Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
old hand
old hand
WHAT. That’s so cool! You just went on there and tested it?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
WHAT. That’s so cool! You just went on there and tested it?

Hell yeah I did, immediately as soon as the patch dropped grin

Had a save right before the grove raid which I was saving for a special occasion, so went ahead and tested a few scenarios.

Covered them here; PSA - Recruiting Minthara On A Good Playthrough to avoid spoilers in this patch thread ^^

T
stranger
stranger
T
Updste: Mac users, we're still working on Patch 5 and hope to release it soon. We'll keep you posted on further news.
FYI this forum is not showing in google so information like the Mac version being delayed is practically unfindable. Is there any major reasons that sentence can't be put in the patch notes or community update themselves?

O
stranger
stranger
O
Larian had time to whip up a filter for map markers - but no time to fix the blank/black map issue? Shall I be disgusted or just disappointed? Eh, I can do both.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Draghmar
So no fix for MInthara breaking romance without any reason? frown
she still gets it into her head that you fucked Shadowheart after dealing with Viccy... at least in a good girl romance save i loaded

it could be this new scene is supposed to lock her into her romance as a workaround but you would have to play a fresh run to ensure you get that before her romance breaks and that kind of testing takes time/ effort

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
stranger
stranger
Hm...I don't get this epilogue description. I mean, what does "by loading the game prior to the final fight" actually mean? Which save exactly? In The Watch Citadel? Right before entering the boss fight? That doesn't make sense as you can't camp there. Or should I simply go through the final fight again to see this epilogue...

Also I don't like this phrase: For the writers of Larian, this “final goodbye”... because it suggests that Larian really don't plan to do any expansion, which would be really a huge bummer. frown

veteran
veteran
I just tried to have the epilogue and it didn't work.
Tried first to reload a save DURING the last combat which is obviously not supposed to work... Then I reload prior to the final combats when I was down the brain. Doesn't work neither.
I guess what they call the "final fight" is the entire Upper City... but it will take a bit more time to try this...

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
addict
addict
I managed to trigger it by loading a save AFTER the final battle (when talking to my romanced companion in private - the scene also has new animations I see).

L
stranger
stranger
L
I am really disappointed that new kisses weren't included. I was looking forward to that the most.

stranger
stranger
So how do you recruit Minthara for a "Good" playthrough now?

Step One...

Knock her out at the Goblin Camp...

Step two...

...then what?

And to think I really wanted to try out the Sheep~thara exploit/method once I get to Moonrise towers. And yes, I haven't finished Act 1 yet. Procrastination FTW!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by CahosRahneVeloza
So how do you recruit Minthara for a "Good" playthrough now?

Step One... Knock her out at the Goblin Camp...

Step two...then what?

And to think I really wanted to try out the Sheep~thara exploit/method once I get to Moonrise towers. And yes, I haven't finished Act 1 yet. Procrastination FTW!

You just have to commit crime in her vicinity and then knock her out while she's temporarily hostile. Then take care of the other two Gobo bosses and GG.

Info is available here, to avoid spoilers in the patch notes thread.

old hand
old hand
Fascinating, I wonder if Larian intended for that to happen (recruiting Minthara on a good playthrough). Because it does seem like the way you’re able to recruit her in act 2 has a very specific process that few people would think of. (I.e., making her temporarily hostile by stealing.) And if she’s standing in Halsin’s tent, and doesn’t have her own… it makes me wonder. Did they create a loophole that they are going to close later?

And also SAME to there not being new kiss or hug animations, I was really excited about those as well. And feeling disappointed about it. Still, got some really nice content added.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ametris
I managed to trigger it by loading a save AFTER the final battle (when talking to my romanced companion in private - the scene also has new animations I see).

I've never been able to... Just lost 2 hours to try everything but nothing ever happen... Just credits + whithers + main menu.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ecc2ca
Fascinating, I wonder if Larian intended for that to happen (recruiting Minthara on a good playthrough). Because it does seem like the way you’re able to recruit her in act 2 has a very specific process that few people would think of. (I.e., making her temporarily hostile by stealing.) And if she’s standing in Halsin’s tent, and doesn’t have her own… it makes me wonder. Did they create a loophole that they are going to close later?

And also SAME to there not being new kiss or hug animations, I was really excited about those as well. And feeling disappointed about it. Still, got some really nice content added.

Well until now Larian has been very insistent on not letting players have Minthara and usually patched any attempts to have her. So considering that this is specifically mentioned in the patch notes now shows that they're listening and it seems to be the very first raw step to seamlessly integrate her with all the companions. The reason why she is KIA by becoming fully hostile is pretty much a script thingy, but I'm sure they'll take care of that eventually too.

They've given her to us, they can't take her back now. I won't let them take her away! grin

Also in case you missed it they're still working on snuggling, for all companions;

• We are still actively working on improving kisses for all romanceable companions, so expect even more new animations featuring unique snogging methods for our characters. No romance partner has been forgotten! Some characters were just a little too eager to get out.

addict
addict
Added a profanity filter for custom map markers. You'll have to find more creative ways to label [redacted]
I’m delighted by this change, mostly because I have no idea what it refers to. How many profane markers does it take to require a filter? And players were independently coming up with the same horrid name for that one guy/thing/place? Hahahahahaha

It must be some visual! I can’t wait to meet Penis-Nose beside Diarrhea Falls! Hahahahaha

Hahahahahhhhh hhhh hhhh *cough* hahahahahaha

Seriously, this made my day.

Last edited by Flooter; 30/11/23 11:43 PM. Reason: Hahahahahahahahaha haaaaaaa

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
veteran
veteran
Best Patch Ever

M
M
Many of my old save files from different previous runs are no longer working. Crash on loading them. Is it just me or anyone else having the same problem?

G
stranger
stranger
G
I tried loading 10-12 previous random saves, they seems all working nicely.
And patch fixed all the issues i had before. smile
Great :)))))

Gatanera
veteran
veteran
Same here, saves working fine and dandy on my end.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by MalacPok
Many of my old save files from different previous runs are no longer working. Crash on loading them. Is it just me or anyone else having the same problem?
My friends who use mods on PC were having this problem until they updated Script Extender and ExtendedUI, now all their saves load like normal.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard