Next Thread
Print Thread
#352406 17/05/08 12:33 PM
Tottel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,
I just signed up for this forum, since the screen of the new game looks amazing..and I really loved playing Divine Divinity.
Which leads me to my first questions.. Will the music in the new game be similar to the music in DD?
I hope so, because it was beautiful!
Second: Will there be health regeneration? I remember that it wasn't in DD.. which made it quite hard.. since you always had to sleep, eat or drink potions..

Most important question: Is there, or will there be, some sort of beta of this game, so we that we can sign up and test?

Developers, I wish you lots of good luck on creating this game,

Tottel (from belgium as well ^^)

The best games are made in Belgium smile
Support
Support

I don't know if the music will be similar, but the same composer for DD and BD (Kirill Pokrovsky) will be doing the music for the next gen game.

DD had health regeneration with the Survivor's Instinct passive skill, and BD had health and mana regeneration (with the rate determined by your stats). Unless DD2's combat, skill, stat and potion systems are changed dramatically, there is at least a fair chance that some form of health and/or mana regeneration will be available.

Near the end of development for BD, forum members who could make it to Larian's office could arrange a time to show up and playtest the game (for a few hours, IIRC). They may or may not do something similar (or completely different) for DD2.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Tottel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for welcoming me to the forum smile

So .. with 'forum members who could make their way to the studios', do you really mean.. physically meet the developers in order to participate in the beta-testing?

Support
Support

The playtesting was done at Larian's offices, on their computers.
Given the relatively limited time available to play compared to the length of the game, I don't think it really qualified as a beta test. They were probably more interested in feedback on the interface and play style, or wanted to do something special for DD fans, even if security or other concerns limited it to those within reasonable traveling distance.

Tottel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Omg,luckely I live in Belgium.. Even better.. half an hour with the train, and I'm at their office laugh I will definately have to go there! thank you for letting me know!

Last edited by Tottel; 17/05/08 09:36 PM.

I really hope they will do that again.
2 hours on the train for me but I would love to go there and give it a shot...

There is no spoon !
apprentice
apprentice
An hour and a half for me. Twice. Each day!

But at least I get to 'play' it (*ahem*) every day grin

"The Large Print giveth, and the Small Print taketh away" - Tom Waits
I wish I was that lucky, are you hiring students during the summermonths by any chance wink ?

There is no spoon !
apprentice
apprentice
To be honest, I don't know. I don't handle the resource management around here. wink

But you can always send your resume, a cover letter, and some example art/code/story you've created. See the Larian jobs page for more info. However, this page is for fulltime job applicants, so I don't know what the requirements are for interns. Lynn might tell you more, when she reads this thread.

Oh, and by the way, luck has nothing to do with it. Self-confidence, perseverance, and passion are the key-words here. wink

"The Large Print giveth, and the Small Print taketh away" - Tom Waits
Well if I got a position at Larian I would consider myself lucky. Even if i got it with my Self-confidence, persevarence and passion. wink But I know what you mean.

Too bad I'm not skilled enough (Yet wink ) to really be of any assistance, other than too much imagination I have little to offer.

There is no spoon !
Tottel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Same here lepel :), I'm doing some 3D modelling in my free time, but I can't really make much yet..
can't they use some people from the fan community? I wouldn't mind making (free) models.. if I fail to make it.. it didn't cost you guys a thing.
I'm trying to learn as much, and as fast possible, since I don't know if I'm good enough to become a modeller-student. This means that I don't expect to be paid smile not even if I make models that you guys want to use..

and last question, can I become a beta-tester in the summer holidays? :), I'm having quite a lot of work for school now, but then I will be free + my home is only half an hour away from your studios ^^

Last edited by Tottel; 19/05/08 07:56 PM.

veteran
veteran
Unfortunately we don't have the time and resources to give a training. When you practise enough and you really have the passion in you, you'll manage. Motivation and the will to learn are more vital for a successful career in the games industry.

But we are going offtopic

Of course you can go on with your questions/suggestions wink

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard