Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#368964 27/07/09 08:02 AM
Arkray Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ok, here is the question, does the game actually look like THIS?

[Linked Image]

Or like THIS?

[Linked Image]

I explain, even in the '10 mins videos' the guy from the second image looks like that and the guy who was playing was doing so with textures maxed and aniso on. What I mean is that... what happened to clothes textures in last year???? frown frown frown frown and no, it is not image qulaity of the screenshot, the current version has way lower resolution in textures......

Last edited by Arkray; 27/07/09 08:04 AM.
veteran
veteran
seems to me the first screenshot has a sharpen filter over it, however the result is impossible to get based on the detail of the second screenshot.

It's one of these days...
N
stranger
stranger
N
Thats the game

journeyman
journeyman
One of the screenshots has heavy blur effects, lower resolution, different brightness/contrast and lightning than the other one. In addition to that, one of the characters is an npc, the other one's the main character I think.

Arkray Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Probably yes, probably not, the main char does not wear those clothes, never, he/she starts with a simple armour. And to me it looks like it is the same skin with much less details, you only have to look at the body's belt to see that... and as I said, in the video playing with everthing maxed 'Edmund' looks the same....

old hand
old hand
Both screenshots are from the game, but the second screenshot has lower quality settings. As mentioned in the german section, we made a mistake in not exposing the maximum quality settings in the PC German version, something we are going to fix with a patch and which will be part of the international release.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Arkray
and no, it is not image qulaity of the screenshot, the current version has way lower resolution in textures......

[cynism]Oh, another one who doesn't care for the gameplay at all, but the graphics have to be the best element of the game over everything else ...[/cynism]

If this goes on, we'll have absolutely excellent looking Moorhuhn games in the neares futture - and dominating the whole gaming indistry for at least 10 years ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Arkray Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer

[cynism]Oh, another one who doesn't care for the gameplay at all, but the graphics have to be the best element of the game over everything else ...[/cynism]

If this goes on, we'll have absolutely excellent looking Moorhuhn games in the neares futture - and dominating the whole gaming indistry for at least 10 years ...

I can NOT play the game at the moment, my german is rusty, so I can't opine about the gamplay AND I do NOT like to see early images and the final product to be downgraded, especially since I suspected it was to level _down_ the PC version to the xbox360 one. Oh, yes, I avoided mentioning this in the first entry on purpose cool

Originally Posted by Lar_q
Both screenshots are from the game, but the second screenshot has lower quality settings. As mentioned in the german section, we made a mistake in not exposing the maximum quality settings in the PC German version, something we are going to fix with a patch and which will be part of the international release.

Ok, thanks a LOT for an official explanation and I'm glad to hear it will be fixed wave

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Lar_q
...we made a mistake in not exposing the maximum quality settings in the PC German version, something we are going to fix with a patch and which will be part of the international release.

thx for the statement. I'll probably wait for the english release then.

Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer

Gameplay will always be important imo. Todays graphics don't make gameplay irrelevant but less important than a couple of years ago.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard