Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Has there been a publisher announced for North America, yet? I don't recall seeing one mentioned but I might have missed it at some point along the way. It's relatively important because I recently added a publisher to my no-buy list (which includes a grand total of one active publisher) and I'd hate to have to miss out on Div2.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I've noticed that dtp entertainment is listed as the publisher for Div2 on the main game page. Is it safe to assume that that's just for some European markets and there is not yet a North American publisher?

Support
Support

Drakensang is published by dtp in Germany and THQ in North America, so it is probably safe to assume there is no North American publisher for D2:ED yet (at least that has been announced).

In any case, if you want to avoid a particular North American publisher, you could still probably order the game from the UK or Australia if you had to.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks, I thought as much (no NA publisher yet).

I probably wouldn't import a game to avoid a publisher; I'd simply not buy/play the game. The publisher that I'm avoiding published a game that I had been anticipating and following for years, so I have no qualms about not buying/playing a game due to poor service from a company. It's unfortunate for the developer, but I have to have some action to back up my talk. I have lots of other things to do with my time, too, after all. smile

So, I'll keep hoping Larian doesn't choose that one publisher and watch for some additional info.

journeyman
journeyman
Who is in charge of the release in Australia? Drakensang isn't being released here.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Support
Support

No publishers other than dtp have been mentioned yet.

stranger
stranger
frown

any news on NA publishers? There isnt a huge amount of news over here on gamespot or IGN, so maybe ill go make some posts over there to stir up a bit of dicsussion smile

Makes me feel like I am doign something lol

Better to regret something you HAVE done, than regret something you HAVEN'T done !
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I had posted a couple of times on the Div2 forums at Gamespot, but the posts (in fact, all the threads) kept vanishing (I'm assuming they were being deleted for some reason). I gave up after that, but there's very little action anyway. Latest updates on Gamespot were screenshots in December.

They definitely need a push in North America.

stranger
stranger
Gamespot deletes posts on boards if there is no activity in them after a certain period of time. I don't know how long that period is...but that is why your posts vanished.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
An unfortunate and pointless exercise that keeps people away. Fortunately, we have nice ole forums like these ones to keep coming back to for ongoing discussion.

veteran
veteran
In certain parts of this forum, like the section About this website, threads will also disappear if there are no new posts for some time. With My Stuff -> My Posts you can still find your posts in the threads that aren't displayed anymore, though, so they are not gone forever. This, for example, is my last post in the "New forum software" thread; this thread currently doesn't show up in "About this website", but if anyone wrote a new post, it would reappear. It might work the same way on other websites.

Support
Support

Near the bottom of the main index page for the 'About this Website' forum, you can change the setting for 'Show Topics' from the default of 'active in the last month' to something longer, or search the forum to find older topics.

Taking a quick look at Gamespot, at least the 'PC & Mac Games' forum shows posts / topics more than a couple years old. Presumably the rules are different for game specific forums (I didn't see anything to indicate that older posts were just not shown in the index, anyway). Searching for 'Divinity' reveals two D2:ED forums, one currently with 2 topics (27 posts) and the other with no posts.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I haven't heard anything official (but I might have missed it) but it looks like cdv Software Entertainment is going to be the NA publisher according to the game listing on IGN. True?

Last edited by Equisilus; 24/07/09 12:29 PM.
old hand
old hand
Nobodys heard anything yet still.
Wait till GamesCom in mid August.
I'm confident they'll announce a publisher then.

If they don't then we can go into panic mode rpg005

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
But why would IGN specifically mention cdv as the publisher if they weren't told that? It's not like publishers are usually guessed by the media. If they don't know, they just leave it as "TBA" or some such thing.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Equisilus
But why would IGN specifically mention cdv as the publisher if they weren't told that? It's not like publishers are usually guessed by the media. If they don't know, they just leave it as "TBA" or some such thing.

Maybe because Divine Divinity was published by CDV?
In this thread people were saying Larian wern't happy with CDV.

T
T
Don't worry, once Dragon Age Origins is released in Oktober it will tide you over until Divinity 2 is released in the US someday :P

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by technotica
Don't worry, once Dragon Age Origins is released in Oktober it will tide you over until Divinity 2 is released in the US someday :P

It will be released in September.
I doubt they'll let us down.
Tueres really no need to rub it in think

Anyway Ughh Dragon Age down

veteran
veteran
I cant wait frown

In anycase.... hope they have it available for pre-order soon smile regardless of who the publishers are.

To the would be publisher: Make sure you release a Collectors edition too.... otherwise we will have to pour salt in your coffee.

Your existence alone, is excuse enough for the creation of the entire universe… Il you my darling Jeanne-Dré 
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Okay, I'll go with the "they don't really know" idea for now. I had thought I must have missed something, seeing a publisher attached to the game for NA.

@technotica: well, I'll be getting both Alpha Protocol (Oct 6) and DA:O (Oct 20) so it's going to be a tight bit of gaming time anyway. Since I don't like mixing up my playing of new games, I'll be concentrating on a single one until it's finished. Which it is depends on which I like the best. At least if Div2 arrives in September, it'll get some good playtime in before AP hits, and AP should get a bunch of play before DA:O is released. I really hate that everyone waited until the same couple of month period to release their games this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard