Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#376961 11/08/09 03:32 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
As you may have guessed, I am new here smile Just registered today.
Even if I only started playing the Divinity series this year, I must say that the games are incredibly beautiful (especially Divine, because of it's mystic atmosphere)!
I'm also interested in programming (especially C#. But I also "speak" Basic, C++ and Pascal). During time I have released a few mods and modding tools and now I'm working on a game that I'd love to become the 2nd part of Dink Smallwood (maybe you've played it).
My real name is Bogdan-Alexandru (Alex... it is shorter), I'm from Romania and I'm 16 (I think I'm the youngest user here...).
If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, feel free to ask. I hope we'll get along well and I'll be able to make some friends here.

Patrunjelu #377026 11/08/09 06:16 PM
Support
Support

I played Dink Smallwood a long time ago (8 or 9 years). I bought a $20 gamepad to play this freeware game; in addition to the D-pad being much easier on the hands than keyboard for movement, it had 'repeat A' and 'repeat B' buttons which could be held down for the same effect as repeatedly pressing the A or B buttons (which made the throwing axe much easier and more effective). That gameport gamepad eek got replaced with a USB gamepad with more buttons and better ergonomics, but lacking the 'repeat' buttons (which would have come in handy for a few games since then). I'm planning on getting a new gamepad to play D2:ED, and will look for macro and repeat functionality.

Anyway, with the update and mods, maybe I should check this game out again...

The youngest forum members were 11 and 12, though that was awhile ago, so you may be the youngest current forum member.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #377027 11/08/09 06:18 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for the warm welcome. laugh

Patrunjelu #377036 11/08/09 06:36 PM
veteran
veteran
Welcome to the forum smile

Please click the banner...
Elliot_Kane #377111 11/08/09 08:25 PM
journeyman
journeyman

"During time I have released a few mods and modding tools "

Who knows in a few months we are all installing a D2 mod made by you?! wink

Welcome m8.

Adomingues #377122 11/08/09 08:44 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
If the developers would make D2 modding possible, then it might just happen. smile
Thank you Adomingues and Elliot_Kane for the welcome ^_^

Patrunjelu #377130 11/08/09 08:54 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Hello,

I have learned programming, too, but I haven't done it in years now. So I'm too much out of it.

I still consider Pascal as a good language, because it demands clear programming, with all of the declaring of the variables and such - at least that was the case when I begun it. I don't know how it is nowadays, with Delphi.

I think I nowadays belong to the older ones here, I'm almost 40 years old.

By the way, I'm surprised that Dink Smallwood is Freeware ... I think I have it as Shareware in my memory ...

Originally Posted by Patrunjelu
(especially Divine, because of it's mystic atmosphere)!

That's what I loved about this game, too. smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

Dink Smallwood was released commercially in 1997, and then as freeware in 1999 (see here); an update in 2006 added "many bugfixes, easier DMOD installs and 32bit color support".

Raze #377489 12/08/09 07:22 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Ah, thanks ! smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
It has been far too long since we had nubians in the chat section...

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard