Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
A
veteran
veteran
A
Sacred 2 was developed as an multiplayer game. On the RPC one developer once told me that then the solo game is in fact multiplayer - only that there is just 1 player logged on on the game's server.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
The first Sacred game was quite Divinity like, IIRC.

veteran
veteran
Fable 3 (or 2) is not worth my time !! I sell it back with ALL pleasure !!
Fable is a "fable" !!
(I wish it never excist at all, but sadly ... I once pay for it ... ! mad )

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
Oblivion.

stranger
stranger
Siege of Avelon
goddamit that game really sucked...

[Linked Image]
addict
addict
I liked both Sacred games, and Oblivion (properly modded), and Siege of Avalon. Heck I guess my standards are lower than others.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I liked Siege Of Avalon, too. It was so much ... different. Both in setting and in its performance ... although it used certain Action-RPG elemnts ...

and I like Fable I as well to some extend. However, what i o NOT like at all there is the auto-levelling of the enemies and the "Arch-Enemy" sub-plot ...

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Well, I have two candidates ^_^

Some years ago, I tried to reconcile with JRPGs, so I bought a PSP game called "Dragoneer's Aria". It was... awful. Terrible. Incredible boring, full of clichés, with a completely broken magic-system, and so on. Now I can say that "Dragoneer's Aria" managed not only to make reconciliation impossible, but also killed my expectations for the JRPGs in the future. Anyway, I must admit that the music was beatiful ^_^

And, knowing that probably some people would kill me... Ultima 2 Revenge of the Enchantress was a terrible disappointment. I tried to like the game; I loved the first and the third part... but this sequel was extremely confusing, brutally difficult, and very, very annoying. Fortunatelly the franchise got better and better from here ^_^

Also, in a side note...not the worst RPGs I played, but Dragon Age 2 and Oblivion are, without doubt, the two great disappointments I had with the genre.

old hand
old hand
Sacred 2? Yeah, that was horrible. They give you a massive world to explore but the quests are fetch quests and there's hundreds of enemies every inch you step.

old hand
old hand
I like Sacred 1, it is quite Divinity like and has some really wacky characters to play with (vampiress, demoness among them) but yeah, Sacred 2 was a massive letdown - basically an offline MMO.

If I'm not mistaken, the game originally was even meant to be an MMO.

old hand
old hand
Haggh! Urhgh! Argh!

Huaaaaaaaaaaaarghhh...

Last edited by Demonic; 10/07/12 10:54 PM.
stranger
stranger
For me it would be Diablo 3, Fable 3, Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3.

Support
Support

I sense a pattern...

My brother recently got Diablo 3, and thinks it is great fun (even though he isn't fond of the streamlined and dumbed down aspects). Between installing the game, creating a battlenet account and downloading a very large required update, it took him 3 days to get to play, and then the router he was using died (just the internet access for the single player mode was enough for me to give it a pass). A week ago his monk was level 9, and he had yet to use a potion.

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

I sense a pattern...

Welcome to the forum. wave

thankyou for the welcome laugh

and yep the pattern would be Big Publishers devastating good franchises.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just played the demo of Realms of Ancient War on the PS3. What a pile of wank that was. See reviews to see what I mean - it's an average isometric view RPG which could have been much better if it were not lacking some basic features.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by virumor
I like Sacred 1, it is quite Divinity like and has some really wacky characters to play with (vampiress, demoness among them) but yeah, Sacred 2 was a massive letdown - basically an offline MMO.

If I'm not mistaken, the game originally was even meant to be an MMO.

I did wonder why it set up its own server just for me: that would explain it. I actually rather liked Sacred 2, I thought it had a great atmosphere and didn't take itself too seriously, but I can understand why people might not like it. The mobs could be wearying and the story wasn't the most coherent for a start.

J'aime le fromage.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Sacred 1 was planned as an TDE game - you still can see TDE-related assets in it.

I never played Sacred 2 so far because the "Gold" version (containing the Add-On) is still expensive ...

But I had once played the demo on the RPC and found the concept of the "Guardian" very interesting ... He kind of reminds me of the Warforged of DDO nowadays ...

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 06/10/12 07:18 PM.

--Dilbert cartoon

stranger
stranger
Easy question...Game of Thrones ! (both of them)
Given what a goldmine of lore the books (and HBO series) are and the HUGE fanbase this story already brings to the table, the RPG games could have been epic.
The first game is complete trash pile, the second one is only marginally better and still a waste of time and money and this is not only according to me but the critics, fans and every game review I've seen.
The battle mechanics are awkward and clumsy, the storyline is all over the place and it really is a shame when you look at similar games like The Witcher 2 and so many others that are just so much better, where the devs had so much less to work with than GoT did at the start.
Who knows ? Maybe they'll try it a third time and produce something good but I have my doubts at this point.

stranger
stranger
Neverwinter Night..seriously this game it's overrated a lot, the story it's plate, the AI it's a shame and the variety of the world game it's..it's ridiculous;
Ok, maybe the particularity of the title is on the web community, mod, multiplayer sessions etc.. but damn, who the hell had a great connectivity in the 2002, plus this dosen't justify the release of an incomplete game or poor of contents.
On the other hand this game helped me a lot, from then I never trusted a review or judgment any more.

veteran
veteran
Have to agree that NWN1 was rubbish.

Whoever thought of taking a game system (AD&D) designed for 6-8 characters and trying to make the next Diablo out of it was not thinking very clearly (That's the nice version! laugh ).

The original release was also really buggy.

It may have been a great tool set, but it was a lousy game.

Please click the banner...
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard