Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#361532 07/04/09 01:35 PM
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hi all wave

As you know, div2 will be released on the PC and on the Xbox360.
Which platform do you prefer and why? I am curious wink

Thanks,
Lynn

PC or XBox360
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 07/04/09 01:35 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
I vote for PC anytime, all the time! Better interface with keyboard and mouse in virtually all games. You can only pack so many options into a Xbox or PS controller. That being said, I do love me some 52 inch 1080p TV screen when attached to my PC for gaming! biggrin

Last edited by SheaOhmsford; 07/04/09 01:49 PM.

Is reality just a fantasy?
journeyman
journeyman
PC basically becasue I don't like consoles for being a 'closed' box, not modifable at all and I don't like pads, to me they are annoying.

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
PC...
Although consoles are very fun to play on, they are pretty limited...
Ofcourse it would be nice to have an console but for now PC is all I need.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm also a PC maniac. I just don't really see what's good about consoles... my pc screen is as big as my tv, and much better. If you like playing games with a controller... get a controller for PC. *shrugs* it's like the same thing really, except the PC does a whole lot more.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I don't own a console, cause they are still rather expensive here were i live, so my vote goes for PC.
However if i do have one, i think i would still vote for PC cause, i've been gaming on it for a more then a decade and i really can't think of gaming on any platform other than PC... that and its benefits: mouse and keyboard support, especially for games that use lots of buttons, options, inventory maneuvering etc., then, graphics and its tweaking, a possibility that some people will create mods for this game (new weapons, armors, quests, spells, maps, textures etc)

old hand
old hand
Its cheaper to manage!
No need to keep upgrading hardware.

stranger
stranger
360 because my pc sucks. I don't play many games on the Pc and like what divine gamer said its cheaper to manage.

They say because I'm a gamer i don't have a life....Well, RIGHT DOWN LEFT LEFT RIGHT UP! Now I have thirty.
journeyman
journeyman
ACtually you can't upgrade, that is the problemwith consoles, what if never again MS makes a new xbox? PC's will always be there and will have new hardware, over and over, they are not limited to a single 'provider'......

stranger
stranger
never thought about it like that but im more used to consoles than my pc

They say because I'm a gamer i don't have a life....Well, RIGHT DOWN LEFT LEFT RIGHT UP! Now I have thirty.
enthusiast
enthusiast
PC, because I don't own a 360. ^^

"They say if you play the Windows XP CD backward, you can hear satanic words." - "Oh, that's nothing. If you play it forward it installs Windows XP...!"
journeyman
journeyman
Pc forever!!!!

apprentice
apprentice
PC ... much more versatile than Xbox smile

too bad it's not coming to PS3 ...

addict
addict
PC for all the reasons stated above.

Edit - Thought of another reason - Downloadable content - patches and updates, mods, expansions - all the ways users can enjoy expanded and enhanced gaming on a PC.

Honestly, I have a PC out of "necessity" - school, work, communication; it also serves as my media center for movies and music, not my tv. Why spend hundreds of dollars on a console that really only has one function? Plus, most of the games - YAWN.

PC - always!

old hand
old hand
PC: user created mods, unofficial patches and other adjustments to the game are all things you'll miss out if you play the Xbox version. Also, as stated earlier, the game's probably easier to handle with mouse and keyboard than with a gamepad, and even if it is easier with a gamepad, you can always connect one to your pc :p.
The only reason i'd buy a console version instead of a pc version is if I'm afraid my PC won't meet the requirements. In all other cases: PC version>console version

journeyman
journeyman
PC. Even if I had a 360, I'd choose the PC for this style of game. I own a PS3, and games that come out for both PC and PS3 has me buying PC, too. I'm not anti-console, I'm just more comfortable with the keyboard/mouse interface these days.

veteran
veteran
PC always. Can't beat it for versatility. Keyboard & mouse are unbeaten for ease of use.

The only drawback to the PC is the cost of upgrading, but given all that a PC can do it's worth it.

Please click the banner...
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
The only drawback to the PC is the cost of upgrading, but given all that a PC can do it's worth it.

One thing that's key to the PC for me is that I use it for other things than gaming. If gaming was my focus, with the few games I buy in a year, it wouldn't be worth the upgrades.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by flixerflax
Why spend hundreds of dollars on a console that really only has one function? Plus, most of the games - YAWN.

The main function for my PS3 was playing Blu-rays until I built my HTPC.
And for that, it was quite cheap actually.

Nowadays, a console is not only for gaming... but also for internet, communication, media center etc. So, your point is not quite valid there.

Of course the PC has it's advantages too... nobody would come up with the idea to use Office on a console for example... or to "seriously" use the internet surfing means.

I think the best way is to have a PC AND consoles. smile

On topic: I would play the PC version because I prefer that for 3D RPGs... the keyboard+mouse controls plus the easier interface with faster saving/loading are the main reasons.

Nigel Powers: "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch!"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard