Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Chezni Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
As has happened to others, the council of 7 map is gone to black. Well, this is kind of bad, since it screws up the next things I am supposed to do.

I looked at the savegame folder, and noticed there are 22 files there. In a previous savegame (one from 5 days ago) I had 32. I replaced the saves that were missing (as Tiberius had done, see "Map has gone back to black"). This fixed the council but some other areas are set back, and I don't want to play the game in some indeterminate wierd state, I mean, I don't feel like waiting for something bad to happen.

I've had some troubles with this game lately...I've had MUCH worse problems with other games, though.

Fallout II corrupts much worse than divine divinity, it corrupts an area far before you get there. It is a long game, and can corrupt an area that will take you tens of hours to get to, and you will lose A LOT of time when you restore a backup and hope that it is far back enough.

The copy protection on Disciples II was so bad that I ended up shelfing it untill I got a new cd-rom drive 6 months later. I tried SO HARD to get that game to work. The tech support didn't even read my emails at first, they just gave me solutions to problems that I didn't have...other problems that people had been having with the game. For some reason that one bothered me the most. I guess it is because of the fact that the "security" is the thing that screwed me, and I was just trying to play a game that I paid for.

Ultima IX was real bad. It had every kind of problem you can think of.

And twice my CD-rom drive didn't lower the cylinder before ejecting the cd, so the game was destroyed. That was pretty bad! I lost wizardry8 and dungeon siege to that one.

Tech support for this game has done a good job, everyone at the board is helpfull too.

I guess I'll take a rest from the game for a while. I'll check the board once in a while and I'm sure you'll all fix this soon anyway, goodluck.

Then I'll restore a savegame before it happened, and it'll be cool.

--Chezni

apprentice
apprentice
A bunch of people have been having the same problems, sit tight and there should be a fix out sometime soon (I hope!)

VT-100 -- Behold the power of ASCII

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard