Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
i'm playing on my xbox 360 :
- Mass effect
- Forza Motorsport 2

on PC :
- star wars republic commando

and that's it since my 'PC' is a more than 3 year old laptop I can't play recent games on it

Viper
veteran
veteran
There have always been plenty of games only available for one platform or another. I suspect what is changing really is that a lot more console games are now looking desirable to the PC player than ever before, while the increased complications of cross-platform builds have made ports less likely.

PCs still have utter dominance in terms of RTS games, but in most other areas that's no longer true.

There's also the piracy angle - or rather the perception of the piracy angle. Rightly or wrongly, a lot of games companies think most of their sales will be lost to piracy, which makes the PC format less attractive.

Please click the banner...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Here in Indonesia, most CD sales are pirated! I mean, according to official statistics the percentage of sales is 80 something % pirated, 10-20 % original: I think it's more like 93% pirated, 7% original! grin So here, PC games are a big hit, so are playstation games. But as for 360 and PS3, they are relatively new to Indonesia, putting them out of the price range of the average person, and based on what I've observed with other electronics they will probably be affordable in about 1-2 years... sad but never mind, I'm content with just a PC. wink

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
old hand
old hand
haven't had a chance to play anything lately, I've been trying to catch up with my studies and when im not with my studies im being pulled every which way with my friends and when im not with them i have to finish reading this novel i borrowed from a another friend which he wants back soon. Then i have to work too wink

but when i blow all that off sometimes to unstress and slack
i would make time or abuse it and play

Battlefield 2142 (large scale 64 person futuristic team based warfare)
Europa Barbarorum v1.1 (total conversion mod project for rome total war)
and im still stuck in that dumb wow game yeah i know, just have rl friends that are in it too and we hang out together on there as well.

which brings me to warhammer online age of reckoning
should be coming out this fall, another mmorpg (innovative pvp mmorpg with pve helping your realms campaign pvp)

Warhammer website

This is SpArTa!! oh im sorry, I must have took a wrong turn..somewhere...(runs away)
veteran
veteran
Virgo!!! Long time no see! What's up?

Lews

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Back on track now - I'm currently playing

Assassins Creed (PC)

Such a pretty pretty game...

I can see were the repitition can be a problem. With such a great looking open world you wish you could interact more with everything around you. Instead you spend time doing the same tasks each time, so that you can get to your assassination. PC version benefits from 4 extra mission types in order to address that variety problem - I think it helps at lot, plus they more interesting to do than the default ones from the consoles.

I love the story so far, and many said before that it's the story that drives you through this game.

Of course having it looking so nice helps as well - Playing with maxed out everything, including max anti-alias, and at 1440 x 900 res.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm still playing div it's such a good game, I can easily see why some people would want to play it 20 times over! wink BTW, has anyone here ever played Mordor?

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
stranger
stranger
Wow, i see a lot of people are playing or played games I really enjoyed playing, WoW, Assasins Creed, S.M.A.C.

PC, Divine Divinty I bought last sunday so im here as super noob hello everyone
I wish I could load up S.M.A.C. I have the disk and miss playin it, I can't do it on XP???
I still play Command and Conquer I love RTS's AOE3, love it.
On WoW I have a 70 War, Priest, and Hunter, I know I have no life but I swear this is my last month I all ready cancelled...LOL

BUT
Most nights i'm on XBox360 as "CaptEncante" running around with a bunch of fools playing

COD4 up to Prestige 4x
Just found Shadow Run for $15
Loved Mass Effect, great game.
Have maybe a day or two left before i can finish up Bioshock, Great game, weird weird FPS.
O, and I Down Loaded Bomberman for my son and daughter, they love it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tito
I wish I could load up S.M.A.C. I have the disk and miss playin it, I can't do it on XP???

I think I can help with that. As found on another forums, there's an official patch for running Alpha Centauri (with or without the expansion, Alien Crossfire) on Windows 2000 or XP. It can be found at Firaxis Game's downloads page. Also located there are the ordinary bug fix/balancing patches.

If the game gives you an error upon launching it that your CPU is not supported, try opening the Alpha Centauri.ini file in your Alpha Centauri directory with a standard text editing program. Change the line saying "ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0" to "ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1", save the file, and try running Alpha Centauri again. It may still tell you your CPU isn't supported, but if you click OK it should load the game properly.

Hope this helps.

stranger
stranger
Wow, I have to try, one quick question, do the patches before installing Crossfire or after, and try that TEXT fix you mentioned b4 or after installing Crossfire? Do you know or have an order of events by chance? Your time and info is greatly appreciated... thanks man.

Last edited by Tito; 23/04/08 09:08 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I believe the order I used was:

• Install Classic S.M.A.C.
  • Install the expansion.
  • Patch the expansion up to 2.0
  • Add in the XP fix
  • Attempted to start the game, was told my CPU wasn't supported.
  • Editted the .ini file

Since it was months, maybe even over a year since I last installed S.M.A.X. I'm not entirely sure if this is the order I went through, but if it's not the precise order it's at least quite close. (And I still have my copy installed currently.)

Bear in mind, if you install the expansion and patch it to 2.0, you do NOT need the 4.0 patch to the classic version.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
WoW expansion >_>; but barly now days.

stranger
stranger
Fable 2 And Mount and Blade

They say because I'm a gamer i don't have a life....Well, RIGHT DOWN LEFT LEFT RIGHT UP! Now I have thirty.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Fallout 3, Morrowind (+ expansions), Mass Effect and The Witcher. Not to much time to play though due to studies. About 1 hour a week is much. smile

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!
journeyman
journeyman
I think i'm geting old... not much of the recent games attract me all that much!

World of warcraft -> Was playing 1 hour a day -> Stoped now, no interest in new content.
Prototype -> Interesting game but boring after a couple hours.
Divine Divinity -> Still playing!
Baldurs Gate -> Starting from 1st with a new class combo.

Not many of new games realy hook me up to the screen, wich is a shame. Hoping on Divinity 2, Diablo 3 and Dragon Age mostly... If i dont like them, i go and start fishing in the evenings by the lake :P

veteran
veteran
I think i am with you on the "getting old" part smile

Its SAD when life becomes all about getting up early so you can get to work before traffic gets too bad frown

And just to make a point... i decided to install DD again now.... killing monsters may just be more therapeutic than anticipated. (I REALLY need to kill something - specially after work)

For the last 6 months... the only playing i got to do was in the exam halls... (i wrote 9 exams in the last 6 months - and have 3 to go in the next 2 months)

I miss everyone here.... so decided its time to start playing the good old games again (Just like you i have no fancy for the new games on the shelves currently - waiting patiently for D2 ED)

Off to monster slashing i go laugh

Your existence alone, is excuse enough for the creation of the entire universe… Il you my darling Jeanne-Dré 
For me it's the Battle for Middle Earth 2 these days. I love buying old games and then play them until there's nothing left I didn't know/see/do in it. I'm thinking of buying the Rise of the Witch King expansion for it soon.

E pensando di lei
Mi sopragiunse uno soave sonno
Ego dominus tuus
Vide cor tuum
A
veteran
veteran
A
Empire At War. Complex, frustrating in the beginning, but the learning curve is thankfully not too steep ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Need For Speed Undercover, don't know why I play it though. The game's way to bright, some types of races make completly no sense and the tuning consits of 6 sliders which you can set for top speed/acceleration. The game's good for some arcade racing, but I liked Pro Street more, even though in Pro Street you have no free driving.

I played some Age Of Conan the last six or so weeks.

But now it's geting boring so I canceled my subscription. Now I'm waiting for Divinity II.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard