Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#355104 17/08/08 10:20 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've been replaying divdiv for a while now on my laptop. But since I'm at home now, I want to play it on my desktop (partially because the game crashes when connecting a second monitor).

No biggy, just install the game and copy the savefiles. Great idea, accept my savefolder can't be found. It's not in the run-directory in the divdiv folder, not in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games or C:\Users\[username]\Documents\[game] ... Even searching my comp using the titel of a saved game gives no answer.

Anyone can tell my where my savefolder went? I'm on vista and latest patch installed btw.

Ps. The game still recognizes my saves, so they have to be somewhere. smile

Last edited by HeLLBirD; 17/08/08 10:23 PM.
HeLLBirD #355105 17/08/08 10:31 PM
addict
addict
You might search for any files with the .000 extension. The folders for the Larian games were the only ones that contained files of this type on my computer. I have no guesses as to where they might be if they're not in run/savegames or your 'my documents' folder though.

flixerflax #355110 17/08/08 10:49 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
No *.000 files found. Well, one ... but it has nothing to do with divdiv. It's a mystery.

HeLLBirD #355112 17/08/08 11:15 PM
Support
Support

When searching for a file (ie data.000) or folder name, I believe you have to go into Vista's advanced search options, and tell it to search within hidden and system folders. To browse for the folder, you also need to go into Explorer's options and tell it to show hidden and system files/folders.

If Vista remapped the savegame folder location, it should be:

C:\Users\<account name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Divine Divinity\Run\savegames

Raze #355113 17/08/08 11:27 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
That's it!
I activated hidden files a while back, since that seemed to be the only answer. But I always forgot to check the box when I searched for it, that's why it didn't show up, like you said. Sometimes the solutions are that easy...

Well, that's another mystery solved. Thx for the quick help. Thread may be closed.

Last edited by HeLLBirD; 17/08/08 11:27 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard