Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shakti Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
A view meters away from my character there starts unsharpening, there are 4 or more rings and the father away the unclearer the view gets. My machine is potent enough, the game runs smooth (except that you cant exit it) but this unsharp view is like blindening, one starts to think if the eyes are still good.

Is there any chance for a patch or ini tweak or anything to unblur the terrain, trees, grass etc. which is more than a few meters away?

Otherwise i dont know how to continue, and that would be a pity.

Support
Support

The 1.02 patch improves the graphics and has additional graphics options. If that doesn't help, you may want to ask in the Help/Tips/Tricks forum, since many people following the general forum have not played the game yet (though some people do follow both).

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
What is that "blur" you're talking about? Care to make a screenshot?

S
Shakti Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thanks for responding, Patch 1.02 is installed.

Actually no screenshot is needed, if you are wearing glasses its like taking your glasses of - vision becomes bad.

Around the hero everything is cristal clear, but a few meters away things are becoming more and more unsharp and blurred. Like the range, in which the grass starts to appear, but this unsharpening starts earlier than the disappearing of the grass.

I was hoping for response from someone from LARIAN, maybe in the graphicoptions.xml and\or graphicsettings.xml is a possibility to enhance the visual quality, at least i hope.

In my graphic driver settings everything is maxed out, RAM is plenty (16GB) ATI 4870x2 should be able to handle the game, but i need advise where to adjust the sharpness for areas starting a few meters away from the hero.

Last edited by Shakti; 23/09/09 06:06 PM.
veteran
veteran
Since I have no clue what are you talking about - screenshot would be nice.
As you already realized I have no such problem. Perhaps under "blur" definition we talking about different things?
idk

journeyman
journeyman
The guy has the same 'blur' problem that happened in The Witcher EE and needed a patch from CDProjeck to be fixed, it was something related to lighting and there was no rule about what combination of PC, driver or card would suffer of it. I suffered it in The Witcher EE (patch fixed it) as I did in Divinity 2, but since I only 'tested' Divi2 I could live with it, I alwyas hoped it would be fixed, but if it still happens with patch 1.2... umm......... not good, the game is unplayable due to the blur.

S
Shakti Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I heard that Divinity 2 uses the gamebryo engine which is used by Bethsoft for Oblivion and Fallout 3, but in both games there was an .ini file to change the graphic parameters.

Especially when you go from the first village to this little farm with the pigs, on the bridge before that farm, when you look to the farm, the blur is terrible.

It is much stronger when you look slightly up to the trees, and less when you look more to the ground.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Shakti

It is much stronger when you look slightly up to the trees, and less when you look more to the ground.

EXACTLY! And in the tutorial area it didn't happen. And wait until you visit the sentinel island.... HORRIBLE!

S
Shakti Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
3 days and no word from larian, i am a little bit disappointed. I was hoping to get at least some word from larian, whatever it would be.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Shakti
I heard that Divinity 2 uses the gamebryo engine which is used by Bethsoft for Oblivion and Fallout 3, but in both games there was an .ini file to change the graphic parameters.

Why, there is: c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Profile\
where C:\ is a system drive (D:\, whatever) and %username% is your account name.

The problem with D2 configs is that it is not like Oblivion/Fallout3, there is not so much options you can tweak manually.

S
Shakti Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Here are 2 screenshots, no need for explanation, i think they speak for themselves.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
And... what's wrong here? The only thing I noticed is a low level of anisotropy filtering which can be tweaked up to 16x in settings.
Sorry, but I failed to notice that "disgusting blur" you've talked about.

old hand
old hand
Shakiti can't you put those images in a spoiler tag.
As it upsets the balance of the window people are viewing this in.
Also somebody may not have superfast broadband luckily I do smile

Support
Support

Or just link to them, rather than using the image tag with the URL tag.
Change (with extra spaces in the tags so it stays in plain text)

[ url=http://url.jpg] [ img]http://url.jpg[ /img] [ /url]

to

[ url=http://url.jpg]text dexcription[ /url]

or recreate the links when editing the post.

Arkray;
Do you have a screenshot from sentinel island? I'm just curious; don't worry about it if you don't still have the game installed or didn't keep your saves.

journeyman
journeyman
Nope, I already uninstalled it, and I always forgot to paste the images when I exited it silly The wrong image of the both posted is the first one, it lacks sharpness everywhere... look at the grass, it does not look at all like the grass in the second image.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard