S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Arianaris
Really good RPGs:
Diablo I,II

A good friend of me had said some time ago: "What? Diablo II have a story?!"

Diablo I and II have a so extrem small story, that I won't define them as RPGs. But this is my oppinion laugh

Last edited by Sindrax; 05/08/09 01:03 AM.
Sindrax #374519 05/08/09 01:47 AM
addict
addict
When you normally dont care about graphics you SHOULD play FFVIII. Its the BEST RPG out there.

He, who does not fear his own sword, is not worthy to hold it.

old hand
old hand
Well that is something. I guess if I had the game in my hands and was playing wouldn't bother reading the end of it. Now I know how it ends about a month or two before I even play it. But then again same goes the legend of Zelda. You defeat Ganon and save hyrule.

So I suppose there will be a Divinity 3?

Will there ever be and end to this series? Or will this last for 20+ years?

The good thing is that if there will be a handful of sequels, they won't all start off about raising Damian from hell like with Castlevania.

EDIT: I just watched the ending on YouTube lol. Pretty disturbing, but now I'm eager to see what all lead up to this.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 05/08/09 03:38 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Diablo II have a story? I really never noticed. laugh laugh

But what the hell is Legend of Zelda? It has reallyy weird name, I should check it out.

And, maybe I really should play FFVII...

Angry Edit: Well, it seems Zelda is not on PC...

BTW: I would love to play gothic, but the stupid game engine lags like hell..Long live Oblivion..

WHAT? I just saw ending that wasnt in the game!?!

Edit 2: And lol. I just found out the NPC's SHOULD open mouth when speaking.. Lol I thought crators were just lazy. laugh

Last edited by tommyie; 05/08/09 09:52 AM.
tommyie #374765 05/08/09 02:01 PM
old hand
old hand
I thought you were joking about Zelda. It was one of the games that made RPG's popular to begin with before computers became so heavily used.

Not knowing about Zelda is like if someone said they never heard of Final Fantasy, Gauntlet or Phantasy Star. So dude, what the hell kind of cave do you live in? I thought I lived in a deep one...

Last edited by LightningLockey; 05/08/09 02:01 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
From what you've listed I know only Final Fantasy. Anyway, for me its better to give my time to 3DS Max and C++ than just plain playing. Not everyone still has the time to browse every old game.. It's easier in the spare time to just find out newly dated games like Divinity 2.. Well, its only my clouded opinion.. I think RPG's are the best games on PC.

tommyie #374958 05/08/09 07:39 PM
old hand
old hand
Some classics like Chrono Trigger, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Drakkhen are worth looking up. They got some real good rpg elements that modern day games are missing. Larian does a good job at putting some of these missing elements in their games. It sounds like you will be programming games, so it be good to taste some of the classics. I'm gonna go on a limb to suggest Super Mario RPG, basically the SNES had the ones I've played the most. Divinity is the only game that I've played over and over that wasn't on the SNES lol.

I was so bored with FF7 that I quit at the last boss, same happened with FF8.

Anyway, we should really get back on topic here lol.

The thing with this game, is it ends when war starts. So that is gonna make me wonder how far does Damian go? What will Divinity 3 be like? A world completely battle scarred? Or will it make "full circle" and be similar to how things happened prior to Divinity? Where all the races banded, a council of 7 created and a huge cataclysmic battle at the end?

In various literature or movies I've seen, Gods need emotion to exist. Such as worship or fear, once the emotion is removed the "god" ceases to exist. Something will happen to stop his progress wheater it be him sealed away but alive, or hunting the last remaining survivors that are against this. It seems like Damian gains his power threw fear more than worship.

This is kinda sad, I'm looking forward to Divinity 3 more than playing Divinity 2 now lmao! I want to experiance the conclusion to all this from ... what 2002 Divinity came out?

Last edited by LightningLockey; 05/08/09 07:41 PM.

tommyie #375101 06/08/09 08:37 AM
addict
addict
The bad guy won now, but the war isn't over. If anything this ending shows we have to wait for Divinity 3 smile

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
Myrthos #375188 06/08/09 11:06 AM
T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
You guessed right. Anyway, back to the topic. Well, I'm very curious how it will all end in Divinity 3.. Hehe, we'll see. If I'm right, I helped Damian in all Divinity games unintentionally. So it's time to finally kick his ass in D3. smile I also can't wait on "Arcania" which should come out soon.

Last edited by tommyie; 06/08/09 11:07 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
although the ending is negative, the game is very satisfying
since div 1 i waited for a RPG that had funny and captivating side-quests, with puzzles and mini-challenges in so many places, only divinity has this incorporated in a good RPG, thats why i love it

one thing is missing from div 1, some quests for ULTIMATE ITEMS hidden in the world, div 1 had that, and it was awesome

all in all a very good game, fun to play and captivating, the next RPG that will have this will be diablo 3 probably

tommyie #377599 13/08/09 07:03 AM
stranger
stranger
FF8 is on PC and has decent enough graphics.

addict
addict
But bad gameplay in comparison to FFVII which is also available on PC

stranger
stranger
Yeah, I really am one of the only people that think FF8 was better than FF9 and as good as 10. I just loved getting the cards and the trigger combos, I thought the story was even better the second time through, as well.

addict
addict
In my opinion FFVII is the best, then comes FFX then the rest

N
stranger
stranger
N
Really sad ending guys frown

Well back to finish Gothic 3 :P ( its finally fixed after all these years lol)

And by the way. Arcania will suck, Dragon Age will suck. Mark my words. I havent seen a single game this year that has run flawlesy without CTDs or game breaking bugs other than Drakensang.

Oh my dear Morrowind i wish someone would make a game like you.

Nemko #378174 14/08/09 10:44 PM
L
stranger
stranger
L
The end is not well frown

the goal in a game is to win no lose

if Divinity3 fate and that the end is in the same style I will not even bother to buy it

I apologized for my English I use a translator

Last edited by looping; 14/08/09 11:07 PM.
looping #378877 17/08/09 03:29 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Do I smell an addon? I don't think they will wait until Divinity 3 to continue the story...I smell a very quick, 1 - 1 1/2 year add-on

susu #378899 17/08/09 04:13 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
I wonder... i have lvl 7 wisdom... i wonder around what lvl game gona end i wonder if that points will repay me.. how u think guys?

Bargian #379198 18/08/09 04:32 PM
stranger
stranger
You know, having more time to ponder the ending, Larian really dropped the ball IMO. Just take it from movies and other media, you can do a sad or disappointing ending, but you have to do it right. I think I felt so crappy about the ending because they did not put enough effort into it.

What they should of done was immerse the player in the actual dissapointment. You could do this by giving a longer ending cut-scene, as well as some better transitions. Maybe a first person view of getting stuck in the crystal, some kind of struggle of imprisonment, something.

Still a great game, just a completely lackluster finish :|

old hand
old hand
The ending is not the 'final' ending of the series... maybe Divinity 2 is 'The empire strikes back' that ends on a negative note with the heroes being temporarily set back... but this simply means that in the next game a new hero will rise up and set things right. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard