Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hi, this is my first post...(sorry for the english)
First I want to congratulate with the staff for the awesome job done (and that they are working on ;))
I saw today the screens and they are fantastic: awesome graphic and style grin
and the video is very suggestive, very beautiful cool2
Unfortunately I can't test the game...it' s so far from my house...:patience, I will wait rolleyes

Now if possible I' d like to do some questions to the developers:
1)Will the game be translated in Italian? (Divine Divinity was translated in Italy by the ITP [Italian Translation Project]), so I'd like to know if it will be an official translation.
2)I would to know if I can restart D2-E.D exporting skills, spells, stats from my PC (Player Character)...like diablo II, or I must restart it only with a new one...
Thx guys and good lucky for the job!

Last edited by juanpablo87; 10/08/08 02:38 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Nobody can answer my questions please?... frown

Last edited by juanpablo87; 10/08/08 12:20 PM.
You've only posted your question yesterday. Not everyone checks the forum daily and I think the Larians don't work at weekends. So give it some time smile

E pensando di lei
Mi sopragiunse uno soave sonno
Ego dominus tuus
Vide cor tuum
U
veteran
veteran
U
And don't worry about your English, it's good enough for us to understand it. smile

...one thing though, it's staff and not stuff. wink

Übereil

Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.

Ambrose Bierce
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Ubereil
And don't worry about your English, it's good enough for us to understand it. smile

...one thing though, it's staff and not stuff. wink

Übereil

biggrin
thx...

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
I'm neither entirely sure what the answers are to the questions you have, nor if it is information that can be revealed yet, but I'll ask around later.

Thanks for the compliments and welcome to the forum! wave

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Macbeth
I'm neither entirely sure what the answers are to the questions you have, nor if it is information that can be revealed yet, but I'll ask around later.

Thanks for the compliments and welcome to the forum! wave

As we say in Italy:
"Grazie mille!" grin

A
veteran
veteran
A
Actually I must say that I didn't understand the second question at all ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer

He asked if once you finished you can restart D2:ED with the same character you were playing with, but with an increased level of difficulty.

It's one of these days...
Support
Support

In Diablo II you could start a new game while keeping the same character. People did this to repeatedly to go kill some boss monster that could drop good loot, or simply to restart the game at a higher difficulty level after finishing (IIRC in order to play on hardcore, you had to finish the game on normal). If you started having problems in the game you could start a new game, teleport to whatever the latest town that character had access to, and re-do that part of the game to level and possibly find better equipment.

I don't think this is very practical with a real RPG, though. In an action RPG combat and skills are not connected to the story (except maybe superficially, as quest rewards, etc). If your character develops skills or unlocks abilities as an integrated part of the plot, it may or may not make sense to allow those skills earlier. I guess it depends on how Larian designed the skill / level / etc systems, and if they took that possibility into account when designing the game.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Draghermosran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer

He asked if once you finished you can restart D2:ED with the same character you were playing with, but with an increased level of difficulty.

Okay, I understand it now.

I had thought he meant he wanted to play with the Divinity 2 character in Blizzards D2 ... ouch

But me, I don't like that. But that's my personal preference.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
To your first question, there's been no decisions about localization yet, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question.

To the second question, we're fooling around with the idea of multiple difficulty levels but haven't made a decision on those either.

Afraid I couldn't help you a lot here.

Lar

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Lar_q
To your first question, there's been no decisions about localization yet, so I'm afraid I can't answer your question.

To the second question, we're fooling around with the idea of multiple difficulty levels but haven't made a decision on those either.

Afraid I couldn't help you a lot here.

Lar

thank you very much wink

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard