Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ubereil
Here it is!

Hi, by the way.

Übereil

Now 3.5 is out, Firefox has improved a lot, still not up to par with Chrome, that's version 3 now; opera 10 or Safari (on a mac) as far as codestandards go.

I use Chrome 3 a lot, not the most stable of browsers, but the fastest, and the most correct one.

It's one of these days...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by swordscythe
how is it in the list of "free virus scanners"? 'cause I'm definitely not paying money on that.

there's another free antivirus; Avira. when it comes to trojan, it has better detection than AVG. experienced this at work where a few PCs got hit by some trojans (can't recall what it was). AVG detected nothing. once i installed Avira, i got warnings lighting up the screen like Christmas.

ok, so the Christmas bit is an exaggeration but Avira works. grin

......a gift from LaFille......
enthusiast
enthusiast
After a lot of testing between firefox and chrome, i had to settle for chrome atm.

- Both firefox and chrome were giving me problems with quicktime "plugin" playing videos (on gametrailers for example), firefox was crashing totaly needing a total restart of the browser, while chrome simply stated an error "this plugin is malfunctioning" and all the pages kept runing normaly.

- In therms of popups, chrome is doing a better job for me. It blocks most pop-ups, while firefox has a tendency to let a lot slip by.

- Firefox speed is basicaly a choice. You can make it faster if you dont have a lot of skins/addons, but thats the major advantage of firefox in therms of customizability, in this part i think chrome has a better speed/base functionality ratio, It feels much better looking (imho) than firefox with no skins/addons attached (for speed sake).

- Security wise, i can't quite judge as i never had problems with any of them (unlike IE).

All in all, chrome is working better for me atm, but i keep firefox updated to check it out as new versions come out, just in case, because in the end of the day, its also an excelent browser.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Me, I'm still with Opera, especially with its quick-launch page.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Me, I'm still with Opera, especially with its quick-launch page.

like this?
[Linked Image]

It's one of these days...
A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes, like this. smile

I'm currently using the highest possible number of these "fast start buttons", and that is 20. smile wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Firefox got an add-on that does the exact same thing. It's called fast dial. You can set the number of rows and collums with miniature pages.

I'd upload a screenshot but I'm too lazy laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Firefox basically has optional everything. If you want it, find it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard