Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
apprentice
apprentice
Could we have the reappearance of Rivellon most iconic villain the Dread knights they were so PWNage in the first game they were intimidating at that

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, can't disagree here. Those guys rocked >_>

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
-option to disable floating loot bags (loot directly from dead monster\NPC\barriers etc.)
-option to disable visual aim-help arrow (when pointing on NPC\monsters\barriers etc.)
-manual block (like Oblivion)
-inventory item-stacking must work on everything (does not work with books etc.)
-fix item weight to be realistic
-more stats (From titan quest)
-Attack Speed
-DPS (DamagePerSecond)
-Resistances (Fire,Frost,Poison,Lightning,Slow,Stun etc.)
-Greatest Damage Dealth

more to come... smile

G
Ger Offline
stranger
stranger
G
I'm really loving the game and everyone can make suggestions but obviously game producers cannot always incorporate the suggestions due to engine constraints or the amount of work involved -plus they have to take into account fun for everyone, not just the individual. I find it funny that some people complain about suggestions not being used but have absolutely no clue how much work goes into every little aspect of the game.

We REALLY need a way to skip past a video scene. Having to sit through the starting credits every time you start the game, or the ship scenes every time you start a new character is annoying. I can honestly say I never remember playing a game that you could not "escape" out of a video.

I would personally like more customization to our character. Being able to adjust the character height would be nice, but at least more than brown or blonde hair.

Simple toggle to control whether we can see the helm or not. Realistic? No, but possible to skip seeing some of the not so appealing helms -especially ones that look like mexican wrestling masks.

Now some that may be hard based on the engine -A way to rotate the camera to see your character from any angle, and a little leeway in zooming out from your character to take in a bit more scenery.

Support
Support

Not being able to skip cutscenes is kind of annoying. There are no required starting credits in the Xbox version; after the Larian logo, when and the DTP graphic comes onscreen, you can hit the start button to bring up the menu.

Character customization options are nice in theory, but in practice once you put on a couple pieces of equipment what you choose doesn't matter most of the time.

In the Xbox version you can rotate the camera freely using the right stick, though the only distance choice is standard or (by holding the left trigger down) an almost over the shoulder view. With the left trigger down, though, moving the right stick rotates your character, so you can not move the camera in front of the character.

For the PC version you can pan the camera around freely when paused (hold the middle mouse button down), or use the mouse to zoom in or out during play (with the angle linked to the distance).

Standing near a wall or tree can force the camera to move closer.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Originally Posted by KnightPT
People like visiting a dwarf city, or an elven forest, or a (insert Race X here) environment. It makes the gameplay diferent and its clearly separated in our mind as "an extra spot" and makes the game feel more epic, larger and more "alive".

THIS

How will I laugh tomorrow, when I can't even smile today...
apprentice
apprentice
just out of interest i know the elves are extinct (sad face) but what about the other races i can't imagine a rivellon where dwarves no longer exist telling us mere humans we stink of pig,oh the tragedy.......if anybody knows please let me know if not oh well.......

Last edited by Urath; 19/03/10 05:05 PM.
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, dwarves (and other races) was already requested few times :P

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Oh, I just remembered that we have store in Battle Tower that would be nice ti transfer with saves in addon. Don't want to lose all my loot I collected :<
Can we have our gears transfered in addon as well please? :P

S
stranger
stranger
S
I agree with a previous poster on Skippable Cutscenes and Intro Credits.

I'm sorry, but it REALLY peeves me when I have to see the developer logo's each time I start up the game. I know you guys are really proud of it, but I got it the first time and it's just an annoyance to see it EVERY TIME the game starts.

Same deal with the cutscenes, when I fail and have to reload a previous save, say, before a boss fight, I hate having to keep watching it over and over.

stranger
stranger
I would like to see most of what was listed above and also maybe some STATS for dragon form.
Also - the ability to level up dragon skills and stats somehow (I really don't know how - maybe "places of power" or special quests or some such), not just Dragon Skill Book - which is a OK idea but could be more creative.

And now I repeat myself and some other users:

Ability to attack land creatures,
Ability to go melee as a dragon (you could add a special button for it, so by presiing it near the enemy, or when enemy is selected - you would engage in a melee with him in air or on the ground)
Ability to land as a dragon (and move on the ground)

And again - give our dragon 4 limbs and 2 wings - so he could use them for something (like going melee, walking on the ground etc) otherwise it is just a scalie bird or a wyvern. Maybe when our protagonist becomes more powerful this advanced "true" dragon form will become available for transforming into (something like that - like taping more into the draconic origins - and becoming more powerful Dragon Knight).

On the side note.

Larian guys - you are awesome! XD
There is just too little games like yours. Fix bugs, spend a bit more time on polishing the game and you are cooked!
And for future possible sequel let it still be a dragon protagonist (at least for one more game in the series) - I love draconic RPGs - and there is simply no game like this one - where being a dragon is really a huge part of gameplay (well maybe save for the I of the Dragon game - but it was flawed).

So keep up the good work and hope to see some nice changes in the upcoming add-on and future possible sequels.

Thanks guys!

Support
Support

The game was originally designed to allow the dragon form to attack land opponents, but it required too much memory and had too much of a framerate hit.

The 'dragon' form was deliberately designed as a wyvern, to better correspond to the human form (ie arms become wings, rather than wings just sprouting out of the character back, or something).

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The game was originally designed to allow the dragon form to attack land opponents, but it required too much memory and had too much of a framerate hit.

Link to the info please/ :P

Support
Support

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

The 'dragon' form was deliberately designed as a wyvern, to better correspond to the human form (ie arms become wings, rather than wings just sprouting out of the character back, or something).

But why then the Patriarch, the true dragon has the same form - two legs plus wings?
Although the skeletons of the dragons found everywhere in the game have four legs plus wings...

Just weird.

apprentice
apprentice
it seems there are many loops in the divinity universe but i guess most of it will be answered in the upcoming add-on hopefully but i think they were just trying to improvise making the game better as a whole rather than focusing on one area not much reason to chase the issue

Support
Support

But why then the Patriarch, the true dragon has the same form - two legs plus wings?

Perhaps that is how he wanted to appear for your character's benefit? He had arms, legs and wings in Divine Divinity.

stranger
stranger
Ability to attack land creatures,
Ability to go melee as a dragon (you could add a special button for it, so by presiing it near the enemy, or when enemy is selected - you would engage in a melee with him in air or on the ground)
Ability to land as a dragon (and move on the ground)[2]

Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Raze
Thanks.

S
stranger
stranger
S
> Why not be able to read the books without having to put them in your inventory first.

> Walk through floating loot instead of having to 'click' on it.

> how about being able to outfit your runners with your own loot instead of having to buy it from your 'trainers'.

> Be able to swap 'charms' at a cost comparible with the charm to remove and it's replacement.

> when you first become the dragon, why does it stop before you can destroy everything on the floating islands?

> Get rid ot the pet taking a leak all the time. Gets boring VERY QUICKLY!

Last edited by Skeigh; 06/04/10 02:16 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard