Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Illusia Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
I have played this game for a little bit now and it refuses to let me save or change to dragon form I just die...I am so annoyed. I have already planned to buy the game in December when it is released, but I don't understand why its not working now...

Waiting for game to be released in states to purchase
Support
Support

um... you plan to buy it in December, or you plan to buy it again when the English version is release in December? suspicion

I have not been following the help forum much to avoid spoilers, but IIRC someone else had a problem with switching to dragon form that someone said could be related to copy protection. Try without a no-DVD crack, or try the DVD in your lowest drive letter optical drive (apparently the copy protection can get picky about which drive it will accept).

Have you made any changes recently with drivers or programs that may be running in the background, etc?

S
stranger
stranger
S
The guy that mentioned that was me smile but admins closed my topic...
Had the same problem with dragon form ... i used stone or i used (q) quick key the game window poped up and sayed erros 42 and my character died ... and im using a no-dvd crack aswell but i dont have the game mounted in any simulator becouse i don't have to to play it ... but it still happens that i die when saving or changing so now im stucked after about 40 hours of playing frown DARN! AND THE BEST PART OF THE GAME WAS OT COME! frown
so is anyone has a solution plz respond smile

old hand
old hand
Slov, you cannot play this game using a no-dvd crack. The copy protection is killing your character off and corrupted your saved game so you need to start over when you get a legal copy.

Don't ask for help on how to pirate their game game on their own forum. I mean this is like a drop kick in the gut here...

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/09/09 01:15 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Don't ask for help on how to pirate their game game on their own forum.

Isn't that funny? :o
It is like: "hey buddy, I stole your car, but it doesn't work! Wtf? Help me!"

S
stranger
stranger
S
smile well it was worht trying laugh ... if it is of any consult the game owns laugh nice work on game development and bad bad larian on sutch a protection laugh

veteran
veteran
Bad Larian (to be more correct - not a Larian, but the publisher) because they wanted to protect their game from pirating? The stupidest thing I evar heard.

But I agree that secuROM + FADE was the bad choice since even legit users suffers from that alliance of protection as well.

old hand
old hand
As a customer, copy protection is viewed as another headache to deal with and having to pay for it.

As a developer, copy protection is a chance to weaken the piracy so people will be forced to buy the game to play it.

Would you not want to stop someone from stealing your stuff? Don't call Larian "bad" for trying to earn a living while we have fun with their product.

EDIT: my personal view is copy protection is a waste. Though I can see why anyone would at least try to protect their product and cannot blame them for earning what they deserve. Calling them "bad" just really pissed me off because they are good people that bust their ass making games like they should be made. The publisher has to promote the product, create the boxes, books, DVD's and earn a living too.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/09/09 09:34 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
S
stranger
stranger
S
Ok ... A
childish word ''bad'' was used in a sarcastick ways and smyles were added to point that i was joking
and B
those over rich motherf* don't have my sympaties at all, all electronic products are already overpayed and that is the main reason piracy began, becouse big ass firms put a price on games to fill their already full pockets with more money. Trust me nobody in game buisnness is strugling for his survival ... they all live a rich life but are too gready and invented those protections so they could get even more money and buy themselves that one extra ferrary wink

apprentice
apprentice
Good point Slov. Much like every shops in the town, too high a price in every item sold. you know how much they buy the shoes in batch? you know how much they charge the customers for each pair? you know how much it cost to create a song? and how much they charge for it?

next time you should just rob the town Slov, and be pround of it, because everything are already overpaid, including your parents who used that money to raise you, and you live too rich a life to be playing computer games...

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Slovenac
Trust me nobody in game buisnness is strugling for his survival ... they all live a rich life

I think it was Lar from Larian (the boss himself) who recently said in a post that if there weren't enough buyers of Divinity 2, then there might not be another Divinity game ever ... You could try Monkey Labs instead, then. wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
stranger
stranger
S
Yeah couse they would focus their finances into another game franchize, not becouse the company would bancrot, but again he tried to say : '' i'm sorry Divinity fans there is not enough of u to make the game development worth it so we will do something else'' smile
again ... to make more money laugh

Trust me I have my share of original games and music cd's, mainly music from my favourite bands who i support ... but im not gonna buy cd from someone whose one song i like smile ... and i'm not gonna buy original game if the cd-key doesen't offer me limitless interactual internet experience like strategy games are doing with their battle-nets and so on ... just to buy the game finish it in let's say 60 hours and than what? wasted 40€ to see the original cover on my desk?

S
stranger
stranger
S
But again the game really impresed me i was the first of dininity i played and it angers me that i'm not able to finish it so ... i'm forced to buy it now smile and we'll all be happy than exept my wallet

veteran
veteran
smile well it was worht trying laugh ... if it is of any consult the game owns laugh nice work on game development and bad bad larian on sutch a protection laugh

If you don't want more games from our team in the future, keep on pirating...
Your choice wink

veteran
veteran
Noez! BANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBAN that Slovenac!
HAET!
:o

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm not a programer so i don't pirate game ... but if i have a choice of getting an absoultly perfect game without flaws from the internet for free instead of buying it for 40€ (usuall price for new games) ... i'm sure you can understand my situation of choosing the free one ... but congrats for the security sistem so now i'm off to stores ... gonna finish this game one way or another wink

S
stranger
stranger
S
And kein bite me wink
stating my oppinion thats all that's what formus are all about

old hand
old hand
Larian isn't a huge over payed rich corporation like Micro$oft. They are far more vulnerable then the corporate sect because they sell games. Not something that businesses will buy and use to make a profit. Not like an anti-virus company where people will buy in the masses and use to keep their computers safe (or at least try).

There have been loads of small software companies in the USA like Larian that just went under due to piracy. Back in the day where someone bought a $20 game on floppy, made copies and sold for $5. The original developer never got paid and went under. No point in continuing if they cannot put bread on the table. Usually large corporations like Norton and Microsoft bought these smaller companies out to use their programming technology.

The only difference going on today then what happened back in the floppy disk day is piracy is free download it yourself and far more traceable.

If Larian was a huge corp. don't you think they'd have released like 20 games since 2002?

Last edited by LightningLockey; 15/09/09 05:14 AM.

veteran
veteran
I'm not a programer so i don't pirate game ... but if i have a choice of getting an absoultly perfect game without flaws from the internet for free instead of buying it for 40€ (usuall price for new games) ... i'm sure you can understand my situation of choosing the free one ... but congrats for the security sistem so now i'm off to stores ... gonna finish this game one way or another wink

That would be great, really. Because you aren't working for free either, are you? wink
That's the sad part about the whole situation: gamers who play pirated games do not realize (some do however...) that you can ruin a company with this bad habit. We have been working for a looooong time to present you div2 today (and in some territories sooner or later wink ). Please don't ruin our future.

veteran
veteran
lynn has explained how things works better >_>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard