Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
I have posted my report (german) about the presentation and severals photos on PlanetDivinity.de.

A
veteran
veteran
A
The interface was the only thing I couldn't take a photo from.

Plus I couldn't watch the second presentation due to

- great exhaustation on my side
- couldn't go to the tram with my bicycle because the handlebar of it was stolen some time on saturday. So my sister had to drive me to the nearest tram.

That's why I could be there not earlier than noon.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
Wow that sucks Alrik. Just the handlebar sounds like pointless theft too.

A
veteran
veteran
A
It was the only one at that place - there were many bicycles around there - with that specific handlebar.

Two years ago, my saddle was stolen from exactly the same bike at exactly the same place.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nemisis_Dragon
I have posted my report (german) about the presentation and severals photos on PlanetDivinity.de.

Thanks a lot, though I can't read a word of the text silly but I can read the photos thankyou

I have a question, I read on saturday I think, that the quest givers have an arrow over their heads, is that a final feature?????? Can I ask for a second thought and remove that or find another way to mark them? I remember that Two Worlds used different colors in the 'talking' icons for quest givers, those arrows shall ruin the inmersion!!! and the same goes for those red arrows in the head of the enemy you are attacking I saw in screenshots....... they are _ugly_ frown The enemy locking for the attack needs to be more 'dissimulated'....

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Arkray
I have a question, I read on saturday I think, that the quest givers have an arrow over their heads, is that a final feature??????

I fear so. I hate these signs myself.

At the RPC, a visitor even hat a yellow exclamation mark floating over his head !

I think he positioned it over his pirate hat with some wire ...

--Dilbert cartoon

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Arkray
I have a question, I read on saturday I think, that the quest givers have an arrow over their heads, is that a final feature?????? Can I ask for a second thought and remove that or find another way to mark them? I remember that Two Worlds used different colors in the 'talking' icons for quest givers, those arrows shall ruin the inmersion!!! and the same goes for those red arrows in the head of the enemy you are attacking I saw in screenshots....... they are _ugly_ frown The enemy locking for the attack needs to be more 'dissimulated'....

I agree, removing any pointers will add to depth and realism... and it will make the world more alive cause there wont be a felling that the purpose of NPC's are there just to give us a quest, their "lives" wont start when we approach them and wont end when we leave them

You could add an option to enable or disable these pointers

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by drazac
You could add an option to enable or disable these pointers

Yes, that's my only hope.

--Dilbert cartoon

Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
[quote=drazac]You could add an option to enable or disable these pointers

That sounds like a really good idea! - I hope thay have considered that and made it an option.

journeyman
journeyman
Optional is good to me.

veteran
veteran
The third blog entry is now online too! smile

First blog entry
Second blog entry
Third blog entry

Enjoy!

Lynn #361549 07/04/09 04:14 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Thanks ! smile

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
imo there's a small typo in it. When you enlarge the last picture (fight) it says merly a "fles" wound. I think it should say flesh wound, right? Or is it a "fles" wound wink grin

Joliekiller, paladin on a crusade against (almost) all evil.
apprentice
apprentice
Is there any chance that gameplay clips form the rpc are going to be released online anytime soon?

Xyks #361628 09/04/09 01:57 AM
addict
addict
Hmmm I think the arrows may ruin the immersion for some but on the other hand, do you really want to spend hours hunting down the "right person" to talk to? Keeping track of a huge list of characters by having ,say, a "Notification" list as you move into an area which contains "XYZ characters" might work yet... that seems to require a lot of work.

addict
addict
Did you have a problem finding people in the first Divinity game without arrows? I just like the "mouse-over" or possibly hitting a key to see any relevant info like name, state of mind/attitude, etc...

addict
addict
Originally Posted by flixerflax
Did you have a problem finding people in the first Divinity game without arrows? I just like the "mouse-over" or possibly hitting a key to see any relevant info like name, state of mind/attitude, etc...

No, I didn't yet D2 promises to have a lot of characters who'll have affect the plot, right?

Well, using a mouse or key might work, I guess?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Raito
Hmmm I think the arrows may ruin the immersion for some but on the other hand, do you really want to spend hours hunting down the "right person" to talk to? Keeping track of a huge list of characters by having ,say, a "Notification" list as you move into an area which contains "XYZ characters" might work yet... that seems to require a lot of work.

That is what journals are for, to keep trackof the people you must talk _back_ and as per new ones it is more inmersive to talk to all them and see if they have cool stories to tell you and discover they may need or not your help.... As I said, just a different icon or little marker, or differnt color in the names, one color for trainers, other for quest givers etc, would suffice to differenciate them, but a neon gigantic marker arrow is a NONONO!

Support
Support

When this discussion came up awhile ago, I suggested important NPCs could be highlighted in a manner that fit more into the gameworld, such as an aura around them or a rune on the ground at their feet. I'd have to play the game for awhile to see if these markers would bother me, or if I'd just get used to and ignore them.

There is no mouse cursor except in the inventory screen, so there needs to be some kind of marker during combat, though I don't know if an arrow would have been my first choice...

Raze #361644 09/04/09 09:23 AM
addict
addict
No mouse cursor?! You mean the entire game is keyboard-based? I just hope not.

Yeah... aura or rune sure sounds better. smirk What does Larian think of that? It could even just be simple symbols like "rectangle, circle, etc." in different colours. Nevertheless, I hope they'll address this issue.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard