Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
First of all, this game looks very promising. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this. I do have some questions because I couldnt find alot of information on the game.

I just watched the gameplay video's (on youtube) from leipzig. One of the few things I didn't like was the voiceacting. I was wondering if the voiceacting we heard is final. It just sounds really bad and the pronunciatian is weird, are these professional actors?

Something else I'm interested in is the amount of freedom in the game. Will it be like Morrowind/Oblivion with an enitrely open world to explore? Will there be joinable factions like the Dark Brotherhood from oblivion or the guilds in morrowind/oblivion?

After you can turn into a dragon, will it still be usefull to fight enemy's in human form? Are the two forms equally strong/usefull?

Where can I find information on the world this game takes place? Will there be different environments? Big and small towns/city's?

Last questions: what game length are you aiming for?

Really looking forward to getting more information on this great looking game!

Last edited by Frusciante; 19/09/08 04:37 PM.
Support
Support

I just watch the first Leipzig video again, and didn't hear any weird pronunciation, and IMO the only thing that sounded bad was the background noise. However, as Lar stated in the News from the front(2) topic, they are just gearing up to do the final voice acting.

I would expect the world to be relatively open. There will most likely be areas only available after certain quests have been done or main plot points reached, and it has been mentioned that turning into a dragon will allow you to reach areas that you could not get to as a human. Overall, though, there should be a fair bit of freedom in the game world, AFAIK.

Nothing has been mentioned about guilds or factions.

There will be places and situations where it will be better to be in human form. I would expect the game to be balanced so that the 2 forms are equally useful, but they would not need to be equally strong.

There will be different environments (swamp, mountains and forests have been shown in screenshots). Other than the small town shown in the video, I'd assume there would have to be several other towns or cities.

I don't know if they are aiming for a certain playtime, or if they are just going to add all the quests, balance everything, and see what they come out with. I'd expect something comparable to DD, though (which was 50 to 100 hours, depending on whether you just followed the main plot or did all the side quests). With ED having a much higher replay value due than DD (moral dilemmas, branching quest structure, etc) I could see it having a little shorter playtime, as well.

Welcome to the forum. wave

old hand
old hand
The voices in the Leipzig presentation are stub voices from two Belgian actors - we use them to test out our voice/lip synching pipelines but they won't be in the final game (except perhaps as an easter egg as there are some really funny ones in there because of the accent)

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The voices in the Leipzig presentation are stub voices from two Belgian actors - we use them to test out our voice/lip synching pipelines but they won't be in the final game (except perhaps as an easter egg as there are some really funny ones in there because of the accent)

Ok, thanks for answering, sounds good. When can we expect more coverage on Divinity2?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Lar_q

I'm sure it be very humorous like the dwarf and human that argue over a wagon wreck in Divinity. For some reason that is my most memorable moment listening to them argue.

Every time I run into a problem on the road... a dwarf is at the bottom of it! (or something very close) NPC's arguing with other npc's is just too funny.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
do know them from anything?

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard