Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#354737 10/08/08 11:31 PM
Wyrdra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi everyone! I'm new around here, and I'm a huge fan of the Divinity series. I can't wait for Divinity 2! It's the rpg I've always been waiting for. smile Anyhow, I was just wondering about the Oblivion engine you're using for Divinity 2. I love Oblivion on my Xbox 360, but sadly the screen is stretched vertically on my 19" LCD.(i'm using a vga adapter) I have the game for PC, but my PC kinda sucks and I have to use Oldblivion.

I'm just trying ask that if the Divinity 2 Xbox version will be compatible with my Microsoft 360 VGA adapter. I'd love to have a reply, because if it does work, I'ma buying it the first day it comes out! laugh

Thanks a ton! thankyou

I can get behind THAT
Wyrdra #354741 11/08/08 12:48 AM
Support
Support

I don't have an Xbox or LCD monitor, but that sounds like a problem with supported resolutions. Can you change resolutions in the game, or from the dashboard? You've probably already tried that, but it can't hurt to ask.

Xbox 360 On PC Monitor Action - "Our guide to using an LCD monitor as your Xbox 360 display."

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #354742 11/08/08 01:27 AM
Wyrdra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ya, I've looked everywhere for a fix and tried every option, but it just depends on the developer of the game. Gears of War had the same problem, but they released a patch on Xbox Live that fixes it. I'm sure Larian wont have the same problem as Bethesda with Oblivion. Thankfully that game can actually run on my PC, with some work.(when Bethesda releases a game, there a chance it's not going to be well optimized wink )

Thanks for the Reply! up

Last edited by Wyrdra; 11/08/08 01:28 AM.

I can get behind THAT
Wyrdra #354762 11/08/08 09:31 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi Wyrdra and welcome to the forum.

Issues like this will be checked and fixed at a later stage. Thanks for posting though, we will keep an eye on it.

Last edited by Larian_QA; 11/08/08 09:32 AM.
Larian_QA #354782 11/08/08 05:11 PM
Wyrdra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks a ton! That gives me a lot of hope for this amazing game. delight

I can get behind THAT
Wyrdra #354879 13/08/08 10:55 AM
stranger
stranger
I have oblivion both on PC and Xbox 360.. the game looks awful on the xbox :S

The best games are made in Belgium smile
Tottel #354886 13/08/08 04:50 PM
Wyrdra Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The game runs terrible too. The best can I get inside a house is about 30fps on my xbox.

I can get behind THAT
Tottel #354983 15/08/08 08:52 AM
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Tottel
I have oblivion both on PC and Xbox 360.. the game looks awful on the xbox :S

I have both PC and 360 Oblivion, and looks amazing in both versions, are you even serious about it ?

They look and play 99% similar, unless you heavily mod Oblivion on PC that is

Also if a game is made right for 360, and not be a port, could look like Fable 2, that is generations ahead of Oblivion in visuals

labwarrior #355272 20/08/08 09:23 PM
old hand
old hand
Since this game is on an xbox, does that mean the PC version will be able to utilize a controller? It be nice to play without point and click. Though not as interactive as DD was with moving stuff.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

From another topic:

Originally Posted by Lar_q
*Currently* the PC version supports both PC & Xbox360 interfaces (they are quite different from each other). We still need to figure out if we'll support games for windows and if we do, that means we'll need to ship with controller support (as it's one of the requirements). The press demonstration happened with a 360 controller because we were just in the process of implementing the PC interface. The presentation at Leipzig will be using the PC interface.

Sektor followed up that post with a wikipedia link about the 'games for windows' program.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard