Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#381597 30/08/09 04:16 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi all i have done it after 40+ hours to finish the game with 85% solved secrets and so on.
But i have to say that after lv25 i had no hard time playing exept in dragon form.
I was a warrior with this stats:
Vitality:91
Spirit:4
Ineligence:1
Dexterity:3
Strenght:83
Equip was the warrior set 7 or more items is full set dont remember anymore.
Anyways after lv25 as told up there it was so easy to kill enemys i used 2h sword and any enemy died from 2-3max hits.Rush attack did 2,5k damage on crit i mean lol.Its an easy game if my voice is asked.I play rpg games for over 10 years and this one has the story that just one other rpg can hold with and thats gothic 1 and 2+exp,3+exp too but gameply bad.
Hope the exp for divinity 2 will be harder.
Another bad thing tryed playing as mage and there is no stuff or what a mage should got,where are the 2h axes,maces that would make divinity 2 a 9,5 from 10 on rating list.

Well the difficulty strongly depends on your character build wink
The warrior is be far the most easiest.

Try a full mage (with few warrior skills) or a ranger and it will become somewhat harder. And yes, I also missed staffs, clubs, maces or some useless but stylish robes grin

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
now im playing again and im a ranger and i can tell that my hp is not droping below 70% and they cant even come to me to hit me once lol.I decided now to make an everything build maybe it will be harder then lol.

journeyman
journeyman
Its official that larian will release in the next few days a new patch that will get a new dificulty settings to adjust to your taste, try them out in a couple days to check if its harder smile

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
nice i really need such thing.Will wait then but question what about save game?I know like in gothic 3 u had to un equip all when apply new patch same think here or?

Yeah I think it's a good guess to assume non-compatibility with older savegames, since the patch will also address graphics/animations, balancing and more.

And btw I had also no real problems with a ranger build, but in the German section there are many people claiming problems and higher difficulty with such a build.

Originally Posted by Jasmin_Heretic
nice i really need such thing.Will wait then but question what about save game?I know like in gothic 3 u had to un equip all when apply new patch same think here or?

As far as I know savegames will be backwards-compatible.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ech_Heftag we dont got problems because we are rpg fans,players for long like anybody else.who is new he will have problems with warrior too lol.

Hehe, yeah... might be quite true xD

Anyway, hopefully the 1.02 patch will add new challenges and difficulties to the game hehe

@ Greever: Backwards-compatibility is always a good thing, but I will start my 1.02 game right away from the beginning wink

i havent had any problem with ranger or warrior.. somehow with warrior its easier to play for me after ranger

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Jasmin_Heretic
Hi all i have done it after 40+ hours to finish the game with 85% solved secrets and so on.
But i have to say that after lv25 i had no hard time playing exept in dragon form.
I was a warrior with this stats:
Vitality:91
Spirit:4
Ineligence:1
Dexterity:3
Strenght:83

Well, with such high vitality & strength it's no wonder... wink

I played as warrior too but raised dexterity & intelligence until they were at "normal" levels... I didn't like my 'hero' to be dumb and clumzy.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
That is bad its not like for example lionheart or acranum where int is using a high role in game.I remember in lionheart you can finish the game with diplomatic speech lol,finished end boss with a speech and thats crazy awesome.That need good rpgs...

Jep, totally agree... always nice to have conversation skills and alternative options for boss fights. But at the same time this is not really the style of the Divinity games, they're more focused on combat, exciting quests and interesting characters.
So I'm very comfortable with the current game design grin

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard