Print Thread
#391087 06/11/09 06:32 PM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi there!

In the tutorial village i read everyones mind and it was great fun(especially the illusionist :)) but now it cost way too much experience. The "cheapest" m.r. cost 33 experience and i get less for killing a monster out of town(a monster of same level of course). And there are even more expensive readings too. So if i just use m.r. on everyone how weaker(less levels) will i be at the end of the game compared to a character who does not use this ability.

Anyone could suggest me a good ranger "build"? Back in Divine Divinity i just pumped dexterity and added a very little strength on my survivor but dunno if this concept is viable in this game too.

Thanks. /Sorry for my bad english/

Last edited by Szenhidrat; 06/11/09 06:34 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Szenhidrat
Hi there!

In the tutorial village i read everyones mind and it was great fun(especially the illusionist :)) but now it cost way too much experience. The "cheapest" m.r. cost 33 experience and i get less for killing a monster out of town(a monster of same level of course). And there are even more expensive readings too. So if i just use m.r. on everyone how weaker(less levels) will i be at the end of the game compared to a character who does not use this ability.

Anyone could suggest me a good ranger "build"? Back in Divine Divinity i just pumped dexterity and added a very little strength on my survivor but dunno if this concept is viable in this game too.

Thanks. /Sorry for my bad english/

Invest in mindread
everyone will probably say to not invest in mindread but I find that very useful
Don"t mindread everyone,only important people and quicksave before that
that is begining
later you will gain enough XP to mindread without trouble

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
And! The most expensive mindreads are the most usefull ones, the ones that are not as expensive are mostly only for curious people that want to hear funny stuff laugh
So like Raven said, save beforehand and only mindread who's neccesary.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thanks for the mind read tips guys.

Any tips on the ranger question?

addict
addict
well for ranger
ranger strenght
stun arrow
Split arrows
Explosive arrows
evade
way of the ranger

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg
well for ranger
ranger strenght
stun arrow
Split arrows
Explosive arrows
evade
way of the ranger

Thanks Raven.rpg but my question was more on stats than skills.

stranger
stranger
The obvious skill is Dexterity of course.
You need it to qualify for your weapons, and unless you get a bow that deals magic damage, your regular attack damage depend on that stat.
There's also almost no way to get past archers without taking ranged damage, so you'll need the armor boost, too.

I play a ranger myself, and I have to say I'm dependant on a lot of stats.
I require Dex for the reasons above.
Intelligence for Magic armour, since as an archer, you'll be giving the mages a shot at you.

Vitality is pretty much essential for all characters, but you don't need it quite as much as a warrior would.

Spirit is less important, but you'll find that with the great array of special attacks (Explosive arrows, Split arrows, Way of the ranger, etc.) you'll need some mana, too. Keep that in mind.

The only stat you can really afford to dump is Strength. Just try to keep your enemies away from you, and you'll be fine.

So Dex>Int=Vit>Spirit>Strength is my stat priority.

veteran
veteran
Dexterity is not a skill. It's characteristic.

stranger
stranger
Eh, the message got through.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard