Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It's absolutely annoying that the Owlbear Egg gets selected whenever you opt to rely on the auto-select Camp Supplies function whenever you do a Long Rest. So instead of relying on the mechanic, you end up double checking that it isn't aelected defeating the purpose of the auto select system.

And...

It's also annoying and kinda gross that the Owlbear Egg will be chosen as food when you DO NOT have any otther food on you when the Ownbear Cub shows up in camp and asks to be fed.

Some of us ACTUALLY want to hold onto the Owlbear Egg to trick Lady Esther with, but it is such a chore to hold onto when the game treats it as "just another food item" as opposed to being something more.

old hand
old hand
Agreed. There are a few items that should be protected better. The owlbear egg, definitely, and the ingredients needed for Omeluum’s quest.

veteran
veteran
+1

Was thinking just yesterday as I looted it for the 50th time how silly it is to have such an important item automatically shoved into the camp supply bag, when it allows the player to finish Esther's quest 'peacefully'.

Always gotta take it out and give it to Shadowheart for safekeeping, a totally unnecessary step.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by CahosRahneVeloza
It's absolutely annoying that the Owlbear Egg gets selected whenever you opt to rely on the auto-select Camp Supplies function whenever you do a Long Rest. So instead of relying on the mechanic, you end up double checking that it isn't aelected defeating the purpose of the auto select system.

I've honestly never had it be selected when using auto-select.

If it's that big a deal, you can always put it into your stash or on a companion you're not using in your party. Since Camp Supplies only accounts for what's in your active parties inventory.

Originally Posted by CahosRahneVeloza
It's also annoying and kinda gross that the Owlbear Egg will be chosen as food when you DO NOT have any otther food on you when the Ownbear Cub shows up in camp and asks to be fed.

Not that gross... Remember this is the same cub that started eating its mother 2 seconds after you killed her...

veteran
veteran
I put the Egg in a container (like that lockbox that comes in the camp chest or any bag) and then ditch that container in a companion's inventory, whoever isn't in the regular party rotation. Done that way it won't be available when auto-selecting supplies.

Owlbear omelet has been accidentally consumed multiple times, even with these precautions in place.

Would be more convenient if it didn't have the food tag, or if it only received that after some kind of dialogue tree with a double confirmation, like "Are you sure you want to eat the giant owlbear egg?" I bet a bunch of peeps have eaten it an not even realized.

Last edited by Black_Elk; 25/02/24 07:05 AM.
V
V
Yes, please! Even though I know all the precautions I simply forget and then it's gone when I reach Esther.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Great workaround tips guys smile

Another one I read over on Reddit was to just NOT grab the Owlbear Egg from the cave until the cub finally joins your camp. Problem with that though is, IF you forget about it after several hours in LOL!

Link Copied to Clipboard