Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#389688 23/10/09 12:58 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello larian.

I was searching the forums about Crossfire support and i found out the link bellow stating that D2 does NOT support crossfire and will even run slowly on it, so it should be disabled.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...crossfire&topic=0&Search=true#Post366629

Well, i dont mean to be a prick nor complain for the heck of it, but ... honestly, is this true and is it going to be changed soon with a patch or something? Because Dual-card solutions is not as "exotic" as it was 1 year ago and its now very common to a lot of people to have those setups.

Not being able to use my hardware to its fullest in one of my highly anticipated games of the last 5 years is kinda leting me grin a lot.

Its like saying to the xbox dude that bought the game he can't play it in his 40'' TV, only in half the screen because the game doesnt support it oO

Please state if its going to be changed soon. THanks.

addict
addict
Agreed
even if I not understand what he is talking about

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Agreed

There you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_CrossFire

In case you are wondering if its realy worth it :

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5870-crossfirex-test-review/7

A
veteran
veteran
A
Dual-card solutions are just a waste of money to me. Even normal good cards are expensive to/for me. So why bother with a second card at all ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Dual-card solutions are just a waste of money to me. Even normal good cards are expensive to/for me. So why bother with a second card at all ?

yes, why bother have an expensive car if a cheap one does the same, or why bother play a 10 year old game if there are more advanced out there, or why bother post in a forum wasting time?

Answer: SOme people find enjoyment in stuff other people don't.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
Agreed

There you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATI_CrossFire

In case you are wondering if its realy worth it :

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5870-crossfirex-test-review/7

oh
I didn"t read it to end but I think I understand point
you have strong single core RIGHT!!!
and I think this game require dual core

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
journeyman
journeyman
hes not talking about CPU(processor)
but about 2 videocards working together for better performance.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Hello larian.

I was searching the forums about Crossfire support and i found out the link bellow stating that D2 does NOT support crossfire and will even run slowly on it, so it should be disabled.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthr...crossfire&topic=0&Search=true#Post366629

Well, i dont mean to be a prick nor complain for the heck of it, but ... honestly, is this true and is it going to be changed soon with a patch or something? Because Dual-card solutions is not as "exotic" as it was 1 year ago and its now very common to a lot of people to have those setups.

Not being able to use my hardware to its fullest in one of my highly anticipated games of the last 5 years is kinda leting me grin a lot.

Please state if its going to be changed soon. THanks.

I totally agree with you! Please Larian people enable SLI and CROSSFIRE support!

veteran
veteran
Hello hehe

Let me find this out for you and I'll get back soon.

veteran
veteran
Hi all,

I am afraid I don't have good news for you...
At this point it's not possible to support sli/crossfire with the graphics engine.
I can look into more detail for you if you want, because I am not technically skilled enough to explain why not.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lynn
Hi all,

I am afraid I don't have good news for you...
At this point it's not possible to support sli/crossfire with the graphics engine.
I can look into more detail for you if you want, because I am not technically skilled enough to explain why not.

Hey Lynn, thanks. I'm not going to predent i know it all, but providing crossfire/SLI support is not all that hard. Risen, for example, even though it doest not support it either, we basicaly just need to change the executable name for another crossfire enabled game that is somewhat "combatible" to the ATI game profile (fear.exe profile is good for this particular game), and it works 95% witout problems, just a little screen flickering from time to time, but nothing realy bothering.

I could also mention other games' names that work in similar fation. Realy sadening if D2 doesnt come with Crossfire support out-of-the box but i do hope that the fan base gets a workaround as in most cases.

enthusiast
enthusiast
When you get the game, just change the executable to "AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe". If you're lucky, it works. If it doesn't, you're out of luck. Basically same thing as oblivion. No official support, because it is officially not compatible with GameBryo. But you can try and it might work. Just don't complain if something misfires.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by swordscythe
When you get the game, just change the executable to "AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe". If you're lucky, it works. If it doesn't, you're out of luck. Basically same thing as oblivion. No official support, because it is officially not compatible with GameBryo. But you can try and it might work. Just don't complain if something misfires.

Yeah i know, just dont like this workarounds as normaly some flickering starts to happen from time to time.

On Oblivion, i use the UT3.exe profile and its mostly good also, a little better than the AFR-Friendlyd3d profile.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, you'll have to do the same thing. You understand if Larian doesn't say it works, because quite frankly, they can't possibly say.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard