Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
lethial #383765 08/09/09 12:07 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by MysterD
Originally Posted by Kein
Officially from Larian?
With English written subtitles?

What is the point of these words? To state your opinion?

No, it was actually all questions -- as it was written.

I wasn't sure if it was officially or unofficially supported.
Thanks for clarifying.

But the answer is obvious. Don't you wan to say that you didn't know that?
>_>

Do a lot of German games (fully voice-acted and fully subtitled in German) get an additional option for the US gamer to be able to use English written subtitles officially?

Can't say but how in the hell it changes the fact that Divinity 2 does have english language and the whole situation as well?

Originally Posted by lethial
[quote=kuru308]
I have the hacked version that I brought and so far so good. Also, a lot of the bugs that I have read have to do with the Securom somehow not detecting the DVD in the drive properly, which is a bug that would affect non-hacked version too.

Same here. Well, I had plans to purchase a digital version, but since there is no patches for it I dropped this variant >_>
And yeah, I've got a plenty of bugs too, like character stuck and doesn't move, etc... frown

Last edited by Kein; 08/09/09 12:09 AM.
Kein #383769 08/09/09 01:26 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
I've heard the main problem with using a language hacked version is that the end cutscene may not work, as it looks for the English version which doesn't exist, so it crashes. So in theory, couldn't you play the entire game in English, then right at the end of the game, change back to German?

Sorry if this is off topic. I'm kind of thinking aloud.

kuru308 #383783 08/09/09 04:50 AM
veteran
veteran
No, you can. Game crashes because it's can't find "Endscene_English.wmv" which is fixable in the same way as English language hack activation ;P (read: plain renaming of file(s))

Kein #383786 08/09/09 04:58 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Ah, thought so. Handy information, but I'll still wait for the English version before going all the way through the game. Being able to actually understand the spoken dialogue will probably change the experience dramatically. Such a crappy decision, as I want to play it all now, yet I don't want to spoil the whole thing. Blah. December can't come soon enough.

kuru308 #383942 08/09/09 02:47 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
Wow, people playing with hacked versions posting here ... how far down can it get now ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
Please dont hack the game. Language work-arounds, copy protection, crashes, bugs, etc... All that will make your gameplay experience lousy and you will lose out a lot of the game glory.

Wait for December, wait for the major patch, enjoy the game as larian wanted the fans to enjoy it.

Last edited by Adomingues; 08/09/09 04:06 PM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Not sure why importing the game and making its text English is viewed so negatively... As I said, I did buy the game... Do you guys wanna see my invoice or something?

Anyway, sorry for the digression, but I am kinda tired of being treated like some sort of criminal...

Back to the patch, any updates?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Adomingues
Please dont hack the game. Language work-arounds, copy protection, crashes, bugs, etc... All that will make your gameplay experience lousy and you will lose out a lot of the game glory.

Wait for December, wait for the major patch, enjoy the game as larian wanted the fans to enjoy it.

How would playing the game with text translated bu Larian ruin the gameplay? It's fine unless you have some averison to German. I live in Holland and I too bought the game just last week, because the English release was delayed. Having such an option is great to be honest, Larian such 'support' it by not making it impossible with the patch. As for pirates, they'll pirate it anyway. I really doubt CDV will use an uncrackable CP.

Last edited by mister_s; 08/09/09 05:36 PM.
mister_s #384113 08/09/09 09:17 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by mister_s
Originally Posted by Adomingues

How would playing the game with text translated bu Larian ruin the gameplay? It's fine unless you have some averison to German. I live in Holland and I too bought the game just last week, because the English release was delayed. Having such an option is great to be honest, Larian such 'support' it by not making it impossible with the patch. As for pirates, they'll pirate it anyway. I really doubt CDV will use an uncrackable CP.

I'm a software developer and honestly i find it realy hard to understand people think its "ok" to temper with the software with hacks and ways to go around an issue that wasnt clearly intended by the developer, but dont mind me, i'm just old-fashioned i guess.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L

offtopic Didn't want detract the thread so much, so I will wrap my take with the spoiler tag.

I am a software developer too. And while I don't agree with hacking for the purpose of pirating (game or idea), I don't think enabling the English text is that sort of hacking. It doesn't even really qualifies as hacking.

I don't think we should nag Larian about text change related bugs, but not all bugs are related to that.

No one here is out to get Larian. In fact, most of us did the changes to support Larian and ofc to indulge in some gaming goodness. smile

What are your thoughts on the unofficial patches and hacks for games like Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, FO1 &2, PST, BG2, or just the Infinity Engine based game in general? Not all hacks are done with harmful intent.

end of offtopic

Back to the patch, there seem to be a lot of talk about it on the German forum. Those of you who are fortunate enough to know German, any news on the patch?

thanks in advance

lethial #384120 08/09/09 10:57 PM
veteran
veteran

I legally bought f*--^W "The Damned" german version because tired of waiting for English/Russian release. Personally, I can do with the game content what I want (also, if you didn't notice yet - I'm not asking for support because of that), that's my right. Don't tell me what I must do, kthnx.

Nobody have any idea what Larian did want since there is such mess with releases.

Adomingues
I'm a software developer and honestly i find it realy hard to understand people think its "ok" to temper with the software with hacks and ways to go around an issue that wasnt clearly intended by the developer, but dont mind me, i'm just old-fashioned i guess.

Software developer who even doesn't know simple termins? Lolz. Read here:
Hack has several related meanings in the technology and computer science fields. It may refer to a clever or quick fix to a computer program problem, or to what may be perceived to be a clumsy or inelegant (but usually relatively quick) solution to a problem. The term is also used to refer to a modification of a program or device to give the user access to features that were otherwise unavailable, such as DIY circuit bending.

Kein #384130 09/09/09 02:38 AM
old hand
old hand
One thing I'd like to see with the patch is improvements with the shields in the game. (Not spell shields but metal ones for melee combat). They were too weak, only good for mages. 2 hand or duel wield are better for warriors because you'll kill the enemy off quicker.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
journeyman
journeyman
@kein -> You are an extremely rude person and i wont enter a conversation with you or continue this offtopic, but you cannot do whatever you want with a piece of software, thats why there is EULA(s) in mostly every software out there.

Offtopic end for me.

M
stranger
stranger
M
"Hacking" in this case gives the consumer more options. If I can't wait for the English release (which is too far away to be honest), I can just import the game and play it. Yes it could be used for pirating, but that'll also happen when the US version is released. If Larian makes this hack impossible with teh upcoming patch, they'll only delay the English speaking pirates while punishing the consumers. Without the ability to "hack" games, many of the classics we now know wouldn't even be remembered.

Originally Posted by lethial

Back to the patch, there seem to be a lot of talk about it on the German forum. Those of you who are fortunate enough to know German, any news on the patch?

thanks in advance

Nah no official news. Just some users speculating, asking where the patch is etc.

Last edited by mister_s; 09/09/09 10:08 AM.
mister_s #384192 09/09/09 11:06 AM
old hand
old hand
Quick update for you: It's ready, it's gone through QA, and it's being prepped for release. That basically means that it's now with the digital distrubtion partners, and once they are ready, the patch can be released. My guess is late this week, or early next week.

Lar_q #384193 09/09/09 11:12 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
That's great, thanks.

mister_s #384195 09/09/09 11:19 AM
stranger
stranger
Thanks for the update, Lar_q!

Korinu #384200 09/09/09 11:32 AM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
That is awesome news, thanks Lar_q. Speaking of digital distribution partners, how many of them are there? (just trying to find more vendors for future imports smile )

Lar_q #384214 09/09/09 12:03 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Quick update for you: It's ready, it's gone through QA, and it's being prepped for release. That basically means that it's now with the digital distrubtion partners, and once they are ready, the patch can be released. My guess is late this week, or early next week.

Uhh...
Digital distribution? Does that mean the patch only for digital version? :<

Kein #384219 09/09/09 12:16 PM
old hand
old hand
No, it's for both versions but since the game is also being distributed digitally, it means we have to go through the digital distributors to make sure they have the patch available when it gets released. Unfortunately it delays the entire process a bit, but at least it'll be with you soon.

The digital distribution partners in Germany (that I'm aware off) are Metaboli and Steam.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard