Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I have all the ingrediants but standing outside the forge area, when I drag the salt barrel over the coal barrel they both disappear. Both are gone, don't appear in either inventory or around my characters. What's going on??? I need to complete this to go to Act II.
thanks,
jjhester

Normally they should form a mixture of both.
Have you tried to drag coal over salt instead?
Cold also be a bug. Then latest patch would help...

In death ground, fight! -Sun Tzu
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't know what's going on (are you sure the mixed barrel didn't just switch to the other char -> with me my hero had it no matter who did the mixing).
However you do NOT need this quest to continue to act 2. You can also take the exit out of the living quarters (nr 33 on this map) - you just miss about 22.000 exp.

Last edited by Desdemona; 09/07/04 04:32 PM.

I used to be snow white, but I drifted... Check out my Beyond Divinity fansite
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Had little problem with this but you saved before you tried the mixtures yes?

I found that I had to dispose of the Smith first (then quick save) then move the coal over the salt (or was it the other way round) then add the sulfur - these -do- move between characters (DK and your Hero) so keep trying eventually you will end up with the explosive. Should you get confused you can always Ctrl-L (quick load) and try again.

I always let the imp go (poor might).

marts

veteran
veteran
As I had probs in earlier versions with my DK having important quest items when I combined: I had this stuff in my char's equipment. When I combined the coal/salt in my DK's inventory, it disappeared into my char's.

Correct sequence to mix =>

http://www.kiya1.de/beyond/act1screens/Act1explosivmix10.png

(Pic link)

N
stranger
stranger
N
Coincidentally I had exactly the same problem not 20 minutes ago. The problem is indeed solved by letting the hero do the mixing, rather than the DK.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard