#384868 11/09/09 08:13 PM
L
LzK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
HI!

I don't know if this is casual for everybody, but it is first time I have become too rich laugh !
I guess that game has been generous with me :P I have bought like 500 restoration potions and don't know what to spend on any more laugh . I havent duplicated anything

Yeah I know i'm show off laugh , but just wanted to share!

Oh, and my main weapon and armor cost 10K-50K each xD laugh

Waiting for someone to top that laugh..ofcourse in first world, not in wastelands(i beleave it is called that..u know.. the desert filled with imps)..because there are mutch more expencive stuff to sell :P

Here are 2 pic :
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by LzK; 11/09/09 08:13 PM.
LzK #384880 11/09/09 08:39 PM
apprentice
apprentice
then u can start macing every body 100% posotive

"smile"

Alea iacta est

muhhahah #384891 11/09/09 09:15 PM
Support
Support

Gold does become easy to get later in the game, especially if you loot everything that isn't nailed down, repair damaged equipment before selling it, etc. Even buying spellbooks and silver charms pretty much whenever they are offered you shouldn't run out of gold (though you will eventually if you do the same with the 50k gold charms in the wastelands).
I did buy a couple pieces of equipment, but most of what I used throughout the game was found or dropped.

Before hitting the gong, I had 29 stacks of 50k gold, 6 gold (very large) charms, 59 silver (large), 24 red (medium), 19 blue (minor) and 1 green (weak) charm.

My inventory at the end of the game included 66 gold charms (the extra were about half bought and half found), 1154 minor restoration potions and 650 regular restoration potions.
I found / made 83 super restoration potions, but traded them for a gold charm and a couple spell books. Amazing how many potions you can collect if you buy them when selling stuff, and stick the excess in a chest somewhere. Also, I set up my home base in the council hall, to take advantage of the health/mana shrines; while they still worked I rarely used potions.

I also had;
the portable bed (not used in the wastelands)
Frog, Spider, Bee(tle) and Cat Statuettes
a pair of boots, gloves and a ring with Repair +1
a pair of gloves, amulet and ring with Trader's Tongue +1 (not useful for Kroxy, but good for buying charms earlier in the game)
a belt with Identify +1
an amulet with Pickpocket +1, Spellshield +1 and Elemental Bold +1

Raze #384916 12/09/09 07:21 AM
L
LzK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Wow Raze o.O..nothing else from me to say laugh ..I havent bought anything(exept potions, cause i don't like making them my self) and have sold everything i ever found, but i still couldnt get so rich as you say you were...

And this is the first time i hear about the Beetle Statue..where could i get one..havent seen anybody droping this and i have play the game like 5 times trough..

Also laugh ..how did you fit 6 gold 59 silver o.O 19 blue and 1 green charm in your inventory..im having problem with fiting things ..is there any way that i can make my inventory box bigger ???

LzK #384940 12/09/09 09:48 AM
Support
Support

If you resurrect a group of opponents (or one strong one) then run or teleport away, they will turn hostile and you can return to kill them again (for more experience and/or loot). This can get boring fast, though, unless you just resurrect and leave them for the next time you happen by (say with groups of lizard men in the Dark Forest, who have a small chance of dropping gold charms). I played with this a bit in Iona's dungeon, with a guardian by the teleporter pad (that always dropped something half decent when killed), but not nearly enough to account for an extra 13 stacks of 50k gold and 18 silver charms. Mostly I just used this to make sure I went up a level before getting a level bonus (wishing well or imp world jug), to maximize the experience points received.

You can buy ale from Rimmer for something like 10 gold and sell it for 50, though buying it is rather slow since it needs to be done through conversation options. A long time ago someone made an unreasonable sounding claim about how fast gold could be gotten this way, so I used a macro program to test it out. I don't recall how much I made, but it couldn't have been more than 20k at the most (I had the macro loop until my character got close to his weight capacity, which took about 10 or 15 minutes). I should have reloaded after this, but didn't realize until playing for another while that this experiment resulted in the conversation log loading a little slower.

There is only one Beetle statuette in the game (the description says bee, but it turns you into a beetle).
You can get it by killing the talking tree in the Dark Forest, which can only be done using Buad's tea, from the cellar of the alchemist in Verdistis. Standing moderately near the talking tree, you can drag and drop an open barrel of tea onto the tree to kill it. Click on an open barrel to close it if you wish to put it on the ground or otherwise move it around, or it will break and possibly damage your character.

I sorted everything into multiple chests (see here). There is an exploit you can use to carry excess weight, which can be used to just load up on chests of stuff before heading to the wastelands, etc. There is a potential problem with this, though, so you need to save first to be able to easily recover if there is an issue.

weight bug and disappearing chests (broken links are fixed in a reply, and the screenshot links re-fixed in another)

Raze #384950 12/09/09 10:27 AM
L
LzK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Looking at your chests filled with goodies made me feel like somone from the Poor Quarter laugh

Raze #385471 14/09/09 08:05 PM
veteran
veteran
How on Rivellon did you get THAT much gold?

I really need a lot of money (without cheating). I'm hoping to be able to equip a full set of 40 gold charms (8 armor/weapons * 5 charm slots each) in the endgame, most of which will be +Magic so I can get an extra 1-2000 magic reserve.

It's probably unlikely I'll get that far, though. Not only will that cost a fortune, but there'll be a lot of time spent waiting for new charms to show up in merchants.

Originally Posted by Raze

There is only one Beetle statuette in the game (the description says bee, but it turns you into a beetle).
You can get it by killing the talking tree in the Dark Forest, which can only be done using Buad's tea, from the cellar of the alchemist in Verdistis. Standing moderately near the talking tree, you can drag and drop an open barrel of tea onto the tree to kill it. Click on an open barrel to close it if you wish to put it on the ground or otherwise move it around, or it will break and possibly damage your character.

I remember looking for the cellar, but I don't think I could find it.

Stabbey #385479 14/09/09 08:41 PM
Support
Support

You can get gold by looking everything, using the resurrect trick to repeatedly kill a strong opponent that always drops something, quicksave and reload for chests, etc, to make sure you get better quality loot/equipment, repair equipment before selling....

The game tends to get easier as it progresses, so you will not likely need a full compliment of gold charms. Also, a hotkey for restoration potions should take care of your mana reserve issues.

The charms I bought were just checking several merchants when dropping off loot, selling stuff, etc. If I was selling stuff and had the patience I sometimes reloaded to try to get spellbooks or charms, but even then narrowing it down to specific charm types would have dramatically cut back on the numbers.

The cellar's hatch
is beside and partly under one of the beds (screenshot) in the alchemist's house, south west of the Verdistis park.

Raze #385711 16/09/09 12:33 AM
veteran
veteran
No, no, I've already got restoration potions hotkeyed. I want enough +100 mana gold charms so that I can have one to two THOUSAND mana in the last part of the game. Right now I only have like 400, and I go through that like crazy. (I abused quickloading to get a +100 mana one from when you first meet Zandalor).

Do the lizards in the sewers drop gold charms as well as the dark forest ones?

I'm busy abusing quickloading to find at least one spellbook from every house which has one. I had Rank 3 Elemental Hail by level 5. (that REALLY helped with the first dungeon).

Thanks for the screenshot.

Stabbey #385715 16/09/09 02:57 AM
Support
Support

The lizards in the Verdistis sewers can also drop gold charms, but you can get larger groups in the dark forest. The chances of getting a charm are pretty small, so the more lizards you can group together, the better. Of the 6 gold charms I had before the wastelands, one was from the dragon rider that Zandalor kills near the start of the game, one was from the talking tree, and only 4 were dropped or found. Admittedly I only resurrected groups of lizards a couple times before switching to just resurrecting them, and killing / resurrecting them again the next time I happened by, but I think it would take awhile to build up any significant number of gold charms this way.
The imps, among others, in the wastelands can also drop gold charms (I got about 30 without using resurrect).

If you don't mind a relatively slow process, Heaven's Gift can give you a practically unlimited supply of potions, low level loot and gold. At level 2 or 3 (don't recall) you can get regular health and mana potions, which you can then mix (with Alchemy level 1) to get a restoration potion to re-fill your mana, so with a moderate supply of mana to start with, the spell can be cast repeatedly as long as your right mouse button can hold out.
I didn't test the loot value per minute of this, but I would think resurrecting a strong opponent that always drops something and using your teleporter stones to quickly move out of range and back to re-kill it repeatedly would probably be faster.

On a related note, if you want to sell things faster than merchants restock their inventories, the dwarven jeweler can help you out; see New Money Trick found.

Raze #385789 16/09/09 02:44 PM
veteran
veteran
Thanks for the tips. I'll make sure to pick up Resurrect from my next bookshelf. When they go hostile, do they still have the reduced stats from when they were resurrected, or do they get their regular stats back?

And do you happen to know what character level +10 Attribute and +100 Vitality/Magic start appearing on magic items? I just reached level 18 and am thinking about picking up a set of 5-charm slot:

Boots of the Vampire from the Vampire cave

Right now, I can see +8 Attribute/+80 mana on items, so if I can wait until level 20 for a chance at an even better item, I may as well.

Stabbey #385842 16/09/09 07:10 PM
Support
Support

I don't know if resurrected creatures keep the same stats when they go hostile or revert back to normal, but I assume the former. I had Resurrect at level 5 from found or purchased spell books before I tried it out for the first time (in Iona's dungeon), and never checked the stats of creatures before or after resurrecting (or at any other time, for that matter).
A temporary save and iZakaroN's SaveEditor (or from Kiya's site, with description), if needed to get the skill points, could let you learn Resurrect and Know Creature to test this out.

I'm not sure what character level that 10 stat and 100 magic/vitality bonuses start showing up. I primarily went for damage / armour class when looking for equipment, and then stat/vitality/magic bonuses, then other bonuses. If you don't mind a little lower armour class, then you should be able to get better bonuses, but requiring 5 charm slots will likely narrow your choices quite a bit.
I got a couple items in the wastelands with 100 Vitality / 60 Magic and 10 strength, respectively (see spoiler below). I did much of Rivertown and Verdistis before going to the castle, and cleared the Rivertown sewers. After that I went to the dark forest.
I think I cleared a fair chunk of Rivertown before entering the dark cave, and got 80 for both vitality and magic on the boots of the vampire. In the castle I got three stat bonuses on the dragon shield (2, 6 and 8) and 80 vitality. In the council hall I got 8 and 10 stat bonuses and 100 vitality on a helmet, and then 80 vitality and magic on some armour. After clearing much of the Dark Forest, I got dragon gloves with 3 minor stat bonuses and 80/60 vitality/magic. For the dragon breastplate I got two stat bonuses of 6 each and 60/100 vitality/magic; after the upgrade it was no stat bonuses and 100/60 vitality/magic (with a higher armour class and other bonuses). My dragon helmet had 40/100 vitality/magic.

Not really a spoiler, but here is s list of some of my equipment:
Breastplate Of The Dragonheart

Durability 12
Charm Quality 3
Armour 440
2 Defense
100 Vitality
60 Magic
15 Resistance to Fire
40 Resistance to Lightning
15 Resistance to Spirit
4 Hearing
Survivors Instinct +1

Breastplate Of The Dragon - before the upgrade

Durability 30
Charm Quality 1
Armour 390
6 Strength
6 Intelligence
60 Vitality
100 Magic
15 Resistance to Lightning
15 Resistance to Poison
2 Hearing
Heaven's gift +1

Shield Of The Dragon

Durability 45
Charm Quality 2
Armour 280
2 Strength
6 Agility
8 Constitution
80 Vitality
20 Resistance to Fire
10 Resistance to Poison
3 Hearing
Elven Stamina +1
Deadly Gift +1

Helmet Of The Dragon

Durability 26
Charm Quality 2
Armour 450
4 Strength
40 Vitality
100 Magic
40 Resistance to Fire
40 Resistance to Spirit
2 Sight
3 Hearing
Alchemy +1

Gloves Of The Dragon

Durability 28
Charm Quality 1
Armour 220
4 Agility
2 Intelligence
2 Constitution
80 Vitality
60 Magic
20 Resistance to Lightning
4 Sight
4 Hearing
Aura Of Command +1

Boots Of The Vampire - from the vampire cave

Durability 10
Charm Quality 5
Armour 70
2 Defense
80 Vitality
80 Magic
Identify +1

Closed Helmet - from the council hall

Durability 14
Charm Quality 2
Armour 200
8 Agility
10 Constitution
100 Vitality
15 Resistance to Lightning
10 Resistance to Poison

Dwarven Plate Armour - from the council hall

Durability 15
Charm Quality 3
Armour 340
2 Intelligence
80 Vitality
80 Magic
5 Resistance to Lightning

Raze #385851 16/09/09 07:37 PM
veteran
veteran
Doing a quick test, it looks like when Resurrected enemies go hostile when you leave an area, their stats DO reset back to normal, even with just Resurrect rank 1. That means you can resurrect infinitely without them ending up unresurrectable.

Having "Attribute +10" / "Magic or Vitality +100" appear on magic items at level 20 would fit a pattern:

Level 00 - 2/20
Level 05 - 4/40
Level 10 - 6/60
Level 15 - 8/80
Level 20 - 10/100?

I'm not going to reload a million times trying to go for 10/100, I would accept much lower stats, but I am pretty close to level 20, so I may as well wait. I'm kinda doing an experiment to see how much you can overpower youself without technically cheating. (And WITHOUT using Death Scorpions, Poison Weapon, and Freeze on a weapon)

Right now my best vampire boots are 5 charm, +100 Armor, +2 constitution, +40 magic

Stabbey #389991 27/10/09 06:39 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
how do you get a vampire boot with 5 charm quality? mine is only 2??
i did a quick check, my vampire boots stats are nowhere as great as yours. Does that mean that i have to upgrade it?

Last edited by Zaypher; 27/10/09 07:02 AM.
Zaypher #389993 27/10/09 07:32 AM
Support
Support

Stats on equipment are random. The vampire boots can not be upgraded; only the dragon and silver breastplates can be 'upgraded', though the new stats are not necessarily going to be better than the old (you can buy back the original dragon breastplate, if you wish).

If you quick save before running your mouse over an item/chest/merchant or hitting the alt key, you can identify the item or trade with the merchant, then quick load to get different stats or inventory. This can be done repeatedly to get the best stats or specific bonuses on an item (save after finding good candidates) or looking for specific items (such as spellbooks or charms) from merchants. Don't waste too much time with this, though, it really isn't necessary to get the best possible equipment.

Raze #389994 27/10/09 08:02 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
alright. probably if i replay this game in future, i'll do that.

Zaypher #390047 27/10/09 09:14 PM
veteran
veteran
Oh, I discovered that +10 Attribute/+100 Vitality(Magic) seem to only start showing up after you reach level 30, but even then they're still very very rare.

Stabbey #390057 28/10/09 04:53 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
that means, if you're higher level, you'll get better stats for an item?
i was below level 20 when i identified the boots of vampire. anw, my boots has only +30 Vitality and 2 charm quality etc. frown
Thati s a huge difference from 100 vitality ;(

Zaypher #390058 28/10/09 05:20 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Raze, regarding your boots of vampire with the following:-
Durability 10
Charm Quality 5
Armour 70
2 Defense
80 Vitality
80 Magic
Identify +1

What level you were when u identified it? Thank God i had a save file not too far back before i identified the boots of vampire and now i got 5 charm quality as opposed to 2 charm quality that i had before. But then, the stats are rather poor in comparison. For eg, this boots of mine with 5 charm does not have 20 vitality as opposed to the one with 2 charm frown
i could not get +80 vitality or magic as well. but i got +10 resistance. Similarly the sapphire ring i got from verdat, now i get 5 charm quality but stats are poorer than the one i had.

Zaypher #390100 28/10/09 08:36 PM
Support
Support

The higher level you are (within reason), the better the chance you will get stats in the upper range of what is available for a particular item.

Checking a few old saves, I got the Boots of the Vampire at level 25 or 26.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard