Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Lar_q #384259 09/09/09 01:35 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
No, it's for both versions but since the game is also being distributed digitally, it means we have to go through the digital distributors to make sure they have the patch available when it gets released. Unfortunately it delays the entire process a bit, but at least it'll be with you soon.

The digital distribution partners in Germany (that I'm aware off) are Metaboli and Steam.

Hello, thanks for the time you took posting this info.

Any chance that there will be a digital distribution on Steam for the english / international version?

KnightPT #384427 09/09/09 11:54 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Originally Posted by Lar_q
No, it's for both versions but since the game is also being distributed digitally, it means we have to go through the digital distributors to make sure they have the patch available when it gets released. Unfortunately it delays the entire process a bit, but at least it'll be with you soon.

The digital distribution partners in Germany (that I'm aware off) are Metaboli and Steam.

Hello, thanks for the time you took posting this info.

Any chance that there will be a digital distribution on Steam for the english / international version?

Well, if this does help -- CDV does have Sacred 2: Fallen Angel up to buy on Steam.
I would NOT be surprised if Divin 2 joins the club, as well.

MysterD #384441 10/09/09 08:28 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by MysterD

Well, if this does help -- CDV does have Sacred 2: Fallen Angel up to buy on Steam.
I would NOT be surprised if Divin 2 joins the club, as well.

Yeah, i bought sacred2 on steam thats exactly why i ask wink

I happen to like digital downloads more than boxed games, just think they should be somewhat cheaper compared to the boxed version because they are much cheaper to produce for the distributor, but i understand that has nothing to do with the developer, eh eh smile

KnightPT #384475 10/09/09 11:27 AM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Sacred 2 also was available on Impulse, which I prefer much more than steam. (Not a fan of having to be online all the time for steam, and the pop ups of steam is annoying as heck, esp. when you are playing a game that doesn't like being "alt-tabbed")

lethial #384513 10/09/09 02:55 PM
old hand
old hand
Thanks for the update Lar. Looking forward to the Dec. release.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
old hand
old hand
DTP just uploaded the second patch to www.divinity2.de. IT seems like the server is taking a heavy hit right now, so you might want to wait a bit before downloading it.

Lar_q #384821 11/09/09 05:41 PM
veteran
veteran
Yeah, looks like it died ;(
I hope there will be mirros <_<

Can someone post a changelog? Even if it's german only, I'll try to translate things via g00gle >_>

Last edited by Kein; 11/09/09 06:17 PM.
Kein #384842 11/09/09 06:37 PM
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Kein
Yeah, looks like it died ;(
I hope there will be mirros <_<

Can someone post a changelog? Even if it's german only, I'll try to translate things via g00gle >_>

Patch-notes:

- Sorting function for items in the inventory and in a few other menues implemented
- Improvement of texture quality
- More options in the graphic options menu
- 3 new custom buttons for the aiming system
- Crashes caused by the fading system fixed
- Navigation-path improved for big creatures like trolls or demons
- Performance for single core-processors improved and an extra option in the graphics options implemented
- Problem with aiming of story-NPCs has been fixed
- "Always running" when frequently using pause/running buttons has been fixed
- Fading system has been improved

This is a good training for my English-studies! My pleasure! smile

Last edited by Phnx; 11/09/09 06:39 PM.

Welche Sprache spricht der Baum in Aleroth?
Warning, Spoiler:
Altel-Fisch!
Phnx #384846 11/09/09 06:53 PM
veteran
veteran
"Fading"? Do you meant "FADE"? The latter is a copy protection system from Codemasters.

Kein #384849 11/09/09 06:57 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm thinking it means that items will no longer pop into view

Kein #384856 11/09/09 07:13 PM
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Kein
"Fading"? Do you meant "FADE"? The latter is a copy protection system from Codemasters.

It's no translation as it is the English term (I guess). I think you can call it LOD system. If that's more clear.

Welche Sprache spricht der Baum in Aleroth?
Warning, Spoiler:
Altel-Fisch!
veteran
veteran
Err...
Anyway, can someone post a full changelog from patch? Or, better, convert it to UTF-8/Unicode and upload a .txt somewhere :P
Thanks.

Kein #384867 11/09/09 08:03 PM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
That is the patch note from the patch.

btw, Lar_q and everyone at Larian, superb job with the patch. I loaded up one of my save games, and the it ran so much smoother.
thankyou

And the new graphics options are very nice and extensive indeed. Though I think AA is still not working, but TBH I really haven't focused on looking for that yet, been too busy enjoying the game (I have been waiting for the new patch to continue playing for weeks now...)

@Lar_q: can you give us some idea of what features of the new patch will only be activated by starting a new game please?

Edit: I just noticed (after having been playing for over an hour :blush:) that you guys added the MANUAL TARGETTING SYSTEM!!! aargh I would give you all many hug if I didn't live so darn far away! frown

Last edited by lethial; 11/09/09 08:16 PM.
lethial #384877 11/09/09 08:34 PM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I can't access the official web site.

It just doesn't load.

So much about a "server hit" ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
lethial #384887 11/09/09 09:04 PM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Okay here are the things that I have noticed in the new patch (I am running on Extreme setting with only shadow set to medium)

1. More graphics options
2. Much smoother performance. (No more FPS slow down at the menu or inventory screens! And no more laggy mouse when the dialog selection screen comes up. claphands ) Though there is still very noticeable stuttering when you are running around in the world. (It is the worst in heavily wooded areas. And strangely, my FPS never dipped below 35 FPS, and SLI setting for my 295 GTX doesn't change the behavior.)
3. Better inventory textures. And in-game textures in general. They are much much more detailed now! Seriously they are gorgeous! up

4. MANUAL TARGETTING system! You can bind keys to "tab" target! cheer
5. Difficulty option added.
6. Much longer view range (at highest setting).
7. Swimming animation is improved. Your character actually swim in water (for the most part) rather than "floating" on top of water.
8. Water looks "livelier." Water in river has a better flowing animation.
7. (Not sure if this is completely new, but it definitely wasn't working for me before) You can access selections using the number keys.

9. Did I mention much more detailed textures? At the highest settings, everything in the game looks so much more detailed. I could swear that under different lighting, your character and esp. your minion even has a very artistic "cell shade" look to them.
10. I don't know if this is true or not, but the initial CD check seem to be shorter. Perhaps a securom update? (Also, exiting the game is much much faster now)

Edit2:
10. New and much faster box destruction animation with PhysX enabled.

Though, I have encountered few issues. I will only mention the ones that are graphic related since I am playing the "modified" version of the game. (Edit: btw, to those that have also purchased the German version of the game, you'll be happy to know that the "PhysX version mismatch dialog box is actually in English now! smile )

1. Stuttering problem as I mentioned above in RED
2. Minions does NOT cast shadow, even with the highest shadow setting.

that is it for now. I will test some more.

Last edited by lethial; 11/09/09 09:59 PM.
lethial #384905 12/09/09 02:24 AM
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Some updates about the stuttering. It seem to be caused by the fact that the game isn't given enough time in between each frame updates.
As a result, if the FPS is well above 30 FPS most of the time, the game will "stutter" frequently so it can "catch up" and give the gfx card the "right" frames to render and display.

The side affect of this is that you might actually get a smoother game performance at higher gfx settings... smile

While playing around with every single settings of my gfx card, I noticed that when I got a setting where the FPS was consistently around (little bit below ) 30fps, the stuttering of the game was greatly reduced. At below 27fps-ish the stuttering was gone, but ofc, the sluggishness of having such a low FPS kicks in. wink

I will have to play around with the FPS capper program tomorrow. [color:#33CCFF]But a question to the folks at Larian:[/color]

Does the Div 2 engine support tripple buffering? If so, please expose the option to enable it, and also the option to toggle Vsync.

thanks

Last edited by lethial; 12/09/09 02:24 AM.
lethial #384907 12/09/09 02:52 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
lethial thanks a bunch for posting your impressions. Bad part is that now i cant wait even more to play the game :P

Last edited by KnightPT; 12/09/09 02:53 AM.
KnightPT #384909 12/09/09 03:36 AM
addict
addict
Thanks for the update, lethial. up

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Glad I could be of any help. At this rate, I have no doubt that the game will be even more awesome by December. I will definitely buy another copy, though I just hope there will be a English CE too smile

lethial #384963 12/09/09 11:21 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
We mirrored the patch to our servers, so more people can get it. Where are the times when games used to be so much smaller than this patch... wink

Download:
http://www.patches-scrolls.de/divinity2.php#102

Matthias

Never tiring
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard