Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#390387 31/10/09 11:24 PM
virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It seems the 'boss' Jagon in the poisoned temple was made much more difficult in the English version... in teh German version I beat him effortlessly, but now in English version he hits for 80-100 damage with both his bow & sword... which makes the fight a lot more difficult!

I could still beat him rather easily because I was playing a mage and by taking shelter on a rock, but I don't really know how a warrior character would still be able to beat him without spamming health potions all the time...

I also noticed the same with the assassin boss (Antumbra?) in the Buad Blood quest. It's great that Larian revamped the game and made it more challenging.

Last edited by virumor; 31/10/09 11:30 PM.
Jagon was laughably easy for a pure Warrior. Simply get that skill that increases your attack power by % and decreases your defences, Charge Attack, Thousand Blows(if that`s correct..) and the Life Drain passive skill, that regenerates your HP by some % of the damage you do to the enemy. Not only that, a Warrior IMO is supposed to be all about offence, so get 2-H Sword Mastery for maximum damage aswell and about Enchantments - go for damage auras, especially suggest Shock. There is literaly nothing that can stop you with this.
Edit.
Oh and i forgot, your "pet" better be a ranged one.

Last edited by DeviRyuuD; 01/11/09 01:21 AM.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
addict
addict
Hell yea
Jagon was easy
few magical missiles and he is dead

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Magic blasts, yes. Magic missiles are useless.

addict
addict
Well magical blast is most powerful attack in the game but 15 seconds of cooldown and it kill only 1 enemy
and for 15 seconds I can fire magic missiles 15 times

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 01/11/09 02:26 PM.

virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Use fireball, then when enemies get close, firewall. That's enough to kill everything. Magic missile is a waste of points, in my opinion.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by virumor
Use fireball, then when enemies get close, firewall. That's enough to kill everything. Magic missile is a waste of points, in my opinion.

15 seconds
and firewall 30 seconds

If I don"t kill em I need to wait 15 seconds
NO
Magic missiles+firewall=death
and if you want add confusion for pure win
but if you wanna make your life easy few points in polymorph
but if you wanna control battlefield max charm(XP penalty) and wisdom(more XP) and there you go

virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Like I said in my first post, Jagon is much more powerful in the English version I'm playing. He did 80-100 damage with his bow (I was level 10). So spamming magic missile is useless since you'll be long dead before you take away much of his health. Same goes for Amdusias.

At high levels, a level 10 fireball/firewall (combined with level 10 destruction) kills entire groups of enemies in one go so magic missile is completely useless at that point.

Last edited by virumor; 01/11/09 04:53 PM.
addict
addict
Like I said in my first post, Jagon is much more powerful in the English version I'm playing. He did 80-100 damage with his bow (I was level 10). So spamming magic missile is useless since you'll be long dead before you take away much of his health. Same goes for Amdusias.

At high levels, a level 10 fireball/firewall (combined with level 10 destruction) kills entire groups of enemies in one go so magic missile is completely useless at that point.

Well you are right
I will take fireball only if I find something that give + to fireball
for now my creature is my shield
he die for me so I can spamm missiles

K
stranger
stranger
K
Easy XD? I am at level 11. He kills me with two bows or like two slaches of his sword...

^^' Took me three hours but I defeat him!

stranger
stranger
It's not the English version, it's the newest patch.

konnichiwa how in the hell did you pull that off? I have the same problem (level 9), but I can't seem to even ding him before I die. How did you do it?

Edit

I just beat him. I just spammed jump attack over and over. He can't seem to lock onto you when your in a jump attack.

Last edited by Banbeano; 17/12/09 02:55 PM.
Magic blasts, yes. Magic missiles are useless.

I don't agree. I have Magic Missile lvl. 13 now, combined with Mana Effeciency 5 and Destruction 5. There's a 1 sec cooldown and you do hundreds of damage, and you can hit 4 targets at once. That really is overkill just as much. When fighting a large mob, having only Magic Blast and Firewall might not be enough (ofcourse, by that time, you can use a bow for the remaining enemies). I don't have Magic Blast, but Magic Missele. Works fine, no one can beat me.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
virumor Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
For generic mobs, I found that Fireball kills everything. And if it doesn't, let them come close for a Firewall to clean up.

Magic Blast is useful against single powerful opponents. It does 5,000 damage at level 13 with level 5 destruction. Not much can stand against that.

I never found any need for Magic missile save for the beginning of the game.

G
stranger
stranger
G
hi i have one question?
all in tempel is poisoned i am lvl 10 and poison kill me to 5 seconds what i have to do counter to poison?

i cant kill any skeleton.. becouse i die than i run to him..

apprentice
apprentice
If you read other topics here, you would already know the answer.
Mindread the captain outside she gives you a hint. Also look at the corpses on the ground and the way their blood points to.

Btw i doubt you are high enough lv to defeat jagon. i beleive he's lv 12/13? At even level i had some difficulty with him frown

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
apprentice
apprentice
Jagon is lvl 11, i did manage to beat him as level 9 but with great difficulties i dont recommend that, doing sidequest till you outlevel him makes him absolute joke, jump attack as a warrior seems to work best, actually that attack seems to work well on all of the bosses.

Last edited by TonZa; 03/01/10 03:59 PM.
I am a level 13 warrior with my dex at about 8 and I took him down within about 30 seconds with my bow. Granted my bow is quite uber but hey......

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
apprentice
apprentice
Soooo... You outlevel him wink

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
B
stranger
stranger
B
this is ticking me off so much...i cant defeat him no matter what i do. he heals himself and its too immense! HELP! oh and i cant get out of the dang temple

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Jagon was pretty easy for me...mage hybrid FTW.

Last edited by Vaelth; 13/05/10 07:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard