Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
That's all very true smile My point was mainly that the combat itself was not that strong. The game's strength were indeed its story and atmosphere and the combat was just above average and not brilliant.

enthusiast
enthusiast
but if DD2 has basically everything DD1 had (good story, good dialogue, better graphics, closer-to-the-action camera, good sound, same humoristic approach) what is your reason to fall over that combat system? Which is still an improvement over the original IMHO. Combat has gotten much more dynamic than it was in DD1, it's more fun, you're closer to the action, You can win a fight without using Whirlwind Attack, and they didn't even have to sacrifice the skill system to do it.

Since Gothic II I've dreamed of an evolution in that combat system to make the perfect combat system. But the first three Gothic II reviews I read said the combat system was horrible.

You just can't please everyone.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
[quote=Lun-Sei Sleidee] I hate, HATE the click-click-click-click type of combat system that in these modern days should be left only to those stupid mind-numbing mmorpgs.

what mmo is that? I WANNA PLAY IT! click click click is definately not mmorps. mmorpgs are click sit back wait. diablo is click click click

i hate not being able to find out how to properly shorten quotes laugh

Last edited by mivine; 29/07/09 06:11 AM.
Support
Support

At the end of the quote, there should be a tag [ /quote] (with a space put in so it remains in plain text); if you leave that in (or add it back after deleting it) you will get the quote box around the text you are trying to keep. The quote starts with the tag [ quote] or [ quote=name] (also shown with an extra space in each).
Also, if you switch to the full reply screen (button under the quick reply text box) there are buttons to add the start and end tags around selected text for various functions, so you can play around and see how they work, if you wish. Basically, [ something] means 'start something' (font, colour, formatting, etc), while [ /something] means 'end something'.

As for combat, I really, really dislike micro-managed combat systems, as well as anything twitch based. There have been several debates about this in previous topics...

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by mivine
[quote=Lun-Sei Sleidee] I hate, HATE the click-click-click-click type of combat system that in these modern days should be left only to those stupid mind-numbing mmorpgs.

what mmo is that? I WANNA PLAY IT! click click click is definately not mmorps. mmorpgs are click sit back wait. diablo is click click click

i hate not being able to find out how to properly shorten quotes laugh

You should have played Tabula Rasa then. Not exactly "click click click" but you had to aim and shoot like in a real FPS.

stranger
stranger
Just a quick question....

Has anyone who is playing the German release discovered any of the hidden, 'off the beaten track' locations, like caves and abandoned buildings. The YT videos appear to just show the main quest. Without spoiling.....how detailed are they and what are the rewards like?

'How strange it is to be anything at all' - Jeff Magnum
A
veteran
veteran
A
I played Tabula Rasa when it was free, and my impressions were kind of mixed.

It was quite interesting, imho, but there was no non-combat questing, it seemed to me.

The overall setting was very interesting for my taste.

What I also didmn't quite like was the spawning. I prefer having "cleaned" areas.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
As a mage in Divine Divinity, I handled the boring Aleroth catacombs by abusing the bookshelves in Aleroth to get extra spell books. Those skeleton mini-bosses weren't so scary once you hit them with Rank 3 Elemental Hail!

These questions probably aren't important to most people playing, but...

Anyone find out what are the names for the different months in Rivellon?

Is there more then one moon in the night sky (if so, do they have names)?

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by Squinty
Just a quick question....

Has anyone who is playing the German release discovered any of the hidden, 'off the beaten track' locations, like caves and abandoned buildings. The YT videos appear to just show the main quest. Without spoiling.....how detailed are they and what are the rewards like?

I wouldn't exactly say that they are very hidden, but the world is full with small dungeons, caves and mines. Most of them have a side quest associated with them, but some are simply there as shortcut and/or provide their own non quest mission with good loot.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Personally, I think the underground areas are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. I've never seen a game with such good looking caves and dungeons.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard