Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#358887 04/01/09 11:27 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello, or rather good bye.

I'm leaving this forum for a while. It's come to my attention that the computer, or more specifically the Internet, is simply becoming a distraction, a blanket, and an escape. I'm not using the Internet because I'm enjoying spending time there. I'm using the Internet because I have no motivation or inspiration to do anything else. My life is really empty right now.

This is by no means a permanent departure from Larian. I'll probably be in from time to time. However, I am deleting it from my favourites menu.

The Internet is for fun and for information. The Internet is not my daily routine. I'm making something new with my life. I'm not sure what yet, but while I'm filling it with needless routine there isn't room for anything else.

By no means are you routine. Like any of my friends, I'd go insane if I saw you in person on a daily basis. Like I said, I'll be back, but I'm coming back on social terms, not on routine-checking-what's-cahnged-on-the-Internet-today terms.

Love to all of you! Enjoy!

HandEFood #358890 05/01/09 10:44 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
That's the spirit! There's so much more to life than just browsing the Internet every day for 10 hours a day! Same reason why I stopped using this forum, (no offense to the creators or anyone else) I just had better things to do with my time (like finishing high school and doing full-time volunteer social work). I hope you can find something meaningful to do with your life! wink

P.S I officially finish high school on May 31st, so maybe after that I'll be able to use this forum for a few minutes every now and then! smile

"Oh Lord, how long will the search go on?"
old hand
old hand
You are completly right, internet should be for fun.
I hope you find something interesting to fill up your life.

isorun #358904 05/01/09 07:00 PM
addict
addict
I totally understand what you are saying. Hope to you again in the future.

mickey #358951 08/01/09 01:26 PM
veteran
veteran
it's all a matter of keeping it under control and setting priorities.

nonetheless i wish you the best of luck and hope you'll be back soon

Viper
Viper #359663 07/02/09 01:25 PM
veteran
veteran
Viper!! laugh ... hey man howz it goin daddy
and you handee... your always leavin and coming back ,,, nice to see your still here!! :p

[color:"#33cc3"]Jurak'sRunDownShack!
Third Member of Off-Topic Posters
Defender of the [color:"green"]PIF.
[/color] Das Grosse Grüne Ogre!!! [/color]
HandEFood #359664 07/02/09 01:28 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by HandEFood
Hello, or rather good bye.

I'm leaving this forum for a while. It's come to my attention that the computer, or more specifically the Internet, is simply becoming a distraction, a blanket, and an escape. I'm not using the Internet because I'm enjoying spending time there. I'm using the Internet because I have no motivation or inspiration to do anything else. My life is really empty right now.

This is by no means a permanent departure from Larian. I'll probably be in from time to time. However, I am deleting it from my favourites menu.

The Internet is for fun and for information. The Internet is not my daily routine. I'm making something new with my life. I'm not sure what yet, but while I'm filling it with needless routine there isn't room for anything else.

By no means are you routine. Like any of my friends, I'd go insane if I saw you in person on a daily basis. Like I said, I'll be back, but I'm coming back on social terms, not on routine-checking-what's-cahnged-on-the-Internet-today terms.

Love to all of you! Enjoy!

women eh! ,... they have a way of doing that to a man................looks like handee is handbound

[color:"#33cc3"]Jurak'sRunDownShack!
Third Member of Off-Topic Posters
Defender of the [color:"green"]PIF.
[/color] Das Grosse Grüne Ogre!!! [/color]
Jurak #359691 09/02/09 12:18 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Jurak
Viper!! laugh ... hey man howz it goin daddy
and you handee... your always leavin and coming back ,,, nice to see your still here!! :p

hey hey hey, i'm still here, always have been, but not posting mostly smile
i'm waiting for the great new belgian release smile

and trying to raise my son (a handfull i can tell ya), studying for work, keeping the misses happy and perhaps play a game somewhere when I have time smile

got to go though, almost leaving for our skiing holliday smile

Viper

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard