Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Support
Support

There have been no mods, other than a font enlargement patch. There is a save editor and a couple item editors, though (see Kiya's site).

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

There have been no mods, other than a font enlargement patch. There is a save editor and a couple item editors, though (see Kiya's site).

Thanks, I found that site shortly after I posted above. She has some really good images of the different maps and I was able to download the editors. Unfortunately, they won't work on my computer ... I'm playing the game on a Mac. Guess if I want to edit anything I will have to switch to a PC.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. It has even eaten up my Skyrim time!

I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
stranger
stranger
I have found a very useful walkthrough at GameFAQs. Does anyone recognize the author, JaggedJim?

I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Just finished Dragon Commander, should I wait till after D:OS is out to play that so I can play them in chronological order? Or do they not fit together tight enough for it to matter?

Support
Support

D:OS is connected to the backstory of DD, but the games themselves are set a couple hundred years apart, so it shouldn't matter either way.

In the past I've played Divine Divinity using a copy downloaded from GOG. However, since receiving a Steam copy as part of my D:OS order, I'm wondering whether there is currently any version difference which would make it advantageous to download the Steam version. If not, I'll probably use the GOG copy for ease of playing offline.

Thanks for any insights.

Support
Support

The Steam and GOG versions are the same, other than the install methods (I assume the full GOG installer has been updated with the 1.0062 music fix by now). There is nothing preventing you from running the Steam version offline, and you can create a shortcut directly to the executable. That said, if you still have the GOG installer, there isn't much reason to download the Steam version instead.

Many thanks for clarifying the options, Raze. It's somewhat amusing that a game that I've now received twice as a bonus for buying something else is now on my early-install list for a new PC. DD just has a sprightliness to it that I want at my fingertips. smile

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard