, with a frosty cold response from her. Gale is also annoying like this, but at least he's... got more of a sense of humor. (Stoplickingthedamnthing!)

So at first I thought WYLL for sure. But then I saw HALSIN. And I thought... THAT GUY. Get out of here lol. Wish I had voted for him instead. The full extent of my interactions with him are ignoring him except for quests. And then he inexplicably starts in, saying he's in love with me or whatever, and I'm like, "...Can't you see that I'm taken?? I don't CARE if my girl wants to have a threesome with you. I have BOUNDARIES."

So yeah I'm pretty much over Wyll and Halsin

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 19/11/23 05:14 PM.
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I'm going with the crowd on this so it's Halsin. He's just boring and I in general dislike tree huggers. Astarion would be my second choice as I can't stand his squeaky voice but he has an interesting story.

I'm surprised so many people dislike Wyll. He's sucha do-gooder it's comical but he has a very interesting story and he comes in a pack with Mizora and Mizora is my favorite character in the game.

veteran
veteran
I mean- is anyone surprised, Halsin is in the lead? He is just awful.

I'm sad, that Wyll gets so many votes too, I like him. Tbh, I like everyone, but Halsin. I can't say much about Minthara, but I'm sure, I will like her more than Halsin for sure.

Last edited by fylimar; 19/11/23 05:32 PM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
My answer currently is Shadowheart, not because I actually dislike her as a character, but because she's a writer's pet character whose story was used to trash one of my favorites from BG2.

addict
addict
Making Halsin a companion really did him a disservice.

I like Wyll when I don't have to talk to him. His biggest flaw however is bringing a devil pest into our camp.

Originally Posted by celestielf
My answer currently is Shadowheart, not because I actually dislike her as a character, but because she's a writer's pet character whose story was used to trash one of my favorites from BG2.

Shadowheart is my second favorite (shares the spot with lae'zel really) and i haven't played BG2, but I also dislike how the game insists on shoving her down my throat, and there's only so much Shar commentary I can handle.

Last edited by t1mekill3r; 19/11/23 05:45 PM.
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Ah yes, what they did with
Viconia
was such a shame indeed.

Last edited by Ehhhh123; 19/11/23 05:42 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Reddit only allowed 6 choices, unfortunately, and the actual Baldurs Gate 3 subreddit doesn't allow polls. Halsin is the most underdeveloped out of all the companions that have years of writing backing them. So obviously people will like him the least, there's not much there to like in comparison to the origin characters.

Doesn't help that his behavior offends some people, with the alluded beastiality and buggy forwardness that makes him look very strange. The game just kinda assumes you want to bang him.

As for His preference for more than one partner, it isn't Polyamory as advertised, it's just an optional open relationship. He even ditches you at the end, so it's more like an optional one-time affair with consent lol
Originally Posted by ChenTheGreat
Mizora is my favorite character in the game.
What exactly do you like about Mizora, be specific

Last edited by TheOracle; 19/11/23 06:02 PM.
B
B
I voted Gale.
I find him a pompous ass, a sex pest and constantly trying to educate me (erm who exactly is the idiot with a bomb in his chest here?), who throughout the entirety of the game doesn't actually learn from his mistakes and seems intent on doing it all again

Next up would be Wyll cos hes bland dull and another idiot
17 yr old trained for rulership, left in charge of a city, hears female voice in a presumably guarded room that says go alone to this hill, ermm just the threat of kidnap and ransom alone would mean he took guards - so, an idiot The whipped puppy thing if you turn him down infuriates me and he has to be hit over the head about how devils use their pact contracts.

didn't vote Halsin he doesn't much bother me, I have him in camp
as kidnap victim of choice
and he fulfills that role perfectly.

Last edited by Bethra; 19/11/23 06:30 PM.

# Justice for Astarion
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by TheOracle
Originally Posted by ChenTheGreat
Mizora is my favorite character in the game.
What exactly do you like about Mizora, be specific

The way she whips out Wyll's contract and starts citing sections and paragraphs like it's just another day at the office, she's exactly how I imagine a lawful evil demon patron. Would be great if a custom Warlock could get such interactions with his patron.

veteran
veteran
I usually play good playthroughs, so my least favorites are the ones who are evil or start out evil: Astarion, Lae’zel, and Shadowheart. I don’t like having them disapprove or make disparaging comments just for helping people out.

old hand
old hand
That's weird, Shadowheart gets a high level of approval for me really quickly when I play as a chaotic good sort of character. Approves when I am nice to the boar that Astarion is trying to kill, approves when I save a little girl from a snake, when I resolve situations peacefully, when I invite Scratch to camp (she likes animals, secretly)... She puts up an ENORMOUS front of being evil but when you look closer at what she approves of, she's really not. It's easy to raise her approval when you're playing as good. Astarion and Lae'zel I agree are a bit more mean-spirited.

I agree that I do appreciate having Halsin there to be
a kidnapping victim. I accidentally went into the sewers early and Orin kidnapped him, but I didn't mind and went about my business. If it had been Lae'zel, who I'm much fonder of, I would have had to make a beeline and it would have catapulted me into the end-game way too quickly. Thanks Halsin!

Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Halsin is definitely near the top for so is Lae’zel for me. The reason is the Gith are a story crasher for me. A Gith would not work with an Illithid, PERIOD and once she found out her Prince was being held ALL her work would be to freeing him. The story dances around this and kills a lot of the lore logic.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Halsin is beyond garbage. Love to see hatred for that sexpest waste of space.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Icelyn
I usually play good playthroughs, so my least favorites are the ones who are evil or start out evil: Astarion, Lae’zel, and Shadowheart. I don’t like having them disapprove or make disparaging comments just for helping people out.

Shadowheart actually approve of you helping out and acknowledges, if you solve something without violence.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
I can see this thread developing into a very negative conversation.

I am just going to say I like Wyll, and leave my personal hatred towards anyone else out of it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard