Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#940820 25/03/24 08:21 PM
E
EMC_V Offline OP
OP Offline
E
When she proposes sex, I miss the opportunity to insult and humiliate her. I think that is unfair that while you can insult all the companions when they propose sex, you can't do that with Maryzora. Let's face it, just saying that you are not interested and "absolutely not", doesn't quite cut it. You should be able to tell her that she is delusional and pathetic. That she literally stinks (she smells of sulfur so this is also true) and that she is not nearly as attractive as she thinks.

I accept that we won't be allowed to make a case of her breaking the contract with Wyll because KArlach has an infernal engine as a heart and therefore not heartless. But at least we should be able to instead say:

* Actually I'm quite satisfied*
Add another option that says:
*You are pathetic and delusional. *

And when she offers again, instead of just saying absolutely not, add another option to say:

*[Laugh]. No. A sewer slime is more appealing than you. Go fuck one if you are so thirsty. No one wants you here.*

The way the conversation is written does not allow players to show actual disgust at her. And no, she is not tempting to everyone. Not everyone would think about what she offers. Not everyone is attracted to women and even people attracted to women might find her unappealing.

We are not allowed to kill her without killing Wyll (and is not a real death for Mizora). Let us at least insult her.

veteran
veteran
There is soooooo many other NPCs that would deserve so much worse than we can do to them ...
But at very least insults, or mocking would be ... acceptable.

Sadly, thats not how Larian plays. frown

It seems like we are locked in role of bullied one, no matter the state ... even if you are
child of God of Murder themselves,
all you can do is to stand there and breath it out, bcs writers KNEW those NPCs are in particular situations untouchable ... and for some reason, they decided to write as if those NPCs would know that too. -_-

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
I can sympathize; there were several conversations with multiple characters where I wished I could have given a little hard talk right back.

This is nerdy roleplaying on my part, but as for Mizora:
After killing Raphael, I brought his corpse back to camp and unceremoniously dropped it on the ground in front of her.

Obviously, this changed nothing in terms of the story. But in my head canon she got the message.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I also really, really want to insult Mizora in that scene. I agree that it is bizarre that you can insult the companions when they proposition you, but not your ally's enemy.

I don't need her to have voiced responses, maybe she could scoff in response or something. I would love to be able to mock her for thinking she was worth betraying Wyll OR Karlach OR a romanced character for, let alone all three. I would also love to be able to angrily gossip about her failed seduction attempt with those three afterwards, but that doesn't seem feasible without new voice acted lines. I want to be able to be mean, to point out that Zariel didn't think she was worth saving from the Absolute, that she's like a less powerful and less interesting version of Raphael, that sort of thing.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SteelTempest
I would also love to be able to angrily gossip about her failed seduction attempt with those three afterwards, but that doesn't seem feasible without new voice acted lines. I want to be able to be mean, to point out that Zariel didn't think she was worth saving from the Absolute, that she's like a less powerful and less interesting version of Raphael, that sort of thing.

I feel like this is an episode of Mean Girls on tv.

S
stranger
stranger
S
On Wednesdays, we dye our armour pink.

B
old hand
old hand
B
The game won't be complete unless we get to tell Mizora "u 2 phat!"

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SteelTempest
On Wednesdays, we dye our armour pink.

I admit that I laughed, this was funny.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Damn it, I dyed them pink on a Monday - the Popular Girls won't talk to me now ...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Buba68
Damn it, I dyed them pink on a Monday - the Popular Girls won't talk to me now ...

Dude, they were never gonna talk to you.

stranger
stranger
Hard concur. If we're stuck with Mizora in our camp, we need more ways to stand up for Wyll and just generally be not okay with one of our friends' abusers lounging on the divan. It's strange you can't react to her proposition with as much scorn as you can show the origins - hell, trying not to be mean to them is a challenge at times.

F
addict
addict
F
MC is often a complete milksop throughout the game. Tons of npcs throw shade and MC takes without complaint. How about giving MC an actual backbone next game, eh?

As for Mizora herself, man... Let's just say she's the female equivalent of young and handsome Gortash. Zero sex appeal.

E
EMC_V Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I think we are aware that some people find Mizora attractive and want to have sex with her. But the fact that you have not one but two lines basically saying:

Maryzora: Do you want to have sex?
Tav: 2 options to say yes, one with doubt and one for sure. Just one very, very polite rejection.
Maryzora: Long description that can be sum up as "But I'm Maryzora, everyone should desire me because of reasons!, just say yes, I would make it easy!"
Tav: Only allowed to say yes or "absolutely not".

Compare that with rejecting Halsin "If I wanted to rut with half a ton of dumb muscle, I'd seduce a deep rothe".

So why are we expected to be nice to someone that we don't want at camp? Why can't we spit on her when she says to wink? Why can't we tell her that, actually, even if we were unsatisfied, what she offers has the appeal of fucking a caustic slime?" or when she insist that "you'll regret it", to tell he that she is delusional and pathetic. That still leaves the option to have sex with her to the ones who want to take it. And would allow for the people who want to support Wyll or simply don't find her attractive to say so. Assuming that everyone MUST feel some attraction to her is denying player agency.

It is already bad that they force on you deals that don't make sense without letting you say "I don't have to make a new deal with you. Period". Ot that "an infernal heart is still a heart and doesn't change your nature". But instead, you are pushed to say a nursery rhyme? really? Sorry, but that doesn't make her clever, just dumb down our character by taking away options. A real infernal trial where you have to prove that in fact, Maryzora broke the deal would have been way more dramatic and rewarding to the player. Hell, they could have had the sex with Maryzora as a reward if you chose to enslave her as a result of her breach of contract.

I'm aware that changing that is not possible at this time, but insulting Maryzora should be easier and possible. As simple as some written lines more. And you can keep the exact same voiced answers by just adding one final line from Tav at the end "You are delusional and stupid, Maryzora".

Link Copied to Clipboard